Sign in to follow this  
JP_Grizzly

Willy Hernangomez 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I picked him up in my 14 teamer. Biyombo should not be a threat and Zeller is injury prone. Let's just home this performance will transcend to the regular season.

Watched the game today. And doesn't look like he'll crack the starting lineup. Zeller looks a great fit with the starters.

Although when he came in he played against some lesser knowns and absolutely dominated. In my opinion, the best case scenario is that Zeller stays healthy and Hernangomez is the first option for the second unit racking up sneaky double-doubles and some blocks in limited game time.

I'm hoping Zeller gets taken over the second half.  However most likely Hernangomez will work into a full on time share destroying both player's fantasy values (which zeller didnt' have much of anyway).  Next year though, I think he will be good.  

36 minutes ago, Mikhov said:

Spanish Kanter

NYK decided to keep Kanter over him though :unsure:

• Like 1

I'd say 20 to 24 minutes is his best case this season. I'll probably take the under though ( 18 to 20 minutes per night ). That should still be enough for top 100-125 value.

Zeller is just much better contributing to winning basketball than Willy is, but it's a high chance Zeller gets hurt during the season.

And he's a much better Roto big than H2H.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rob0403 said:

NYK decided to keep Kanter over him though :unsure:

Well, he requested a trade

he always puts up numbers when he plays, but he sucks on d and he's soft as can be. i doubt he'll get run if hornets want to win early in the season. 

• Like 1

Now I see why he puts up numbers in limited minutes. Dude is a blackhole on offense. If he gets the ball it's going up. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Is he going to start tonight? The coach was saying something about mixing up the starting lineup

No. 

Borrego going extra small with MKG on the center and it's working for them, I don't think we'll see Free Willy anytime soon. He is a drop for me even in my 16-team league if any hot player emerges - like his teammate Miles Brigdes.

1 hour ago, travelingpiano said:

managed to string a couple of decent games together, though his usage is still <20min/game...worth a look?

Getting close to making an add here. Zeller is due for his annual injury, then what? It’s slick Willy ROS

gut feel he has a big game tomorrow.... doubt they'll run small ball against drummond/griffin. speculative add for now though

He seems to have earn a consistent role on Hornets' rotation. I had to drop him to get Q. Cook because he only pays once next week. 

5 hours ago, Manos A said:

He seems to have earn a consistent role on Hornets' rotation. I had to drop him to get Q. Cook because he only pays once next week. 

I believe they play 2 games next week. This is a dilemma that is different for each format and team position. Wily has the ability to carve out a role season long. Quinn is an injury fill in. People need to apply their league settings to figure out their strategy. 

I think the hornets and Zeller are sort of nearing that crossroads. They are middle of the pack with him. Almost better to make a change and better or worse they are better off IMO. lottery is better than one and done as an 8 seed. Breaking into the upper tier of the second group of playoff seeding is better than 7/8 seed. The only worry is the coach has said he wants to close with Tony and kemba and another guard I am forgetting so he is leaning small ball. 

7 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Ankle issues? Why do I get the feeling the Hornets might be including Willy in a deal for Beal? I’m sure I’m wrong but that was my gut feeling. 

He seemed fine on Monday.. smells like something is cooking.

How do you guys feel about him on the Wiz?

5 minutes ago, Big_Man said:

He seemed fine on Monday.. smells like something is cooking.

How do you guys feel about him on the Wiz?

might be good for him since Wiz have no proper backup for Howard

Morris is too small, Bryant is too raw, and Mahinmi just sucks

He could be devastating. This trade scenario is realistic. While Dwight is just a 1 year deal and has a painful a** broken. Wash could see him as a future center. I think a package with Monk, Bridges and a pick can do it.