builttoolong

Keke Coutee 2018 Outlook

13 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think it's more like people hate getting burned by hammy issues which can make a player unreliable to start and can put a goose egg in your lineup. 

If someone is burned by a waiver wire pick up, their team is not good.

sure, Keke has injury concerns. But if he overcomes that, he has a lot of upside.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think it's more like people hate getting burned by hammy issues which can make a player unreliable to start and can put a goose egg in your lineup. 

This precisely.  In my opinion and from my experience, hamstrings are by far the worst injury for fantasy purposes.  Its an injury that doesn't feel too bad during the week when you're not stressing it very hard which can give optimism to the player that it can be managed, and these guys are the ultimate competitors - they want to be out there helping their team on gameday.  Once you get in a game though and start to exert extra force its very easy to tweak again and make matters worse, extending the whole hamstring healing process, which already can take a very long time without re-aggravation.  It's not something that you can really do a lot about as far as rehab and such, you just mostly have to let it heal, and how fast it does is going to be different from player to player and the severity.  Unless they hold him out until he's completely over it (apparently he wasn't, since he aggravated it again), he's going to be very hard to trust to stay in the game every week.  Teams are starting to understand this which is why you see guys like Fournette and Dalvin being held out so long.

I'm hopeful just like everyone else for the best case scenario since a huge opportunity in the offense has potentially opened up for him, but it'd be silly to overlook or downplay the hamstring injury and how it'll affect his fantasy value moving forward, given how long it has lingered for him.

Edited by Bryce84

I have him on my roster but I don't really want him.  The QB looks like he is getting healthy, so that's good, but this hammy has the feeling of a season-long ordeal.

1 minute ago, Bryce84 said:

This precisely.  In my opinion and from my experience, hamstrings are by far the worst injury for fantasy purposes.  Its an injury that doesn't feel too bad during the week when you're not stressing it very hard which can give optimism to the player that it can be managed, and these guys are the ultimate competitors - they want to be out there helping their team on gameday.  Once you get in a game though and start to exert extra force its very easy to tweak again and make matters worse, extending the whole hamstring healing process, which already can take a very long time without re-aggravation.  It's not something that you can really do a lot about as far as rehab and such, you just mostly have to let it heal, and how fast it does is going to be different from player to player and the severity.  Unless they hold him out until he's completely over it (apparently he wasn't, since he aggravated it again), he's going to be very hard to trust to stay in the game every week.  Teams are starting to understand this which is why you see guys like Fournette and Dalvin being held out so long.

I'm hopeful just like everyone else for the best case scenario and a huge opportunity in the offense has potentially opened up for him, but it'd be silly to overlook or downplay the hamstring injury and how it'll affect his fantasy value moving forward, given how long it has lingered for him.

I’d say torn ACLs might be tougher injuries. But in terms of Keke, no one who plays FF doesn’t realize he has hamstring issues. But if any team is depending on him to be in their lineup, they aren’t a contending team anyway. That’s like buying a lottery ticket, and worrying that if it doesn’t hit, you might be evicted. If that’s the case, the lottery ticket isn’t the problem.

now, if people dropped Keke last week, and have to decide how much to spend on him, then I can see that being a tough decision.

but anyone who has him now will sit back and see what happens with his hammy.

i vote that they rest him until after the bye.

keke’s value just went way up. And anyone who kept him on their roster this last week or 2 may be rewarded in a big way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bryce84 said:

I'm hopeful just like everyone else for the best case scenario since a huge opportunity in the offense has potentially opened up for him, but it'd be silly to overlook or downplay the hamstring injury and how it'll affect his fantasy value moving forward, given how long it has lingered for him.

FF is managing Success vs Risk. Keke is worth it. I have room for him, hammy issue or not. He could be a huge compliment for playoff-bound teams in the FLEX. I re-scooped within minutes of the Fuller injury last night.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

FF is managing Success vs Risk. Keke is worth it. I have room for him, hammy issue or not. He could be a huge compliment for playoff-bound teams in the FLEX. I re-scooped within minutes of the Fuller injury last night.

This for sure. If you choose to avoid all players that carry risk on the waiver wire, you might as well just try to sell your FAAB to another owner. I mean there’s a reason no one is currently rostering those players.

I’m not saying that anyone should be the farm on Coutee, but as long as you’re paying a reasonable price, this dude is an obvious pickup. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sean Tambo said:

Anyway Sammie Coates takes over as #2.

Rumors are beginning

Are they the same people who missed on Chubb and touted Duke instead?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Butters said:

I’d say torn ACLs might be tougher injuries.

From a real life perspective, absolutely.  From a fantasy perspective?  I'd rather my player suffer a torn ACL over someone with a hamstring injury every time.  At least with a torn ACL you know that player is out and done.  With a hamstring you are stuck in a limbo where you have no idea how long it'll take to heal and there's a huge risk of reinjury further prolonging the process and can't truly trust them until they've shown to be completely over it for a few weeks.

30 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

I appreciate the Fantasy Football 101 lesson, but personally I'm of the belief that Fantasy is far more intricate than simply "success vs risk" - however that's an entirely different discussion.  Keke has a golden opportunity to help out some fantasy teams if they manage his injury well.  I'm not disputing the upside there, I'm merely cautioning about the hamstring injury given there are so many unknown variables regarding it that will affect his ability to stay on the field.  The thing to remember is every fantasy team is different - some have the luxury of being able to stash a player like Keke and there are other teams that need help right now.  If you're part of the former group, then that's great for you.  The perspective I was bringing had more to do with the latter group though.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

Leagues that allow mid game transactions and doesn't have a waiver process are dumb. Then it becomes a game of "who can sit at their computer the longest." Under no circumstances should someone sitting by computer have an advantage to pick up a player over someone else who might not be in front of their computer.

PS: This isn't out of bitterness that I "missed out" on him since I already had Keke rostered. Just think leagues like that are silly.

Edited by Godfather131
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Godfather131 said:

Leagues that allow mid game transactions and doesn't have a waiver process are dumb. Then it becomes a game of "who can sit at their computer the longest." Under no circumstances should someone sitting by computer have an advantage to pick up a player over someone else who might not be in front of their computer.

It's only applicable to the Thursday games. I'm on Yahoo btw. Do you think it's an exploit, or just a stupid format?  We have the waiver priority # system. I don't know what it's called. It's not FAAB.

Edited by Mikeyvegas

5 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

It's only applicable to the Thursday games. I'm on Yahoo btw. Do you think it's an exploit, or just a stupid format?  We have the waiver priority # system. I don't know what it's called. It's not FAAB.

Once a game starts, the players involved (for Thurs, Sun, or Monday games) that are free agents should be put on waivers and subject to the normal waiver process (Which typically concludes on either Tuesday or Wednesday morning depending on your league.)

It's insanity to be able to pick up players freely once their game has already started. It's a huge advantage for those who literally sit in front of computer and wait for players to get hurt so they can snag their backup within seconds.

Edited by Godfather131
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

I'm on Yahoo and the guys playing were on waivers once the game started.

17 minutes ago, damageinc said:

Anyone think they trade for a WR. D Thomas etc . ?

Im thinking yes, but not a top notch guy

17 minutes ago, fenwaypawk said:

I’m hoping they trade for davante Parker 

As a Texans fan I wouldn’t be opposed to that for the right price but I doubt it because we need a speed guy to take the top of the defense. Not sure that’s in Parker’s skill set. Also no trade rumors coming out of Houston yet.

Regarding KeKe though I’m not sure his role changes all that much. He plays the slot and Fuller plays outside. I think Coates fills that role better than KeKe but maybe he still benefits with a target or two more a game.

Don't feel good about his chances of staying healthy but a nice opportunity here for those who stashed.  I hope they keep him out until after the bye week to get that hamstring close to 100% as possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

I was able to pick him up in Yahoo this morning. Glitch or league settings?

League settings. Had noticed the same thing in our league last year before I fixed it. 

Your setting for locking players or is set to Players lock Sunday Noon thru Wed. Needs to be set to Players lock at kickoff, or something close to that. 

Thursday games and London games players won't lock until noon Sunday under your league setting.

1 minute ago, Fort4242 said:

Apologize if this falls under AC but is Keke worth a #1 waiver priority?

I would take it to AC. Depends on your team and situation.