Rotoworld.com Forums

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, BoogieNights said:

This is now my worry.  I was high on RHJ heading into the year (as an underrated asset) but it looks like he won't regain the role that he had last year.  He pretty much needs 26+ minutes to be a top-100 player and I'm not sold he gets there.  Aside from LeVert and Harris, nobody is averaging more than 28 mpg currently.  Now that Carroll is back, that's another person he will have to fight for minutes.  Jared Dudley is inexplicably stealing 25 minutes a night while doing basically nothing.  Carroll is obviously better than Dudley.  So does Dudley go from 25 mpg to out of the rotation?  Doubtful.  It's just going to be a minutes jam on this team.  It is very concerning that he hasn't reclaimed the starting job from Dudley yet.  Just a lot of red flags for RHJ, unfortunately.

tl;dr:  It's going to be a bumpy ride and it probably won't be for the faint of heart.  I'm not optimistic anymore

Last night was a weird game. Dudley has history with the Suns and probably wanted to ball and show them he was worth more minutes. You can get away with so much when all you have to do is throw a live body on Ryan Anderson and he gets negated. Just a weird game. 

They gave Crabbe a huge leash last night to try and find some rhythm. They want Crabbe doing what he did last year because he spaces as good as anyone. Once Crabbe gets back in rhythm that will change the dynamic of the rotations. There is a lot of moving parts, but the one thing they want is floor spacing. RHJ just might not be the fit for this team, but he should get more minutes. He is still working back from missing all of the preseason and the start of the season to injury. We have been waiting for a while, but the reality is that he really hasn't been playing that long this season. Patience is probably best until he gets his wind to handle all the minutes the coaches will give him. Then assess what those minutes look like.  

• Like 1
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RHJ could definitely break out this year, along with  D Lo, and Levert, while Jarret Allen holds down the Center position well.   The Nets are on the upswing, in general, and have a great cu

I'm in a competitive 12 man and I drafted this dude in late 7th... I know I know.  Feel free to clown, I deserve it. I just loved what he did last year and thought he could be a beast this year,

Bro u telling me.   I held SGA right up until the day before he broke out. And of course someone picks him up right as i drop him.   Then i traded brogdon for RHJ cause i needed re

I’m mostly with thezing1 on RHJ. I believe in the player. He may not be the right fit and the markgin for error is clearly small with Atkinson’s minutes philosophy. My league is deep enough (12 team 192 rostered) that with his upside I must hold until he is straight trash. In leagues under 150 players rostered he is a difficult stash. 

• Like 1

Last year it was very similar.  He always start slows and then he picks up ! 

Dudly will be dead soon and then RHJ be starting and production should go off but until then it’s stash 

5 hours ago, snroto said:

Last year it was very similar.  He always start slows and then he picks up ! 

Dudly will be dead soon and then RHJ be starting and production should go off but until then it’s stash 

Yeah, only reason I’m not dropping is beacause dinosaur dudley is starting PF at the moment and should soon be replaced. Fingers crossed. 

I just don't know where the minutes are going to come from in the short term.  I watched the game and with 5 minutes left in regulation he checked out for Jared freaking Dudley.  Jared Dudley is closing out games and it's 2018.  For RHJ, the shooting sucked but he got a 1+1+1.  What if he played 25 minutes?  Maybe a 12, 5 and 3 with a triple one.. which means I guess I'm holding for another week in hopes that he gets the minutes he needs to be a top-100 guy.  Dudley can't possibly stick in this rotation for much longer.

16 minutes ago, BoogieNights said:

I just don't know where the minutes are going to come from in the short term.  I watched the game and with 5 minutes left in regulation he checked out for Jared freaking Dudley.  Jared Dudley is closing out games and it's 2018.  For RHJ, the shooting sucked but he got a 1+1+1.  What if he played 25 minutes?  Maybe a 12, 5 and 3 with a triple one.. which means I guess I'm holding for another week in hopes that he gets the minutes he needs to be a top-100 guy.  Dudley can't possibly stick in this rotation for much longer.

Dudley may play fewer minutes but they still have carroll who fight for minutes(similar to Dudley,vet stretch 4)

Edited by kane
24 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

I’m holding for a couple more weeks. I cant find 14-7-3-1-1 with good %s on my wire

The problem is he's never averaged 3 assists or 1 block though, even with ample opportunity.  And when you consider he can't provide 3PM, career-wise he is shaping up to be on an MKG career trajectory.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

The problem is he's never averaged 3 assists or 1 block though, even with ample opportunity.  And when you consider he can't provide 3PM, career-wise he is shaping up to be on an MKG career trajectory.

Well I got no other options at sf/pf. He's still better than Ilasova, Marvin Williams,  spellman, Osman and Aminu

• Like 1

I'm in a competitive 12 man and I drafted this dude in late 7th...

I know I know.  Feel free to clown, I deserve it.

I just loved what he did last year and thought he could be a beast this year, but the rubber has met the road for me.

I almost never drop a 8th rounder or sooner this early into season (4 weeks), but enough is enough.  I've gotta put my heart on the shelf and use my excel spread sheets.

RIP you wasted fantasy pick SOB.  Please suck for the rest of season and don't make me look like an idiot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3