PaddyAustralia

Waiver Wire Season Savers 2018-2019

23 minutes ago, Kippet said:

Last year whenever any1 had a basic question (who to pick up, etc), they were turned to the AC. Whatever happened to that? I see basic questions dominating threads now.

The forum police are more focused on football right now, they'll migrate over here soon and lay down the law :lol:

• Haha 4

I thought creating this thread in here was okay because i wasn't asking for help on who i should pick up, rather having people discuss who could have value off the waivers. I can't help if people ask for help in Fantasy Basketball Talk threads and not the AC thread :(

Edited by PaddyAustralia

9 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

I thought creating this thread in here was okay because i wasn't asking for help on who i should pick up, rather having people discuss who could have value off the waivers. I can't help if people ask for help in Fantasy Basketball Talk threads and not the AC thread :(

No worries mate. To me, discussing opinions on whos worth adding / dropping for who, IS fantasy basketball talk ?

• Like 2

I just wish the AC forum had as much activity as this one.  Then people (including myself) wouldn't be  tempted to post add/drop/trade questions here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kriggly said:

Well this is a thread specifically discussing waiver wire acquisitions, so it would make sense to ponder what someone on the WW's value is relative to possible drop candidates and share with the group.  However, I do agree that keeping those questions out of individual players' pages is desirable.  

Agreed with your sentiment 100%.

Just to be clear Paddy, Im not targeting this thread. All of these questions in one thread is 10x better than them popping up in player threads.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kippet said:

Agreed with your sentiment 100%.

Just to be clear Paddy, Im not targeting this thread. All of these questions in one thread is 10x better than them popping up in player threads.

Yeah thanks mate! I mean i think my intentions where right it just ended up becoming something that might need to be in AC next time, hopefully this can stay here though cause i think there is some meaningful and useful fantasy talk regarding the waiver wire type players :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

If you had to choose would you go Cedi or Monk? 

Depends on the stats you need.  I would rather have Cedi personally, but he was picked up before the season started in my league so I have Monk.  

Best pick ups based off of tonight's performances?

So far the ones I think will have a consistent role going forward are:

Trey Burke, WCS, Rudy Gay, and Cedi Osman 

Long shot: SGA since pat bev did so badly tonight

Edited by Kobewankenobi
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kobewankenobi said:

Best pick ups based off of tonight's performances?

So far the ones I think will have a consistent role going forward are:

Trey Burke, WCS, and Rudy Gay

Long shot: SGA since pat bev did so badly tonight

definitely osman and monk

7 minutes ago, panthers93 said:

definitely osman and monk

i feel like coach will play the hot hand between lamb and monk rest of season? 

I agree with you on Osman though. He looked awesome and I don't think he's gonna be competing for minutes with anyone 

Edited by Kobewankenobi

1 minute ago, Kobewankenobi said:

i feel like coach will play the hot hand between lamb and monk rest of season? 

it's possible. thought it was a matter of time before monk passed him up for minutes, i think the timeline has been expedited, and i think monk is better. we'll see. rather take a chance on younger guys too. 

7 minutes ago, Kobewankenobi said:

elfrid payton perhaps?

Yup 

1 hour ago, Asapjoshy said:

Trey Burke ??

Absolutely! I'm giving him a look and we'll see how it pans out in the next few weeks (waiver wire gem or fodder).

PJ TUCKER ladies and gentlemen.

No reason why he doesn't get huge minutes all season and basically will be one of the better 3 and D guys.

20 minutes ago, 12345game10 said:

tucker or boban

Different statistic production.... but Tucker is here to stay imo. Tucker is a descent 3andD guy (stls/3s) and probably will get multiple position eligibility. The fact that Boban is a per min monster doesnt help you in fantasy. He will play 15 mins in some games and 0 in others because his role is match up based. 

• Like 3

H2H, 9 cat. On my team I have Brook Lopez and Thaddeus young. Would you drop either or both for levert or Osman?