kane

Lauri Markkanen 2018-2019 Season Outlook

4 hours ago, yeet said:

the hell's a fake hustle vibe

its when u pretend to hustle...but no one knows because it looks like you're actually hustling

it takes tremendous skill to pull off

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

its when u pretend to hustle...but no one knows because it looks like you're actually hustling

it takes tremendous skill to pull off

I get it. I used to work with a guy like that. He ran around 100 mph, amped up from 6 pots of coffee every day, and was into everything, looking like he was doing 12 things at once , yet never actually finished any of them or got anything at all accomplished. The bosses thought he was great. 

• Haha 2

I play ball and I don't know what fake hustle is. It's like why commit to the energy consuming act if you are not going to follow through. Everyone I know that looks to play hard actually tries to play hard. Why would anyone "fake" it? I need more examples.

1 hour ago, aMediumPace said:

I get it. I used to work with a guy like that. He ran around 100 mph, amped up from 6 pots of coffee every day, and was into everything, looking like he was doing 12 things at once , yet never actually finished any of them or got anything at all accomplished. The bosses thought he was great. 

Okay but how can you pull that off when you got millions of people watching you?

49 minutes ago, yeet said:

Okay but how can you pull that off when you got millions of people watching you?

You don’t have to fool millions of people. Just the guy that writes the checks.

• Like 1

Some of ya'll are real Johnny come latelys.

The last two games before last night's dud he put up averages of 19.5 pts, 11 rbs, 2 blk, 2stl, 43%fg, 83%ft

He hasn't even played 10 games yet, and now usage monster Lavine is out of the lineup.  I'll take the small victory of improved fg% from last night and keep expecting a top 50 floor the rest of the way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

I play ball and I don't know what fake hustle is. It's like why commit to the energy consuming act if you are not going to follow through. Everyone I know that looks to play hard actually tries to play hard. Why would anyone "fake" it? I need more examples.

It's the guy always looking to show how "intense" he's playing but it doesn't contribute anything.  Faried is a classic example...flailing and jumping all over the place, but lazy defender, always making bad gambles, unnecessary diving around.  Lance is another example.  The type of coach who would make NBA players drop and give him 20 is exactly the guy who loves that stuff.  

The main point as it pertains to Lauri (and Wendell) is that Portis is a low bball IQ player and I fear Boylan is going to give him far more run and shots than he should.  Lauri got 1(!) shot after the first quarter last night.  I think he'll be fine fantasy-wise, just annoying as a basketball fan to see good young players be totally marginalized by a clown of a coach.

1 minute ago, unclebengi said:

Image result for dance party gif

Woooohoooo

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 6:38 AM, LosingEffort said:

he'll never reach the value we expected this season probably
elbow injury destroyed his season

just curious, what did you expect from him?  Ranked 51st at BBM in standard 9 cat leagues for the season.  Where you expecting top 5 finish?

• Like 1

He really does need to just take 10+ threes a game. With his release point even when he's covered it's essentially an open look. I feel like he's starting to figure out the right balance of inside/outside. I thought he would top out at 19-21 PPG this year, but I could see him pushing a little higher than that. 41% from 3 on high volume in a garbage offense after coming off of an injury is no joke. He might end up an absolute monster. Not a lot of guys can give you close to 20/10 with tons of threes and a couple stocks. Really wish I had held this guy. 

WTF is going on with this guy? #1- he lost a bunch of points in the second quarter and #2- 5 fkn points with Uber 2 min left before the half? Seriously, WTF????

The Bulls' coach is straight trash and needs to be fired. There's tanking and then there's this. He's gonna mess up the young players' progression.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

WTF is going on with this guy? #1- he lost a bunch of points in the second quarter and #2- 5 fkn points with Uber 2 min left before the half? Seriously, WTF????

The Bulls' coach is straight trash and needs to be fired. There's tanking and then there's this. He's gonna mess up the young players' progression.

Last week,coach Jim Boylen suggested that Lauri Markkanen could be dealing with his elbow injury for a while. ”In fairness to him, it’s safe to say that thing isn’t 100 percent yet,” Boylen said on Jan. 10. “It’s gotta stick in his mind. That was a very serious injury, and maybe what people don’t realize is that is a very painful injury.’’

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, MNDOGG said:

Last week,coach Jim Boylen suggested that Lauri Markkanen could be dealing with his elbow injury for a while. ”In fairness to him, it’s safe to say that thing isn’t 100 percent yet,” Boylen said on Jan. 10. “It’s gotta stick in his mind. That was a very serious injury, and maybe what people don’t realize is that is a very painful injury.’’

Wow. What in the world...

How much of it is the elbow and how much of it is the return of Zach Lavine?  

Also how do you get just three rebounds in 31 minutes at that kind of size? Dude is averaging under 5 boards a game over his last 5 games.