sjm76

Raheem Mostert 2018 Outlook

As a Mostert owner—who actually needs him this week and ROS—I kind of prefer for Breida to play rather than rest up and get 100%.

I doubt there’s anything Mostert can do this week, absent a Todd Gurley-esque performance, to outright steal the job.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, HTM said:

If you’re confident that will happen you can start Mostert without any worries.

I have Breida and Mostert and idk wtf to do at this point. 

Same, true nighmare scenario. Bad enough having 2 RBs on the same team on your team.

But yeah benching Breida and starting Mostert seems like the logical thing to do but FF is not logical

Seems to be mixed feelings, even on the FF Ballers podcast. Some say they'd start him even with Breida coming back, others wouldn't feel comfortable. Breida had like 1 carry and a fumble last week...and subbed himself out. There are high odds that this happens again since he keeps re-aggravating, but it's certainly panning out things go a certain way for Mostert to get a great amount of opportunities.

That said, if Breida plays, I feel very doubtful Mostert gets 12-15 opportunities in this game. What do you all think? Other options are really Godwin / T.Smith, so it's tough to say. 

40 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Seems to be mixed feelings, even on the FF Ballers podcast. Some say they'd start him even with Breida coming back, others wouldn't feel comfortable. Breida had like 1 carry and a fumble last week...and subbed himself out. There are high odds that this happens again since he keeps re-aggravating, but it's certainly panning out things go a certain way for Mostert to get a great amount of opportunities.

That said, if Breida plays, I feel very doubtful Mostert gets 12-15 opportunities in this game. What do you all think? Other options are really Godwin / T.Smith, so it's tough to say. 

Maybe it’s just me but I have a personal feeling that Breida will be deemed inactive (although they would’ve made a roster move by now if that was the case...maybe) and Morris will be the Bellcow and they’ll sprinkle in Mostert as needed.

On 10/25/2018 at 9:02 AM, oresteszero said:

Yeah that's the thing.. I'm not going to bench Conner or Hunt to play him. Haha. I might just bench Drake and hope Breida gets injured (again)

Bench Connor/Hunt, c’mon man. Certain players you NEVER bench.

6 minutes ago, Shortnphat said:

Maybe it’s just me but I have a personal feeling that Breida will be deemed inactive (although they would’ve made a roster move by now if that was the case...maybe) and Morris will be the Bellcow and they’ll sprinkle in Mostert as needed.

Maybe. He's has 9 carries the past two weeks for about 30 yards, so IDK. Morris is trending way down. Mostert is trending way up. Just curious on if Mostert can get his 12-15 touches against the worst run D in the league. Definitely better than starting a Wr3. 

6 minutes ago, Shortnphat said:

Don't think a roster move would have been necessary with Mostert, Morris, and Juicystick. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Maybe. He's has 9 carries the past two weeks for about 30 yards, so IDK. Morris is trending way down. Mostert is trending way up. Just curious on if Mostert can get his 12-15 touches against the worst run D in the league. Definitely better than starting a Wr3. 

That is true....I’m watching the situation closely as well in hopes that Breida rest a game or two to become healthy. They have viable RBs that can carry the load.

32 minutes ago, Shortnphat said:

That's a legitimate concern, but the 9ers are not a good team and already have lost to AZ this season.  I also don't believe Morris's 3 ypc is going to take much pressure off CJ Beathard.  That kind of game plan doesn't seem like good coaching when another player has flashed at a position of concern, but is not utilized more.  I think Breida's health is the biggest concern, but also believe there could be an even split going forward, if and when both are 100%.

Edited by Red Dog

I'm rolling with this guy in my lineup this week. Hopefully with Breida on the wrong side of questionable he gets a rest, but if Breida plays Raheem will probably drop an egg in my lineup.

But the potential of Mostert going off behind one of the best run blocking lines in the league versus the worst run defense in the league is too high for my bum team not to start him.  

Edited by next big thing cp84

2 hours ago, next big thing cp84 said:

I'm rolling with this guy in my lineup this week. Hopefully with Breida on the wrong side of questionable he gets a rest, but if Breida plays Raheem will probably drop an egg in my lineup.

But the potential of Mostert going off behind one of the best run blocking lines in the league versus the worst run defense in the league is too high for my bum team not to start him.  

Even if Breida plays Mostert still likely gets more than 0

Breida playing makes me worry a lot. He'll probably not get hurt this week if I start mostert and bench breida. 

4 minutes ago, fenwaypawk said:

I don’t understand why they’re letting breida play to begin with. Talk about a great matchup getting ruined. 

I'm with ya, but the shanny family loves to play injured players. I might still play mostert and hope he gets enough action to get me 10 points or I could get crazy and play Doug Martin. Hopefully more news comes out before the 3pm games.

Such a juicy matchup.  Even Morris got like 70 yards on AZ last time they played.  I haven't seen this guy play- is he basically a COP/PPR back, or could he get a majority of the workload?  

I'm riding with Mostert because I have no other choice. Schefter saying "The 49ers want to use caution with him with all he has battled" in regards to Breida. 

Brad Evans from Yahoo Sports still says Mostert is his RB17 even with the news of Breida playing. Hopefully the one time he is right is when I need it most ^_^

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jordan23 said:

Such a juicy matchup.  Even Morris got like 70 yards on AZ last time they played.  I haven't seen this guy play- is he basically a COP/PPR back, or could he get a majority of the workload?  

Who knows with shanahan.  They clearly need to sit breida a game and go with mostert. I'm saying that as an owner of both. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philnutz said:

I'm with ya, but the shanny family loves to play injured players. I might still play mostert and hope he gets enough action to get me 10 points or I could get crazy and play Doug Martin. Hopefully more news comes out before the 3pm games.

I’m in the same dilemma, but instead of doug Martin it would be Richard for me.