SicarioSanity

TJ Warren 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Thought he was on to his way to his first "bad" game in a while.... still goes for 23 points on 10-19 shooting with 2 3pts, 5 rebs and a steal and a block.

STUD!

Edited by NoHablaIngles
  • Like 1

Crazy question...but is he emerging as the go-to guy over Booker? Or is the team riding the hot hand as Booker is in sort of a mini slum? Noticed he has taken more attempts the past few games. Haven't  looked deeper than that though.

13 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Thought he was on to his way to his first "bad" game in a while.... still goes for 23 points on 10-19 shooting with 2 3pts, 5 rebs and a steal and a block.

STUD!

I for sure thought the same, the eventual dud which I would have given him a pass for.  I mean he was 4-12 shooting with 0 threes at one point in the 3rd.  That means he hit 6 of his last 7 shots

Edited by thusanaysayer

1 hour ago, nkb32 said:

Crazy question...but is he emerging as the go-to guy over Booker? Or is the team riding the hot hand as Booker is in sort of a mini slum? Noticed he has taken more attempts the past few games. Haven't  looked deeper than that though.

I don't think so. I think booker just matured enough to recognize when he's having a cold stretch and learning how to pass more. His assists number are a lot higher from last year. Warren is 2nd/3rd option depending on the matchup I think

I guess we've seen his ceiling. He's efficient underrated scorer. Can't ask him to assist more or handle the ball like Booker. All I ask is Suns don't get blown out and Warren continues to see 40 min a game. 

3 hours ago, nkb32 said:

35 minutes ago, sickrookie said:

I guess we've seen his ceiling. He's efficient underrated scorer. Can't ask him to assist more or handle the ball like Booker. All I ask is Suns don't get blown out and Warren continues to see 40 min a game. 

One aspect that people haven't really been talking about a ton....

His improved 3-Point Shooting

Take into account that this was a guy (much like Michael Beasley), whose game was centered around taking 12-15 ft jumpers, and who had never averaged more than 0.6 3PM per game in any season during his career...

The dude is averaging a whopping 1.8 3PM on 46.3%....when previously in his 4-year career, he had shot a career 27.0% from beyond the arc...

The transformation is real. He's now averaging almost 4.0 3PA per game, 2.5 more 3 Point Attempts per game than he's ever averaged in a season...

The huge knock on Warren throughout his career had always been his lack of 3-point shooting...Now he's got it.

In 9-category leagues (with T/O)...His value is HUGE. It's difficult finding a player that averages close to 20.0 PPG, who isn't averaging more than 2.0 T/O per game...and he's averaging 1.1.....Consider also that he is one of most underrated "fantasy" Stock Defenders...averaging nearly 1.0 Steal and 1.0 Block per game (currently at 0.9 / 0.8)

He should, in most circumstances, be the 2nd option on offense with Ayton...I wouldn't call Ayton the 3rd option, but I also wouldn't call Warren the 3rd option. I think it's Booker as the 1st, and depending on the situation/matchup, it goes Warren/Ayton or Ayton/Warren.

He's got a chance at being a legitimate Top-40 player the rest of the way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sickrookie said:

All I ask is Suns don't get blown out and Warren continues to see 40 min a game. 

PHX ran him out for 40 mins in a blowout against OKC a few games back.  The organization just paid the guy.  They’re giving Ryno DNP’s so they can let him grow into the role as their stetch-4.  He’s rewarding them with solid plat.  T.J.s minutes seem to be pretty safe at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

He's like Tobias Harris-lite

They are ranked like 34 and 35 on yahoo atm lol.

Edited by HotSauce24

Just now, HotSauce24 said:

They are ranked like 33 and 34 on yahoo atm lol.

They basically have the same game. Mid range J's, efficient shooting, slowly developed a 3pt shot, high single digit rebounds, trickle of stocks

3 hours ago, Griff X said:

minus the injuries

sorry for the noob question, but who is more durable, tobias or TJ?

also, when will ESPN give him PF.... my lineup thin af there

Just now, whatisball said:

sorry for the noob question, but who is more durable, tobias or TJ?

also, when will ESPN give him PF.... my lineup thin af there

I've only owned Tobias this year. TJ has weird injuries. He had a mysterious head injury a couple of years back (I'm not kidding, they couldnt specify what it was) and when he came back it's like he forgot how to play basketball.

Reluctantly traded Siakum for Warren as I needed the points and 3s. Hopefully he sticks in the starting lu ros and the stocks and 3s continue in what looks like an evaluation to his mid range game from last season. 

Someone offered me Warren for Barton in one of my leagues the day after Barton's injury timeline was announced and I didn't accept. I wonder if that'll come back to haunt me. Thankfully I scooped him up in most of my other leagues. It looks like all the pieces are in place for a career year. Enjoy the ride guys. 

11 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

What was this all about? lol 

Warren didn't come close enough to get the ball so JJ had to toss it.

3 hours ago, Gdupm6 said:

Im surprised TJ took that from the youngin... 

Nobody came back.  I understand there was only 4 seconds left, but you have to at least have the ball to put up the last shot.  I don't blame Jackson at all.

Oh well.  All that really matters is what numbers Warren and others put up, not whether the Suns would lose every game from here on out.

• Like 1