DidiFan

Elfrid Payton 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I thinking Payton is one of those guys that most people will want on their squad by the end of the season.  The upside is real, and the trade rumors are...well, they're real too, which I think would bode well for Elf's ROS outlook.  My only issue is his poopy 3-3-3 playoff schedule.

8 hours ago, Nica4two said:

I thinking Payton is one of those guys that most people will want on their squad by the end of the season.  The upside is real, and the trade rumors are...well, they're real too, which I think would bode well for Elf's ROS outlook.  My only issue is his poopy 3-3-3 playoff schedule.

I think so too , hes shown some flashes of high upside. Those pair of 12 assist games he had, one with AD and the most recent without. A post-ASB hot streak is very much possible from the Elf.

13 hours ago, ghostofathousand_ said:

Wow I drop this dude...and now jrue and ad have a coming out party for each other...and now packing their bags lol 🤷🏻‍♂️

doubt they'd give in to AD's demands and ship him to LA, best bet is them waiting till the offseason and having a bidding war with Boston regardless of what he wants...

I don't see him having value. He is still in my roster as there is nothing better on waiver for PG and I need point guards desperately. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

I don't see him having value. He is still in my roster as there is nothing better on waiver for PG and I need point guards desperately. 

Same

2 hours ago, Kobe824 said:

doubt they'd give in to AD's demands and ship him to LA, best bet is them waiting till the offseason and having a bidding war with Boston regardless of what he wants...

I would have to agree with you. As a die hard LAKER fan, getting AD this season would be difficult. Lol, no one even wanted elfrid...he cleared waivers in my league when I dropped him...sad. 

6 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

i have nice centers on waivers, but my team has maximum centers ahaha

8 hours ago, Kobe824 said:

Hard to say no if you can have Kuzma, Ball, Ingram, Hart and Zubac with a 1st rounder. Got to think the Lakers would put that on the table and the pelicans need to realize that at any point if Davis mentions he will only sign with 'insert team' his price immediately drops. No way Boston will give Tatum without AD signing a new deal/extension. Boston's offer doesn't look that good without Tatum. Kuzma/Ingram become 2 of your main pieces, Josh Hart is exciting and Lonzo can be flipped for another pick or another young player that you want. Plus Zubac looks good and the lakers pick might not be crazy low (could be in the 20-22 range as opposed to 28-30).

I have Payton in 2 leagues and holding him in both - the injury def messed him up. He was putting up like 16-7-7 before missing 6+ weeks. With the injuries and such lately it's been a rough January for him and I think it's still getting his legs back in under him and the pels being really short with options (AD, Mirotic and Randle all out). Say what you want but it gets tough on a pass first PG when 3 of your best options are out of the lineup. 

1 hour ago, corey_rideout said:

Hard to say no if you can have Kuzma, Ball, Ingram, Hart and Zubac with a 1st rounder. Got to think the Lakers would put that on the table and the pelicans need to realize that at any point if Davis mentions he will only sign with 'insert team' his price immediately drops. No way Boston will give Tatum without AD signing a new deal/extension. Boston's offer doesn't look that good without Tatum. Kuzma/Ingram become 2 of your main pieces, Josh Hart is exciting and Lonzo can be flipped for another pick or another young player that you want. Plus Zubac looks good and the lakers pick might not be crazy low (could be in the 20-22 range as opposed to 28-30).

I have Payton in 2 leagues and holding him in both - the injury def messed him up. He was putting up like 16-7-7 before missing 6+ weeks. With the injuries and such lately it's been a rough January for him and I think it's still getting his legs back in under him and the pels being really short with options (AD, Mirotic and Randle all out). Say what you want but it gets tough on a pass first PG when 3 of your best options are out of the lineup. 

In no universe are the Lakers offerring Kuz Ball Ingram Hart Zubac and a 1st, that's crazy talk

3 hours ago, stay_woke said:

In no universe are the Lakers offerring Kuz Ball Ingram Hart Zubac and a 1st, that's crazy talk

Yup agreed, either Zo or Kuz would be excluded. Prolly Kuzma , since this trade is a win now move. And they have Rondo to

run the point, and Lebron can obviously run point forward when necessary.  In other news Elfrid Payton is Out today, ankle sprain :rolleyes:

41 minutes ago, Boomdizzle88 said:

Geez so tempted to dump the Elf for guys like Cedi and Shabazz. I’ve held on to him for so long though 

I'd actually jump the gun for Cedi. He seems to finally put it together.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Yup agreed, either Zo or Kuz would be excluded. Prolly Kuzma , since this trade is a win now move. And they have Rondo to

run the point, and Lebron can obviously run point forward when necessary.  In other news Elfrid Payton is Out today, ankle sprain :rolleyes:

Why would the Pelicans want Zo?  He is a headache with limitations in his game.  he thinks he is better than he is.  They already have Holiday and Payton at PG.  If I am Pelicans I tell Lakers Kuzma has to be in the deal  The guys you list are all guys the Lakers want to package, what about who does Pelicans want?  The Pelicans definitely don't have to trade Davis now.  I'd wait til the off season and see what Celtics and other teams want.  Davis is a game changer.  He is not just a piece.  Hold off.  

If magic learned his lesson from missing out on PG, he'll give any one or everyone for AD. That includes kuz and lonzo in any package. Lakers could probably come away keeping hart. As a laker fan, i hate that we got lebron, but if we get AD, that is someone i can definitely root for.

Had to let him go. Never been this patient with anyone. Didn't pay out in the end. Oh well, maybe Jabari will get traded...

What do we think Payton's ROS outlook is like? Assuming he can get healthy, do NOLA have any incentive to play him given he's a free agent this summer when they could be developing Frank Jackson?