kane

Lauri Markkanen 2018-2019 Season Outlook

4 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

How much of it is the elbow and how much of it is the return of Zach Lavine?  

Also how do you get just three rebounds in 31 minutes at that kind of size? Dude is averaging under 5 boards a game over his last 5 games.

Unleashing the inner BroLo

2 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

definitely my regrettable trade of the year so far...

what’s the point of this comment if we don’t even know who u traded lol

1 hour ago, Eltoro said:

How much of it is the elbow and how much of it is the return of Zach Lavine?  

Also how do you get just three rebounds in 31 minutes at that kind of size? Dude is averaging under 5 boards a game over his last 5 games.

My thoughts exactly. Why did he bulk up so much in the off-season if he is gonna be afraid to bang on the boards? I think it's Boylen's schemes.

2 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Top 50 in 9 cat for the season, good enough for me

He is? Huh. Well, shooters gonna slump I guess haha

2 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

what’s the point of this comment if we don’t even know who u traded lol

I was just complaining not asking for an assessment of the trade (believe me I know exactly how poorly its going for me). It's all in my signature though if anyone is curious.

3 hours ago, mightyjett said:

Do u think Lauri will become a shutdown candidate?

why would he? He ain't injured unless I'm missing something? He missed half the season already

As I said before... This is not about slumping, elbow injuries or bad teammates. Lauri has been bad this season. Plain and simple. He did too much with weights trying to get his power and mass up. It backfired. He is visibly slower than he was before. It's not even close. But he can't use his "new found" power in the post either as he doesn't have the required skills to operate there. Yeah, surely better teammates could open up some better looks for him, but in the end he has made his bed himself and now he has to sleep in it. Nothing you can do this season, it's a lost cause. But hopefully he will take notes and make necessary adjustments next summer to become more dynamic and complete player. Now he just dug his own grave clowning around last summer. 

1 hour ago, mbbdogg said:

Trade him away, pick up bobby portis now that WCJ is hurt.

Ummm. No

14 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

I was just complaining not asking for an assessment of the trade (believe me I know exactly how poorly its going for me). It's all in my signature though if anyone is curious.

smh

so who did u trade him for dude? 

54 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Ummm. No

Umm yes lauri is horrible if you can trade him for anyone decent it's a steal. Portis was also reasonable pick up with that 4-6 week injury update. Now that wcj is confirmed just a strain  I wouldn't pick up bobby, but I still recommend getting rid of this guy such a disappointment. You can have fun with him tho. 

Edited by mbbdogg

21 minutes ago, mbbdogg said:

Umm yes lauri is horrible if you can trade him for anyone decent it's a steal. Portis was also reasonable pick up with that 4-6 week injury update. Now that wcj is confirmed just a strain  I wouldn't pick up bobby, but I still recommend getting rid of this guy such a disappointment. You can have fun with him tho. 

Standard 9 cat ranking  according to BBM:

Last month 72

Last 2 week 105  - notable names ranked close (C.J. McCollum 107,  DeAndre Jordan 119, Whiteside 104,  Doncic 91, Oladipo 140

Last week 131   - notable names ranked close (Whiteside 122, Ayton 120, Draymond 136, LaVine 137,  McCollum 149, Oladipo 204)

So, are we going to complain about Oladipo, McCollum etc  and trade them  away?

Just keeping  things in perspective...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He would benefit from playing center and with Parker more often. Parker could draw out the PFs and slower Cs would give Markkanen more room to shoot from a distance or risk him driving him them to the basket.

I don't know why people are pointing out the added mass impacting his shooting stroke.

The Bulls' offensive sets are not similar to what they were doing before.

16 minutes ago, wisegeeks said:

I don't know why people are pointing out the added mass impacting his shooting stroke.

The Bulls' offensive sets are not similar to what they were doing before.

What do the offensive sets have to do with his shooting stroke? Nothing.  It's actually a very valid issue.  If you've ever played sports bulking up takes away some of your natural agility and effects the fine tuning part of your craft/talent. If you bulk up faster than your agility you'll lose accuracy big time. They need to go hand and hand.

Edited by Bugs bunny

7 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

What do the offensive sets have to do with his shooting stroke? Nothing.  It's actually a very valid issue.  If you've ever played sports bulking up takes away some of your natural agility and effects the fine tuning part of your craft/talent. If you bulk up faster than your agility you'll lose accuracy big time. They need to go hand and hand.

You guys acting like Lauri is some teenage dude who just decided to lift weights all summer without playing basketball.

Rule of thumb back in my high school days is that you keep shooting basketball when trying to bulk up mass. 

After basketball practice, you alternate the days between shooting and weight lifting.

I've seen some who actually go for shooting sessions right after lifting weights just to shrug off the tensed muscles.

Now, if you actually really played sports at a high level, you would know that OFFENSIVE SETS mean a lot to shooters.

Klay Thompson, Rip Hamilton, Reggie Miller and Ray Allen became really good off-ball shooters because of specific offensive sets that gets them going.

Lauri Markkanen is no Steph Curry or James Harden who can shoot 3s of the dribble.

He has size, but if you watch closely, most of his 3PM are set shots.

They are not pull up 3PM / not off the dribble 3s / etc.

So yes, offensive sets do matter more.

• Like 2

He did not have great offensive sets last season either. And wont be having for a couple of a seasons forward.

So he better start doing right things for himself and not hope for better looks. They aint coming. Make your own luck son!

Even the starting PG himself hasn't figured out the system yet.

Kris Dunn acknowledged that he's still trying to figure out Jim Boylen's system.

"It’s a new system," Dunn said. "We’re still trying to figure it out. We’re still trying to figure each other out. It’s going to take time. Everybody’s got to bear with us." Dunn has been slumping over the past three games, connecting on just 29.6% of his field goal attempts, and it's not like Boylen's system is putting him in a situation to succeed. He should turn things around at some point, but the slowed-down tempo in Chicago since Boylen took over has been a drag on pretty much everyone.