Rotoworld.com Forums

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Anyone targeting RHJ this year? I got him in the 13th round in my 10-teamer draft. He was solid last year with value across the board except for 3s. Can he improve on his stats from last year? Lots of mouths to feed in Brooklyn but he should be able to stay on the court due to his defense and versatility. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RHJ could definitely break out this year, along with  D Lo, and Levert, while Jarret Allen holds down the Center position well.   The Nets are on the upswing, in general, and have a great cu

I'm in a competitive 12 man and I drafted this dude in late 7th... I know I know.  Feel free to clown, I deserve it. I just loved what he did last year and thought he could be a beast this year,

Bro u telling me.   I held SGA right up until the day before he broke out. And of course someone picks him up right as i drop him.   Then i traded brogdon for RHJ cause i needed re

Hes a nice all around guy except for 3s like you said. He could add a lot of value if his steals come back to levels they were at his rookie and 2nd year. 

Steals per 36:

15/16: 2.3

16/17: 1.7

17/18: 1.2

His blocks have held at .9 per 36 each year. He should be able to get 28 - 32 mins per game this year. 

I would target him in late rounds for stocks, rebounds, good %s and some low end assists. 

• Like 1

Really liked this guy last year but the nagging injuries make it so hard to own him, that’s also why he’s available to late in the draft. He’s on of the higher upside player to scoop late in draft around round 10-13th. I considered him or Jabari depend on availability

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

Whats the situation with this guy? Carroll and crabbe are hurt. Is he must own in 10 team leagues? 

I usually don’t play 10 teams but in 12 teams, this man should not be on the wire. With more usage rates coming his way, he can only do better 

• Like 1

Either I'm a dummy or some people are completely overlooking him. I see a guy with the potential to go 14 & 7 with solid %'s and 2+ stocks. He's also headed into his 4th year and awaits a nice payday as an RFA if he can continue to build on last year. I grabbed him at pick 90 which is maybe too high given some people are looking at him on the WW. It may take two weeks for him to get up to stamina and knock off some rust, but I think he'll come around to being a pretty solid top 100 player with a bit of top 75 upside. 

2 minutes ago, Red Sox Nation said:

Either I'm a dummy or some people are completely overlooking him. I see a guy with the potential to go 14 & 7 with solid %'s and 2+ stocks. He's also headed into his 4th year and awaits a nice payday as an RFA if he can continue to build on last year. I grabbed him at pick 90 which is maybe too high given some people are looking at him on the WW. It may take two weeks for him to get up to stamina and knock off some rust, but I think he'll come around to being a pretty solid top 100 player with a bit of top 75 upside. 

Same here, I have him and theres no way im dropping him for a "hot" FA. 

8 minutes ago, Red Sox Nation said:

I targeted him and got him in the 100ish area. There is a scarcity of bigs that just get you big guy stats. %s, boards, so points, etc. Like what Enes Kanter was last year. RHJ (and Portis) were the 2 late round targets that I think best represent that type of a big. The stocks are just gravy if you build accordingly. 

Poor guy is so overlooked he can't even get his name spelled right in his player thread title. 

Glad I'm not alone in thinking people are sleeping on this guy after the mini-breakout he had last year.  More suited for Roto leagues as he doesn't stand out in any one category.  14 & 7, good %'s, sneaky 2.5-3.0 ast, 1.6+ stocks.  He won't hit 3's but who cares.  Seems like an easy top-100 guy that should be owned in every 12 team league.

43 minutes ago, BoogieNights said:

Poor guy is so overlooked he can't even get his name spelled right in his player thread title. 

Glad I'm not alone in thinking people are sleeping on this guy after the mini-breakout he had last year.  More suited for Roto leagues as he doesn't stand out in any one category.  14 & 7, good %'s, sneaky 2.5-3.0 ast, 1.6+ stocks.  He won't hit 3's but who cares.  Seems like an easy top-100 guy that should be owned in every 12 team league.

Agreed - was surprised he was going so late in drafts given the only missing piece in his game was his 3's (granted you need to believe the improvement in FG%). He also has a solid role on the team so hopefully very little worry about usage / minutes.

I'm with everyone that thinks others are sleeping on RHJ.  He's a 14-15 points, 7ish rebounds, 3ish assists, 1ish blocks and steals guy with very solid percentages.  That's if he doesn't have any kind of breakout......with a breakout, who knows.  He may not shoot 3's, but he can be an asset most everywhere else.  Well worth a spot on 12 and 10 teamers to me.  I have him in a 10 team league, although for some strange reason, the site lists him as a guard so it is a bit of a challenge to get him in the lineup as anything but a flex.

• thezing1 changed the title to Rondae Hollis-Jefferson 2018-2019 Season Outlook