Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

10/3 - GAME DAY THREAD

Recommended Posts

One game, winner take all, at Yankee Stadium. Ace Luis Severino for NY. A's arms are rested. Oakland: let's start Liam f***ing Hendriks.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrBrown said:

The stadiums gonna be rockin tonight!!!!

LETS GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!

Sevy is going to be amped and will probably pitch a gem. Hendricks has no business starting this game. The Yanks are going to pound him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Billy Beane bag revenge game at the house that Matsui built. It's been 17 years brewing since the Flip play.....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as i hate the Yanks, I really want to see a NY-Boston series

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Sevy is going to be amped and will probably pitch a gem. Hendricks has no business starting this game. The Yanks are going to pound him. 

Certainly an unexpected decision but he had a great September and they're just viewing it as a bullpen game.  He'll likely get just 1 inning and then maybe they'll get Fiers. Hendriks served in that role a bunch of times in September.


I hope he doesn't even get an inning thogh. If he's knocked out of the first inning that'll be great.  Definitely looking for Severino to step up tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

As much as i hate the Yanks, I really want to see a NY-Boston series

Yes Yankees/Red Sox in the ALDS would  be a lot of fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the Yankees lineup.

 

1-3 Cutch, Judge, Hicks (all very high OBP guys, all with pop)

4 Stanton (ton of pop, big RBI producer)(not trying to sugarcoat it, he had a lot of K's, but he's a big threat)

5 Luke Voit (it'd probably be a bit much for me to call him Babe Voit but he's put up Ruth numbers since joining the Yankees.  Nothing more to say)

6 Didi (.299/.372/.572 at home this season. I love this guy.  Any situation I love to see him up)

7 Andujar (one of the Yankees best hitters this year.  Doubles machine, lots of pop. Very tough out.  Biggest game of the young rookies career)

8 Sanchez (I haven't been happy with him, but he is still a feared hitter with a ton of pop. Very capable)

9 Torres (Biggest game of the rookies career.  Excellent hitter.  I hate to see him hitting 9th but still I get it)

 

A's lineup is very dangerous as well.  Severino and the Yanks pitching staff will need to be on point tonight, no lead will be safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have a strategy question. I thought about this last year when the Dodgers were facing game 7 of the WS last year and decided to start Darvish. The A's have decided to make this a bullpen game and are starting Hendricks and then some combination to be determined after that. If they have more faith in their bullpen than any of their starting pitchers, then why not start your best relief pitcher and let him go as long as he can before then bringing out your 2nd best pitcher and so on. What's the point of saving your elite reliever in Treinen for the 8th and 9th innings when the game might already be over by then? Why not let him start and let him get you as many outs as he can. After that, bring in your 2nd best pitcher and do the same. I'm not too familiar with exactly how the rest of their bullpen stacks up but I'm pretty sure Hendricks isn't one of the 4 or 5 best pitchers on their team, so why risk starting the game 3-0 or worse? Starting Treinen gets you 6-9 outs and a very good chance of getting to the 3rd or 4th inning tied or in the lead. This is a do or die situation so you might as well pull out all the stops.

Getting back to the Dodgers as an example, I would've started Kenley instead of Darvish and let him get 6-9 outs. After that, I would've brought in Kershaw who would've been pitching on short rest and seen how many innings he could give me. As it happened, the Dodgers started out down 5-0 after the 2nd and the game was pretty much over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, meh2 said:

So I have a strategy question. I thought about this last year when the Dodgers were facing game 7 of the WS last year and decided to start Darvish. The A's have decided to make this a bullpen game and are starting Hendricks and then some combination to be determined after that. If they have more faith in their bullpen than any of their starting pitchers, then why not start your best relief pitcher and let him go as long as he can before then bringing out your 2nd best pitcher and so on. What's the point of saving your elite reliever in Treinen for the 8th and 9th innings when the game might already be over by then? Why not let him start and let him get you as many outs as he can. After that, bring in your 2nd best pitcher and do the same. I'm not too familiar with exactly how the rest of their bullpen stacks up but I'm pretty sure Hendricks isn't one of the 4 or 5 best pitchers on their team, so why risk starting the game 3-0 or worse? Starting Treinen gets you 6-9 outs and a very good chance of getting to the 3rd or 4th inning tied or in the lead. This is a do or die situation so you might as well pull out all the stops.

Getting back to the Dodgers as an example, I would've started Kenley instead of Darvish and let him get 6-9 outs. After that, I would've brought in Kershaw who would've been pitching on short rest and seen how many innings he could give me. As it happened, the Dodgers started out down 5-0 after the 2nd and the game was pretty much over.

Lot of pitchers struggle in the first inning, some struggle closing games.  They'll likely bring in Treinen when they feel its the most high pressure situation in the game, which wouldn't be the start of the 3rd inning.  Hendricks was pretty much groomed for this as he was opener in 7 games since Sept. 4th giving up 0 ER in 11 1/3 IP.  He's done great in September, but I will say none of that was done in this atmosphere or gainst the lineup.  He faced mostly non-playoff teams, he did face the Yankees but when they were without Judge.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Corey In Da House said:

I'm sure the A's dont even mind being at Yankee Stadium. They are going to mash Sevy tonight.

Sure...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Sure...

 

This Oakland team is better than my Twins team was last year when we had to face the Yankees in Yankee Stadium. I cannot say the same about your 2018 Yankees compared to the 2017 Yankees at this time. Your bullpen was WAY more clutch and you actually had a respectable Staff (in 2017).

Edited by Corey In Da House

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Corey In Da House said:

 

This Oakland team is better than my Twins team was last year when we had to face the Yankees in Yankee Stadium. I cannot say the same about your 2018 Yankees compared to the 2017 Yankees at this time. Your bullpen was WAY more clutch and you actually had a respectable Staff (in 2017).

If only last years Wild Card game meant anything tonight... The offense is every bit as good as last years, if not better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Love the Yankees lineup.

7 Andujar (one of the Yankees best hitters this year.  Doubles machine, lots of pop. Very tough out.  Biggest game of the young rookies career)

 

I will never forget what you use to write on this kid

 

let’s Go Yankees ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

I will never forget what you use to write on this kid

 

let’s Go Yankees ... 

Forever in your mind.. that's awesome.

 

LETS GO YANKEES!!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great start for Severino! 2 K's and a weekly hit groundout. Lets get some early runs!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There it is!!!! I saw it coming once he came up to bat.  Judge is the King of NY!!!!!!

 

2-0 Yankees after Judge 2-run blast! LETS GO YANKEES!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.