Sign in to follow this  
Judicious

Domantas Sabonis 2018-2019 Season Outlook

The young big and son of a hoops legend surprised everyone in his first year with the Pacers. A very skilled player who showed flashes of his potential as a starter when Myles Turner was injured, where do you predict he will rank this season? Will the Pacers play him next to Turner? Where would you draft him? Discuss!

6 minutes ago, Judicious said:

The young big and son of a hoops legend surprised everyone in his first year with the Pacers. A very skilled player who showed flashes of his potential as a starter when Myles Turner was injured, where do you predict he will rank this season? Will the Pacers play him next to Turner? Where would you draft him? Discuss!

Outside 120... 

EDIT: Maybe not even there... I'd take Isaac, Bell, Robinson (NY), W. Carter Jr. Nance Jr. Motrezi Harrell, Jackson Jr. Kelly Olynyk, Taj Gibson, Favors, Ibaka, Harry Giles, over him... 

Sooo yeah... not high on him AT ALL... 

Edited by Stefan

AFAIR, Pacers President said O'Quinn is out of the rotation so this is a 3-mem rotation at PF/C. Also Pacers said they might play more Turner-Sabonis combo this season. I guess 27-30 minutes for Sabonis. Unfortunately, he is not fantasy friendly.

9 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

If only he can add some stocks.

A block and 2 steals last night. Hopefully that can carry over into the regular season, especially if he sees a minutes uptick.

I agree - his line is very Kanter like. With that being said, he can be a steal if you feel you lack the big man stats except blocks during the end of your draft. 

I tend to gravitate towards Siakam or Poeltl more though as late round bigman picks. 

3 hours ago, Auction>Snake said:

Exactly, and he outplayed him all of last season.

He is a much smarter and better offensive player than Turner but Turner will still play more than him because of his defense/rim protection. If only Turner had sabonis offensive awareness he would actually be worth the 3rd round picks guys still use on him. 

wow he is really being underrated 

i wouldn’t be surprised to see him put up top 100 value .. and yahoo has him ranked at 180 something - sleeper 

41 minutes ago, scienze said:

wow he is really being underrated 

i wouldn’t be surprised to see him put up top 100 value .. and yahoo has him ranked at 180 something - sleeper 

He’s nothing special in fantasy, 12/7 with little to no stocks as a big man is very meh. 

Just now, Boogie Buckets said:

He’s nothing special in fantasy, 12/7 with little to no stocks as a big man is very meh. 

those are his numbers from last year

i don’t see why he can’t build on that and go 16/9 on high percentages this season 

4 hours ago, scienze said:

those are his numbers from last year

i don’t see why he can’t build on that and go 16/9 on high percentages this season 

Im curious what makes you think hes going to improve much? Pacers didnt lose any frontcourt depth, Turner will likely remain healthy more than he did last year and they added another high usage guy in Tyreke so its not like his situation got much better

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Boogie Buckets said:

If you're punting blocks, he's very serviceable. It would be nice if he got steals, but it's not horrible that he doesn't. I feel like people forget you still need centers when you're punting big man stats. 

On 10/9/2018 at 7:15 AM, Boogie Buckets said:

Im curious what makes you think hes going to improve much? Pacers didnt lose any frontcourt depth, Turner will likely remain healthy more than he did last year and they added another high usage guy in Tyreke so its not like his situation got much better

just watching him play....im not a box score watcher, i watch actual games, and sabonis is too good to be riding the pine on a team like the pacers. i'll be surprised if he doesnt improve on last season.

On 10/9/2018 at 5:34 AM, Boogie Buckets said:

That was also his first year, on a new team...and that 12/7 was a significant leap from his production as a rookie. There is a difference between 12/7 from someone like Gibson who has already shown us his ceiling, and 12/7 from a 2nd-year player still finding his identity

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Judicious said:

That was also his first year, on a new team...and that 12/7 was a significant leap from his production as a rookie. There is a difference between 12/7 from someone like Gibson who has already shown us his ceiling, and 12/7 from a 2nd-year player still finding his identity

exactly .. theres natural progression from year 2 to year 3. especially with a quality player like sabonis. 

On 10/10/2018 at 11:06 PM, bsu27 said:

Would you rather have this guy or Gortat

Sab easily.