Sign in to follow this  
SuperHans

Trading Stud RB to Fix Lineup? Is it worth it?

12 team .5 PPR  

Currently sitting at 1-2 

I am losing because my WR's suck so damn bad!

Russ

Kamara / Melvin G / Cook / Buck / Ty Monty

Amari :( / M. Williams / Agahlor / Dede

Kittle / Vance

Anyway as you can see I need some depth. I was offered this trade from a team who needs a stud RB and has great depth

Melvin G / Amari

for

Thielen / J Howard / J. Graham

It is tough to trade Melvin, he does so much for my team weekly. I want to trade Dalvin Cook more but I wouldn't be able to haul guys of that quality at all. What are your thoughts?

I'd do that but with what you have you could get maybe two WR.

I would try to get JuJu, Cooks, Sanders, Diggs. Diggs you might be able to sell low after last weeks performance and a possible though matchup against the Rams this week.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/722589-trade-advice-2-offers-whir/

Edited by RoughingThePasser77

This is a toss-up to me.  Nice to get rid of Cooper but Gordon has been very solid.  I'd probably do it though.

This seems like a slight win on your part. Thielen’s definitely a big upgrade to your WRs. 

Edited by Ponystar

Yeah I agree and i think it's a win for the other team. He really could use an every week stud. I rank Melvin G as a top 5 overall fantasy player right now. I just wonder if waiting and finding free agent WR's will work just as good.

It's definitely a win for you.  I'd try to reach out to the Juju owner and see what you might be able to work out in terms of RB for Juju.  He is going to have an amazing year...

If Juju owner doesn't budge, take this deal

24 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Yeah I agree and i think it's a win for the other team. He really could use an every week stud. I rank Melvin G as a top 5 overall fantasy player right now. I just wonder if waiting and finding free agent WR's will work just as good.

If your waiver wire is anything like mine, I’d rather have Thielen than have to rely onto that. Curious, as a Gordon owner, what would you think of a Gordon for Michael Thomas trade.

Edited by Ponystar

I like this trade. This is a trade that helps both teams. Agree that it's hard to trade Gordon, but getting Howard who is solid & is more involved in the passing game, & Thielen, who is a stud WR helps your team. 

6 minutes ago, Ponystar said:

If your waiver wire is anything like mine, I’d rather have Thielen than have to rely onto that. Curious, as a Gordon owner, what would you think of a Gordon for Michael Thomas trade.

I have Gordon on a couple of teams & I would consider that offer. May have to throw in a lower tier RB, but something like that could be done. 

10 minutes ago, Ponystar said:

that is only the WR I'd consider trading Melvin for. Even then I kinda like Melvin more. 

I would do it. And If you have Ridley or boyd or aaron jones on your waivers grab them cause all three would be nice additions to help your team.i would drop ty Monty for jones if hes available and dede for one of the receivers I mentioned 

3 minutes ago, sportsaddict868 said:

I would do it. And If you have Ridley or boyd or aaron jones on your waivers grab them cause all three would be nice additions to help your team.i would drop ty Monty for jones if hes available and dede for one of the receivers I mentioned 

all those guys are gone, active waivers

Yea I say still go for it since it helps a position of weakness and Howard is solid. Maybe look out for other wrs who might be available like Godwin or funchess. You never know who might be available. 

I did it... I added Buck Allen and he added Matt Bredia. Not sure if I lost that part but I still like Bredia without Jimmy G more than Buck Allen just for total touches alone. I was not going to do this trade at all till this forum so hopefully it works out!