Saucy

Enes Kanter 2018-2019 Outlook

20 minutes ago, waylanderz said:

Yes but it would be great if we can put him in that IL spot.

Sure, I can understand why you would want it, but he shouldn't be able to be put on there when he's a free agent.  He's not hurt, which is what the IL spot is for.

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2019 at 6:29 AM, Kriggly said:

I don't think any rebuilding team will want him.  Teams would want him to be an instant offense off the bench kind of guy in a rotation missing big men.  From a pure fantasy perspective, I think places like the 6ers, Nets, Hornets, Nuggets, Rockets, or Spurs would be beneficial.   

I totally agree for Spurs, and Hornets.... But Denver??? With Plumlee making such a good season?? Rockets since Capela will be back soon and Faried plays weel... The same for 76ers which have just acquired Boban and Nets which I think they are satisfied with the duo of JA and Davis.

I think the the best place would be Hornets or Dalla and Chicago but I do not think (as u said ) that the rebuilding teams would want him...

Furthermore maybe the Bucks would be a nice spot also since after releasing Maker they do not have a true C backup

• Like 1

I just grabbed him off waivers, hoping he signs with a team sooner than later. 

5 minutes ago, paokmaniak said:

I totally agree for Spurs, and Hornets.... But Denver??? With Plumlee making such a good season?? Rockets since Capela will be back soon and Faried plays weel... The same for 76ers which have just acquired Boban and Nets which I think they are satisfied with the duo of JA and Davis.

I think the the best place would be Hornets or Dalla and Chicago but I do not think (as u said ) that the rebuilding teams would want him...

Furthermore maybe the Bucks would be a nice spot also since after releasing Maker they do not have a true C backup

Yea, my thought with Denver is just them wanting to win now and Milsap being injury ridden.  Faried isn't really a center, so Kanter would provide someone actually big enough to play the 5 with Capela on the bench.  With the 6ers, they're only giving Boban around 13-15 minutes and lack any real offensive off the bench now that they've moved JJ Reddick to the starting lineup and purged their offensive role players in the Tobias trade.  With the Nets, Davis is pretty lackluster.  Really any team he goes to will have someone already filling up the minutes.  He'll realistically provide an offensive upgrade to people who may already exist.  

The Bucks are a good call.  That could work out pretty well for them, but he would definitely be limited to only playing while Giannis isn't on the floor since they need to surround Giannis with people who can shoot 3s.    

So, absolutely no whispers about him other than the Boston rumor that got shut down last week? Sheesh. I picked him up last week and plan on holding him through the ASB.

Haven't been able to use this guy for almost a month. I slid from 1st to 2nd in my league in the process. Can a team just pick this dude up already?! He only needs 20 mins to do some damage!

I'm considering dropping him for Zubac at this point since playoffs are around the corner.

Edited by reverb
Typo

1 minute ago, mmcc1029 said:

I dropped last week it's liberating, join me fellas.

Who'd you pick up?

10 minutes ago, reverb said:

Who'd you pick up?

I dropped too, just to stream the spot with the hot waiver pickup of the day. 

A lot of other waived guys got picked up already. The fact that Kanter is still out there is concerning, I havent even heard a rumor. I think it might be a while. To me it was more important to have a roster i like heading into playoffs rather than roll the dice on Kanter. A bird in the hand, so to speak. 

38 minutes ago, reverb said:

Haven't been able to use this guy for almost a month. I slid from 1st to 2nd in my league in the process. Can a team just pick this dude up already?! He only needs 20 mins to do some damage!

I'm considering dropping him for Zubac at this point since playoffs are around the corner.

Zubac is starting for the clips so maybe it's not such a bad change.

15 minutes ago, cochise316 said:

I dropped too, just to stream the spot with the hot waiver pickup of the day. 

A lot of other waived guys got picked up already. The fact that Kanter is still out there is concerning, I havent even heard a rumor. I think it might be a while. To me it was more important to have a roster i like heading into playoffs rather than roll the dice on Kanter. A bird in the hand, so to speak. 

Yeah for sure. I just have a hard time dropping him since I wasted a draft pick on him. No one knows where he'll end up but I don't want to go against him if someone picks him up for playoffs. Tough.

Looks awfully nice just sitting on my wire waiting to be added. Is Kanter a guarantee to be signed or could this play out where he doesnt??

15 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

Yuck

Helped me win last week, I can stream the spot. Enjoy your zero's 

35 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Looks awfully nice just sitting on my wire waiting to be added. Is Kanter a guarantee to be signed or could this play out where he doesnt??

I think he'll sign sometime in the next 2 weeks. Too much talent for him to go unsigned. Bulls could be a good landing spot, as would the hornets.

2 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

I think he'll sign sometime in the next 2 weeks. Too much talent for him to go unsigned. Bulls could be a good landing spot, as would the hornets.

Does it make sense for him to go for a rebuilding team or a contender ? 

5 hours ago, Gdupm6 said:

Does it make sense for him to go for a rebuilding team or a contender ? 

I can see reasons why either would and wouldn't want to sign him. He's good enough to ruin a taNk but it's also a liability.

IMO, ideal spots (ignoring tank factors) would be Wizards, Bulls, Clippers, Spurs, Lakers, and Hornets. Unfortunately, there hasn't been any smoke on Kanter signing so idk.

I'm less than optimistic he gets big minutes wherever he goes . If someone really needed him to play a major role, he would have been signed by now. 

2 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

I'm less than optimistic he gets big minutes wherever he goes . If someone really needed him to play a major role, he would have been signed by now. 

Jeremy Lin. Waived yesterday, Raps rumors yesterday. Kanter, waived last week, no rumors, no signing. I agree, i think dude talked himself into a league wide time out for a few weeks. 

It's easier for a team to assimilate a player like Lin, who is not great but is ok at everything, than a guy like Kanter, who is among the league's best at some things but had huge holes in his game. 

Lin could play on every team and do about the same job. He audio doesn't have any expectations regarding his playing time. Whether Kanter succeeds or is a huge liability largely depends on scheme and the players around him. It's also likely that he expects to have an important role wherever he goes. I think that's why one was signed his first day of FA and the other is still a FA.