PaddyAustralia

Waiver Wire Season Savers 2018-2019

6 hours ago, FantasyEmpire said:

Dillion Brooks.

Evans is out of Memphis and he ended with a monster game last season.

But Kyle Anderson and Garrett Temple are in?

15 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

Well playoff schedule is subjective to what league your in. My league playoffs start week 20, so the Kings dont have that good a playoff schedule. But, I agree that i dont understand why that would be a blackball team for anybody. Someone like Fox i'd absolutely draft. This year they don't own their draft pick, so there won't be any slick tanking in the form of starting washed up vets over their young promising guys

Good playoff schedule with the standard playoff start (My Yahoo league starts at week 22). 

4 hours ago, GmGodine said:

I think Anderson will play sf more than sg, and Temple is aging, brooks should have a clear path to big minutes, if Marshon Brooks doesn't blow up that is

13 hours ago, GmGodine said:

this is an interesting one on brooks. 

i don't understand how people think playing with better players around him is automatically a negative. 

you could just as easily spin it that dillon brooks will get more open looks with conley healthy. 

2 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

What kind of stats do you see him getting?

14 pts, 3.5 rebounds, 3 assists & 2 3's per game

Just now, EmbiidGOAT said:

14 pts, 3.5 rebounds, 3 assists & 2 3's per game

Yeah nice! For some reason though i think he will be a bit inconsistent and will sometimes get you 3,1,1 lines with very poor shooting, Kinda seems to be the Detroit way haha

Just now, PaddyAustralia said:

Yeah nice! For some reason though i think he will be a bit inconsistent and will sometimes get you 3,1,1 lines with very poor shooting, Kinda seems to be the Detroit way haha

Bonus with him is the chip on his shoulder from being drafted 1 before Donovan, his jump shot is damn near perfect

1 hour ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

Bonus with him is the chip on his shoulder from being drafted 1 before Donovan, his jump shot is damn near perfect

casey is super stubborn and seems to want to play StanJo and Bullock bigs mins... Kennard/GRobIII not getting much run

10 hours ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

A lot of 2nd year players have a chip on their shoulder then haha!

Potentially Thaddeus Young could have been undrafted, he looking to start now. They aren't doing Domantas Sabonis and Myles Turner starting.

5 hours ago, PaddyAustralia said:

Also does anyone see Javale McGee doing any well in the 20ish minutes he will most likely recieve? He has been popping off in pre season.

Wondering the same thing. Just got Ayton in a trade so I have him coupled with Gobert and now debating whether or not to just drop JaVale. Seems like he might be a headache but what are yalls thoughts on McGees season?

3 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

Wondering the same thing. Just got Ayton in a trade so I have him coupled with Gobert and now debating whether or not to just drop JaVale. Seems like he might be a headache but what are yalls thoughts on McGees season?

Hold on to JaVale for now.  He's the only legit C for the Lakers this season (until they make a trade mid-season).  Zubac is irrelevant and it's more Kuzma that backs him up as a small-ball C. 

Edited by gill2k
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

39 minutes ago, gill2k said:

Hold on to JaVale for now.  He's the only legit C for the Lakers this season (until they make a trade mid-season).  Zubac is irrelevant and it's more Kuzma that backs him up as a small-ball C. 

What kind of stats do you see him getting? Something like 10, 6 with 1.4 blocks amd 60ish fg%?

1 hour ago, DoctorLove said:

What do you guys see Fultz doing? He’s on the wire in my league. 

I think he has enough hype to warrant a stash for a week or two to see how he plays out.  I would pick him up if he were on my waiver wire.  

Rodney hood? Anyone? Only own 25% in yahoo, if he stays healthy, he can definitely put up 18ppg being second option behind Love. People forget that hood was pretty good with the Jazz before coming to Cleveland and being put in a catch and shoot position isn’t his game. He’s gonna have plenty of opportunity being the go to option in Cleveland.

22 minutes ago, Kriggly said:

I think he has enough hype to warrant a stash for a week or two to see how he plays out.  I would pick him up if he were on my waiver wire.  

Does Fultz project for a lot of dimes?

3 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Does Fultz project for a lot of dimes?

I doubt it.  SImmons is going to run their offense.  To clarify, he averaged 5.7 assists in 35.7 minutes a game in college, and didn't have someone like Ben Simmons getting 10 assists a game next to him.  

Edited by Kriggly
Explanation
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Tyboogie said:

Rodney hood? Anyone? Only own 25% in yahoo, if he stays healthy, he can definitely put up 18ppg being second option behind Love. People forget that hood was pretty good with the Jazz before coming to Cleveland and being put in a catch and shoot position isn’t his game. He’s gonna have plenty of opportunity being the go to option in Cleveland.

Only thing im worried about is his consistency, if he can shoot 44+ FG% and keep his ft% above 80 then he could be a lethal option to pick up.

2 minutes ago, Kriggly said:

I doubt it.  SImmons is going to run their offense.  

No 3s and minimal dimes on subpar shooting. I want to get hyped about him but he doesn’t really fit my squad. His steal/block potential from the SG position is enticing. 

19 minutes ago, Tyboogie said:

If you need points and 3s definitely.  He was at .8 stl, 2.8 rebounds, and 1.7 assists in Utah with around 28 minutes a game last year, so I'm imagining his contributions there will be equally negligible.