chimera

John Wall 2018-2019 Season Outlook

What do we expect of him going forward? Will he pick it up?

I’m a fan of him for sure but I definitely thought he and the Wizards would be better.

Wall is who we thought he was.  Elite assists, steals, and out of position blocks.  Decent pts and 3s.  Hard punt in turnovers and a liability in FTs.

The turmoil around the team makes it seem like he’s having a worse season than reality.  His averages are in line with his career numbers.  Assists slightly down but pts are slightly up.

Not sure what folks are expecting.  My only complaint is the FT%.  For two years folks have been saying “don’t worry, he’s 80% career.”  Well he’s now down in the 60s after being in low 70s last year.  Atrocious for a PG who shoots the volume he does.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, VaTerp said:

Wall is who we thought he was.  Elite assists, steals, and out of position blocks.  Decent pts and 3s.  Hard punt in turnovers and a liability in FTs.

The turmoil around the team makes it seem like he’s having a worse season than reality.  His averages are in line with his career numbers.  Assists slightly down but pts are slightly up.

Not sure what folks are expecting.  My only complaint is the FT%.  For two years folks have been saying “don’t worry, he’s 80% career.”  Well he’s now down in the 60s after being in low 70s last year.  Atrocious for a PG who shoots the volume he does.

Exactly. I don't understand the narrative that he's having a bad year or slowing down.  He's been exactly the same except for free throw shooting.

• Like 1

Punting FT% on my team so haven't really felt like he's underperformed. Rankings looks terrible due to %s but they shouldn't be a surprise outside of lower FT%. Points , assists, and stocks are still pretty strong which is what you drafted him for.

2 hours ago, VaTerp said:

Yeah I drafted him expecting him not to hit ADP. Feel like I lose less getting Wall early than getting stuck starting Sexton because I didn't draft PGs early enough. He was my 2nd pick. Working out great so far. 

1 hour ago, backyardballer said:

Punting FT% on my team so haven't really felt like he's underperformed. Rankings looks terrible due to %s but they shouldn't be a surprise outside of lower FT%. Points , assists, and stocks are still pretty strong which is what you drafted him for.

I'm punting ft% too. wall, bledsoe, drummond, DJ.  Totally dominating the counting stats, and i'm in 1st place with wall as my second pick

42 minutes ago, negrotiator said:

I'm punting ft% too. wall, bledsoe, drummond, DJ.  Totally dominating the counting stats, and i'm in 1st place with wall as my second pick

Hah I also have all those guys except for SJ.  First in my league as well

21 minutes ago, hoopnking24 said:

WTF! Players usually play well after a death or birth. Should've known he'd still s--- the bed.

Kinda morbid but ok

Apparently he had some illness, probably shouldn’t have played

• Like 3

The loss snapped the Wizards’ three-game winning streak and dropped them to 11-15. However, the Wizards have a more pressing concern: just how much the left heel bone spur will limit their all-star point guard?

“Some days it’s great. Some days it’s bad. It come and go. You know what I mean, you just got to monitor when it’s good and when it’s bad, don’t try to force the issue and play with that one because it’s kind of hard. You can’t run,” Wall said. “Today it just got real hot. It didn’t get no better.”

56 minutes ago, pedros2507 said:

out of nowhere... a lingering left heel injury

f---

I just acquired him, get well Wall!!! I wonder if the other owner knew.

Did Wall have bone spurs last year too? Is this going to be a nagging injury that’s cause for concern?

5 hours ago, jmoney23 said:

Did Wall have bone spurs last year too? Is this going to be a nagging injury that’s cause for concern?

nope and probably not, he may need to sit a few games to let the heel settle down, and that's It

• Thanks 1