Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joed2323

David Johnson, bench for Clement this week?

As the title states, what do I do with DJ this week?

Mixon is hurt, so I have Coleman in mixons roster spot .

Do I hope they get DJ going in the passing game this week and hopefully he gets back into 15-20 pts or roll with Clement this week??

Thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, Return of the King said:

don't bench DJ. He had one bad game. You drafted him in round 1 for a reason. He will bounce back this week.

I don't know about that.  That Bears defense is no joke.  Clement would be a solid option but he's banged up now, too, so I'd probably still go DJ.

2 minutes ago, Return of the King said:

don't bench DJ. He had one bad game. You drafted him in round 1 for a reason. He will bounce back this week.

I hear you on that. 

He killed me last week. I can't afford another bad game from him this week.. 

I'd rather not bench my "stud" 

Two bad weeks in a row I'm gonna end up doing something stupid with him!

I don't have much faith in the coaching..

If this coaching doesn't get him involved more with the passing game and more touches they should all be fired!

If Bradford plays Djs points are definitely capped

I have been doing this a long time. Don't bench your studs. At least this early in the year. Az know it has to get the ball to DJ. He will bounce back.

Clement is a 3rd stringer. If you dislike DJ that much then trade him. I betting on DJ. 

1 hour ago, Return of the King said:

I have been doing this a long time. Don't bench your studs. At least this early in the year. Az know it has to get the ball to DJ. He will bounce back.

Clement is a 3rd stringer. If you dislike DJ that much then trade him. I betting on DJ. 

Appreciate the advice..

I don't dislike dj, I dislike the coaching and game planning...

You would think for as bad as Bradford is, why not play the rookie and hand the ball off 20+ times?

15 minutes ago, joed2323 said:

Appreciate the advice..

I don't dislike dj, I dislike the coaching and game planning...

You would think for as bad as Bradford is, why not play the rookie and hand the ball off 20+ times?

I think the reason is they want Rosen to survive. Let Bradford get killed back there behind that terrible offensive line. I’d start DJ. 

Who puts up more points DJ I hope or Clement???

If Zona keeps trying to pound the ball up the middle especially against the bears and "Mack Truck" they won't get very far!

Man if DJ can't get going this weekend and Clement puts up far more points on my bench I'm gonna cry

I dont blame you, in same spot. I would be the contrarian and say start Clements this week given he is the lead back and no timeshare risk with Ajayi out.  See what AZ does with DJ.

Now, do you think I should bench too? :)

4 minutes ago, ywallet said:

I dont blame you, in same spot. I would be the contrarian and say start Clements this week given he is the lead back and no timeshare risk with Ajayi out.  See what AZ does with DJ.

Now, do you think I should bench too? :)

I wish u had an answer for you on what is the smart move with DJ.

It can either pay our for us both or we both go down in flames this week 

I have the same dilemma. If you have DJ, you might be 0-2 just like me and it's this week or never.

It's nothing against DJ, but the context favors Clement, widely.

The fact is : I don't think Clement does bad this week, I just don't see it. RB1 numbers ? Maybe not, but I can see him in the RB2 range. The Colts running defense is nothing extraordinary and Ajayi+Sproles are sitting.

David Johnson plays against the bears defense, if the past (week 1&2) is any indication, the Cards will be struggling on offense (Bradford still there) and that hurts DJ's value, as we all know.

I think Clement gives you a safe floor and if DJ has an interesting week on our bench, we're all happy and ready to put him back on the roster.

Is Clement still slightly injured?? I don't think he is 100% is he?

Maybe a slightly injured Clement is still better then a healthy DJ with a bad line, bad coach and bad QB???

Man this is going to be a really tough decision if I decide to bench DJ... 

Ride or Die they say.  .  .

Mixed in this crap decision on what to do with DJ, it makes me feel a little better knowing their is a bunch of you guys stuck with the same decision...

Oddly enough we should not even be discussing potentially benching a stud like DJ. Sickening actually.

Before I picked DJ with the 5th pick I knew about his offense and had yo decide on him or Barkley. I did not like the unknown with Barkley at the time.

If I could do it over I would have or should have taken Barkley at 5 instead, even though the Giants offense is stale as well. At least they use Barkley in the passing game. Hope Zona figures out how to use DJ in the passing game like they previously talked about...

I think I'm gonna Ride Dj as my starter and just hope and pray he gets me points. 

I can not bench my starting stud at week 3. 

Rather not look like a fool benching my stud and he pulls together a nice game some how... if he totally face plants at least I died trying!!!

Wish me luck .

Thanks guys

Long term lurker here.....

I have the same dilemma, DJ or Clement. I have always stuck to the "always play your stud theory" but with my team already being slapped around ( D. Jones, LB, IR, K. Neal, S, IR, and Le'Fluffy Bell, RB, OV [On Vacation]), I need to perhaps roll the dice and roll with Clement. 

The Fantasy Football Ghods are cruel and unforgiving. I know that benching DJ means he will go off. I have a picture in my mind of that T-Shirt of a mouse flipping off an Eagle as it is dive bombing the rodent. The about to be eaten rodent is my hero....may Clement shine in the light of "One week spot starters".

For this 50/50 decision, it all comes down to me not wanting to bench DJ and having him go off.  I drafted him #3.  I would rather just trade DJ and be done with it than have to decide if I should bench him every single week.  I will probably give it 4 weeks with DJ and then try to trade him for 3rd round value.  

AZ coach literally said "We need to give DJ more routes and targets"

Going up against a stout D, playing from behind... And you want to bench him???

Doesn't make sense to me. Also, if you're 0-3... You haven't lost your season, that's absurd thinking.

I’m nervous, but I refuse to bench this guy. He is still insanely talented and it’s not OT of the realm of possibilities that a HC realizes his mistakes after 1 game

On 9/21/2018 at 2:19 PM, joed2323 said:

As the title states, what do I do with DJ this week?

Mixon is hurt, so I have Coleman in mixons roster spot .

Do I hope they get DJ going in the passing game this week and hopefully he gets back into 15-20 pts or roll with Clement this week??

Thanks in advance

Clement will go bonkers tomorrow. Lots of looks.

Just now, Tomei7 said:

Clement will go bonkers tomorrow. Lots of looks.

I’d go with Clement in my flex give all 3 the start

On 9/21/2018 at 5:35 PM, sjm76 said:

I don't know about that.  That Bears defense is no joke.  Clement would be a solid option but he's banged up now, too, so I'd probably still go DJ.

He's not banged up, they limited him as a precautionary measure. 

Have both DJ and Clement going,

along with Sony Michel over..... 

......LeSean McCoy and Adrian Peterson

For you : think you go with your high-first-round-draft-pick -- I'm hoping for lots, and lots of receptions. 

Should be interesting.