kane

Lauri Markkanen 2018-2019 Season Outlook

3 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Any insights as to why he's dropped off after his hot start? Are the shots not falling, or is he not getting as many opportunities?

i think there's so much other stuff going on with the Bulls right now, it must be a tough situation to be in with the back-room infighting

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Confirmation coming in for what was seen last summer at the national team. My source told he was bulking up and losing mobility/coordination. Damn shame, but it is what it is.

5 minutes ago, dragonballz said:

Patience i guess...after some more games, well see if this fg% is the norm.

10 game rule for players coming off major injuries or traded to new teams.. I’m sticking to it before I make a decision 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Confirmation coming in for what was seen last summer at the national team. My source told he was bulking up and losing mobility/coordination. Damn shame, but it is what it is.

What kind of source did you have exactly? Someone on the inside or a spectator?

1 hour ago, MNDOGG said:

Brutal...  patience is a virtue right?! 

Only if you want to win in the long run.  Or you could pick some scrub off waivers win now and lose later.

48 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

What kind of source did you have exactly? Someone on the inside or a spectator?

National team players.

he'll shoot 42-45% more or less. With jabari out and probably lopez at some point, he'll see more minutes in C maybe too, so rebounds and blocks will be there along with the 3's. FG% should improve a bit but it's not like y'all didn't expect this. Still rusty though and obvs won't shoot 20% ROS

Needs to drive it to the basket more when the shots aren't falling. I get he's a 7 footer with a nice touch but he can't be a tall Korver. Why did he add so much muscle if he's not gonna be punking fools?

13 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

National team players.

Which national team?  Last time Lauri played for Finland was June 29th vs Czech Republic

4 hours ago, LosingEffort said:

He can't shoot anymore after the broken hand :(

3 hours ago, LosingEffort said:
3 hours ago, mightyjett said:

I thought he injured his elbow?🤔

ok the elbow..... but he's shooting with Wiggins percentages -_-

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhahahahahahah oh Jesus Christ :D 

So funny looooool

Dec 8: 8 pts, 4 rebs (18 minutes)

Dec 10: 13 pts, 6 rebs (29 minutes)

Dec 13: 7 pts, 5 rebs (28 minutes)

Dec 15: 23 pts, 7 rebs (37 minutes)

Dec 17: 16 pts, 15 rebs (28 minutes)

It's tough to trust him day to day because the Bulls are just that bad and he might not get his regular minutes. But for long-term ownership, things couldn't be looking better. Surprised by his increase in steals and blocks, too.

Look for another good game from him tomorrow against Brooklyn, but don't expect many 3s with Brooklyn's above average 3-point defense.

6 minutes ago, mightyjett said:

Is he too gunshy tonight..? Or its just the Nets defense?🤔

I would say more game flow. I started watching from the third and they ran portis out there a lot and he was having success bullying the nets inside. When Mark checked back in he wasn't really looking for his shot and they were feeding Dunn a lot because he was hot. RHJ was on him towards the end and he's the Nets best defender so that might have contributed.

Edited by 2pac

19 minutes ago, 2pac said:

I would say more game flow. I started watching from the third and they ran portis out there a lot and he was having success bullying the nets inside. When Mark checked back in he wasn't really looking for his shot and they were feeding Dunn a lot because he was hot. RHJ was on him towards the end and he's the Nets best defender so that might have contributed.

“Success”...16 points on 18 shots. Portis is one of the most selfish players in the league. Absolute black hole and is delusional about his skill level, but he has that fake hustle vibe so Boylan probably loves him. 

10 minutes ago, srb said:

“Success”...16 points on 18 shots. Portis is one of the most selfish players in the league. Absolute black hole and is delusional about his skill level, but he has that fake hustle vibe so Boylan probably loves him. 

the hell's a fake hustle vibe

• Haha 1