kane

Lauri Markkanen 2018-2019 Season Outlook

love that the Bulls already gave him the full green light and have tried to limit Lavine's shots.  If he can approach 2 stocks it'll be glorious.  When Dunn gets back he'll get even better looks.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2018 at 5:35 PM, sleepysock said:

Why not? The Bulls are all over the launch threes and threes and threes mentality this season. Justin Holliday is already taking 8 per game. And his are pretty much all open looks that are the result of drive and kicks and broken plays, mostly. Lauri otoh has to do virtually no work to get a three. Plus Boylen wants to play at a faster tempo, which doesn't hurt. 

Anyway there are like 15 players this year taking 8 or more a game. No reason Lauri shouldn't be in that bunch. He's already taken 19 in 58 minutes -- would be 21 but for the shot clock buzzer just barely wiping away two others. A perimeter oriented big man taking 9 threes a game is not a big deal in this iteration of the NBA. 

I'm pretty sure that Boylan actually wants to slow it down a little. But we'll see. He sure got plenty of 3's off in game 1 of the Boylen era

On 12/5/2018 at 3:22 PM, sleepysock said:

He could easily take 9+ threes a game. It's where the NBA is going, and every 3 is essentially an open look for him b/c of his height and release point. If he can shoot around 40% from deep he might be a top 25 player ROS.

9 3PTM inc :ph34r:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

Exits with elbow injury...

😳

Does anyone know why he isn’t anything but PF eligible. I’ve seen on a lot of other sites and rankings that he has SG eligibility. I know they are tough to call but does anyone see an add coming?

I've heard people here say it's based off minutes played at that position. if he's been playing at the 5 then they might add that (which would be great for me).

really nice line again. not gonna lie I wasn't expecting much (even though I drafted him like 6th/7th) but he's been great. any more info on the play that put him out of the game for a bit?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

Does anyone know why he isn’t anything but PF eligible. I’ve seen on a lot of other sites and rankings that he has SG eligibility. I know they are tough to call but does anyone see an add coming?

He’s 7’0 why would he be SG eligibility if anything he should be PF/C

• Like 3

9 hours ago, sleepysock said:

Exits with elbow injury...

EDIT: Was he really out ??? Watched till halftime... 

ywu8n.jpg

Edited by Stefan

Lauri Markkanen banged his right elbow on Friday but soon returned, finishing with 22 points, six rebounds, four 3-pointers, three steals, one assist and one block in 27 minutes.
Markkanen took contact while setting a screen and was checked out by a trainer on the bench. The fact that he returned (and hit a tough game-winning layup) suggests it isn't a huge concern, but he will receive treatment. Disaster avoided. He shot 7-of-11 from the field and 4-of-5 from the line, too, which was nice after his 31.6% shooting in his first two games. Overall, he hasn't shown a ton of rust and it helps that he was rehabbing an upper-body injury, so his conditioning didn't suffer too much. It shouldn't be long before he's cruising as a top-50 player. Dec 7 - 11:12 PM

10 hours ago, JrsKars said:

He’s 7’0 why would he be SG eligibility if anything he should be PF/C

Well guy.. maybe if you actually looked around at some sites instead of listing his height, you would know what I mean. I’m not saying he should be SG eligible either, but I’ve seen it on multiple sites. Same as Doncic currently being SG/PF eligible on ESPN. 

20590B36-1103-4C3B-8B2E-12FB7D57C1D4.jpeg

• Like 1

On 12/8/2018 at 10:49 PM, LarryDavid said:

Well guy.. maybe if you actually looked around at some sites instead of listing his height, you would know what I mean. I’m not saying he should be SG eligible either, but I’ve seen it on multiple sites. Same as Doncic currently being SG/PF eligible on ESPN. 

20590B36-1103-4C3B-8B2E-12FB7D57C1D4.jpeg

This is seriously next level ****tyness from ESPN. Oh my god.

7 minutes ago, TheJotun said:

Thinking of trading Gharris for Markkanen and IT. Is Markk the real deal this year? What’s with his stocks?

I own both and would do this trade in a heartbeat. You‘ll be missing a few STL but 3s, Boards and three added weeks of production make up for it.

Not sure if I‘d want to add IT to my roster though...

Because he bulked up too much and can't do the things he used to do.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Any insights as to why he's dropped off after his hot start? Are the shots not falling, or is he not getting as many opportunities?

Just not shooting well, with the green light he has he could really end up being a FG% drain, but the scoring and 3s will be plentiful when he's hot.  They also just got blown out the last two games which limited his minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1