PaddyAustralia

Waiver Wire Season Savers 2018-2019

I thought i would start this post so people can put their predictions of who will be the waiver wire breakouts this year! Last year the likes of Donavan Mitchell, Kris Dunn and towards the end of the year Josh Jackson broke out as immediate waiver wire pickups and helped a lot of fantasy teams to a championship! 

I have 2 PG's in mind that could be fantasy gold on the waiver this year depending on opportunity. D.J Augustin and Frank Ntilikina both have the best chance to be that waiver wire piece that makes your team unstoppable. With very limited competition at the PG spot on each team they should be able to get minutes in the late 20s and produce some nice stats! 

Who else are we thinking?

Mitchell Robinson. Mark my words, this kid is gonna save a lot of seasons and right now he's on most people's wires

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

Mitchell Robinson. Mark my words, this kid is gonna save a lot of seasons and right now he's on most people's wires

I agree with this. I just dunno who to drop on my team: Pau, Dedmon, Nance

5 minutes ago, PAX said:

Probs Pau. Father time has not helped him at all. Id be surprised if he even got minutes in the 20s this season.

6 hours ago, PAX said:

Hurry up and drop Pau

18 hours ago, PaddyAustralia said:

Probs Pau. Father time has not helped him at all. Id be surprised if he even got minutes in the 20s this season.

12 hours ago, ROTY said:

Hurry up and drop Pau

Thanks guys!

Ante Zizic anyone? He hasn't been mentioned around but he's a very skilled and productive player (check his summer league and euro highlights) while Tristan Thompson is overpaid trash stemming from LBJ era, who imo gets showcased early and eventually traded or shutdown (and Nance seems more like a backup energy pf/c who tends to get injured). Guess also the fact that he and Sexton are the only pieces remaining from the Kyrie trade bodes well as the team would love to prove it wasn't that much of a disaster move.

You guys are wasting your time as the real guy will never be mentioned. I'll be laughing all the way to the bank with Alec Peters on my front line.

• Haha 1

Now this does not pertain to most 9 cat standard h2h leagues, but I play in leagues that play with a double/double league. Because of that I look at players that can possibly put double/double stats up. Poelt is on a few waiver wires and I have picked him up everywhere now. I also agree that Mitchell Robinson can do the same. If DJ Augustine is out there, he could be a good source of assist and can be a double/double factor.

16 minutes ago, Crazycanto said:

You guys are wasting your time as the real guy will never be mentioned. I'll be laughing all the way to the bank with Alec Peters on my front line.

And why is this? 

33 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

Now this does not pertain to most 9 cat standard h2h leagues, but I play in leagues that play with a double/double league. Because of that I look at players that can possibly put double/double stats up. Poelt is on a few waiver wires and I have picked him up everywhere now. I also agree that Mitchell Robinson can do the same. If DJ Augustine is out there, he could be a good source of assist and can be a double/double factor.

I love Poeltl! Him under Pop should make him shine this year, and i see him being unleashed half way through the year when Pop realises Pau is dead weight in the starting lineup. I see him averaging 8 points on very elite FG% and 8 rebounds with 1.5 blocks in 24 mins come end of the year. Should be an exciting player to track.

Rodney McGruder anyone? Putting together a solid preseason.

Edited by Pendles
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, scienze said:

domantas sabonis 

3 hours ago, Pendles said:

I love both of these guys! However they have the same concern with me and thats others outplaying them. With sabonis, the Pacers are 100% committed to making Turner the player he should become so that will affect Sabonis' minutes, and TJ Leaf has all of a sudden become a player on the radar so that doesn't bode well for Sabonis. If he can add a consistent 3pt shot, he shoud become the starter in no time over Young.
Same with McGruder. Richardson is their future at the heat, and they even have declined trades for Jimmy Butler to make sure they hold onto Richardson. He will most certainly be getting 30 mins a game and where do the other minutes go ti this season? I believe Wade as it is his farewell season. McGruder would be a very nice pick on a team that had little depth at SG but Miami are just not that team.

Ian Mahimni is the only Center currently upright in Washington. Howard will at least miss the first week and may need surgery for his back. Thomas Bryant hyperextended his knee and sprained his ankle and was carried off the court last night. 

Mahinmi is a career journeyman but looks spry and gets stocks. He may play 30 minutes a night. 

You heard it here first. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Ian Mahimni is the only Center currently upright in Washington. Howard will at least miss the first week and may need surgery for his back. Thomas Bryant hyperextended his knee and sprained his ankle and was carried off the court last night. 

Mahinmi is a career journeyman but looks spry and gets stocks. He may play 30 minutes a night. 

You heard it here first. 

What are your projections on his value without Dwight? Top 100? 

24 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

You heard it here first. 

I doubt he will play 30 mins a night,wizard will play a lot small ball and they will use Markieff Morris as their small ball center

• Like 2

Damian Jones, even in limited minutes playing center with the warriors all-stars as the seeming starting center will put up traditional big man stats fg/rbs/blks with potential for sneaky assists and good enough ft%

2 hours ago, kane said:

I doubt he will play 30 mins a night,wizard will play a lot small ball and they will use Markieff Morris as their small ball center

Markieff Morris managed to have abdominal pains this week. He had abdominal surgery last year. 

Just saying.

The stars are lining up to create the perfect storm that is Ian Mahinmi.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Pendles said:

He can play 40 minutes and still won't carve out fantasy numbers. Pretty good real life player, not so much for fantasy.

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander.

^ Remember that name in a couple months ( if it even takes that long ). Mark him on your watch-list.

Edited by Trench Mob

11 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

WIlly Hernangomez. Id be shocked if he isnt the starter on opening night. 

Well, he won't.

• Haha 2