SicarioSanity

TJ Warren 2018-2019 Season Outlook

On 11/9/2018 at 1:57 AM, DezedandConfused said:

Counting stat-wise, it can seem empty. Warren's value rises in punt assist teams though with his efficiency, 15-16 points, couple boards, 1.5 stacks, low TOs. This season he's also raised his 3ptm (1.5) which raises his value more.

He proved otherwise tonight.  If you look back to last season, he did average a steal per night so I wouldn't say he's empty stat player.  The difference from last season tho is that he didn't provide many threes and was a liability at the free throw line, unlike this season.  

And idk about the rest of you guys, but he went undrafted in my 12 team league, so he's a potential WW pickup of the year for me.

3 hours ago, thusanaysayer said:

He proved otherwise tonight.  If you look back to last season, he did average a steal per night so I wouldn't say he's empty stat player.  The difference from last season tho is that he didn't provide many threes and was a liability at the free throw line, unlike this season.  

And idk about the rest of you guys, but he went undrafted in my 12 team league, so he's a potential WW pickup of the year for me.

By counting stats I meant rebounds and assists, I'll take 1.5 stocks with efficiency/low TO's all day. :D

Just now, NoHablaIngles said:

if the 3pt and ft gains are for real... could we be looking at a top 50 guy?

I think it’s possible, assuming the minutes are there like yesterday. I’m holding ROS, he’s clearly become a better 3PT shooter, the stocks are still there, his FG% is still solid, his FT% has increased, and he doesn’t hurt you anywhere. He’s a solid hold for me even with a couple duds mixed in there every now and then. 

• Like 3

I think a lot of us got lucky grabbing him. In my league he was dropped when he missed that game on the 4th and then next game he went 0/5 so none waiver claimed him and he made it to FA then blew up last 2 games. If he keeps playing well he will have a big role on that garbage team. 

• Like 3

Suns got no legit defenders in many positions. They have no choice but to outscore the opponents. The league is changing. Nothing wrong to play him as a stretch 4. I don't see Ryno or Holmes as threat to his starting job. 

Bless the person that dropped him so he could fall into my hands just as he broke out this year.

• Like 1

What’s everyone’s take on him starting at the 4 RoS?  He’s been given 36, 42, 37 and 40 minutes in the four full games played since dispacing Ryno in the starting lineup.  

The production has been Tobias Harris like, minus a handful of boards which translates to borderline top 50 production. Who’s buying?

1 hour ago, 80version said:

What’s everyone’s take on him starting at the 4 RoS?  He’s been given 36, 42, 37 and 40 minutes in the four full games played since dispacing Ryno in the starting lineup.  

The production has been Tobias Harris like, minus a handful of boards which translates to borderline top 50 production. Who’s buying?

Yes.  I don’t think 20/5 is a fluke as he did that last year.  Everyone expected regression as the forward position is fairly crowded in Phoenix but it’s Ariza who regressed which frankly isn’t surprising.  His effieciency is exemplary: 47/91/1.2 TO.  The only thing that isn’t sustainable is the FT as he only shot 76% last season and better than 90% is difficult to maintain, although I think he can manage 85%+ ros.  The difference between this season and last is he’s averaging almost two threes per game.  So you’re looking at a potential 20/5/2/1/1 player who could exceed the mean in every efficiency cat.  That would put him as better than top 50, more like top 30.  Eg. Gallo has finished 44th with a similar line, except for worse FG, better FT impact, fewer stocks.  So I really think he can be top 50, or even better ros.

• Like 4

3 monster games in a row. Looks like he will be the 2nd or 3rd option most nights. Improved shooting. Everyone going psycho over Siakam but I prefer Warren since he will play a lot more mins and be less susceptible to a dud because of that and his higher usage on a crap team

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, richg24 said:

3 monster games in a row. Looks like he will be the 2nd or 3rd option most nights. Improved shooting. Everyone going psycho over Siakam but I prefer Warren since he will play a lot more mins and be less susceptible to a dud because of that and his higher usage on a crap team

Totally agree with this. I picked up Warren instead of Siakam in part because of what you said, and I was also anticipating that T.J would earn PF eligibility, which he just did this morning (in Yahoo leagues). The fact that he now has SF/PF eligility helps his value even more. 

12 hours ago, theantishere said:

Shoutout everyone who voted. He just got PF eligibility in yahoo.

How do we do this for ESPN???

League-winning pickup. This dude was top 75 last year without a 3 point shot. Now he's knocking down threes left and right and hitting all his fts.  Ranked #46 on BBM including all those games behind ryan anderson.  I think he could legitimately finish top 30. 

• Like 1