Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Demarcus Cousins 2018-2019 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He isnt limping, he is dragging his feet. Assuming this just helps with conditioning without having to put too much pressure on the Achilles. They wouldnt be ramping up his work and allowing him to pr

Thanks for sharing. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

But imagine if you're middle of the pack in January and you get to add Boogie for ROS?

That is exactly where your team will be if you draft Boogie before 4th (at the earliest).

 

In any (semi) competitive keeper/dynasty league he should not be available

Link to post
Share on other sites

My fear with drafting him in the upcoming season is not lack of production but how long I'll have to wait. With the way this season went I feel like I'm guaranteed to have some other injury on my team during that time frame and will have a tough decision to make when that happens. If you have 2 IRs I would have no fears taking him early though.

 

No IR = Let someone else deal with it

1 IR = 3rd, 4th, 5th round 

2 IR = 2nd, 3rd round

 

I have every bit of confidence that he will return and do boogie like things of 20/10/3.5 but possibly with a drop off in defense. Boogie just strikes me as the type who would take it easy on the defensive end after dealing with such a bad injury. I have no statistics or articles to back that just a personal opinion.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

But imagine if you're middle of the pack in January and you get to add Boogie for ROS?

 

He's probably not going to play back-to-backs and will be on minutes restriction. That's if he's playing for a playoff team that needs him. If he's on a tanking team, then there's a chance they might sit him out longer if not ROS.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...
On 5/21/2018 at 10:12 AM, TheOneAboveAll said:

 

He's probably not going to play back-to-backs and will be on minutes restriction. That's if he's playing for a playoff team that needs him. If he's on a tanking team, then there's a chance they might sit him out longer if not ROS.

It all depends on the contract he signs. If a team maxes him out on years and salary they will try to protect the investment. If Boogie does a one year deal then he isn't going to baby things. 

 

The Brand comps don't really connect with me. Brand was undersized and had really long arms. He needed every bit of athleticism he had to get his 20/10. When Brand lost athleticism he just didn't have the body type to compensate. Brand was never capable of bully-ball like Boogie.

 

Boogie is a massive human being that has skills and isn't a high flyer. He will still have his skills, but he might not be able to dribble drive as much. But, he should still be able to post up and do work since he is enormous. His ability to space to 3 should continue to open lanes for him to drive. There is going to be a dropoff. Boogie doesn't have incredible percentages so those extra points and rebounds that make him elite at 25/13 make a big difference. Roughly, I would put his per game value around where Embiid was this year. Obviously, that isn't really accurate on 3's and blocks, but it is pretty close. If you agree with that comp +/- half a round of value, that puts Boogie in the 25-40 range on a per game basis (8 cat). Then you factor in games missed and you are probably seeing that value dip 1-3 rounds based on format and actual timeline for return. It is way to early to project this right now without updated info, but my take right now is Boogie in the 4-7 round range. 

 

One other really important thing to remember is that the Pelicans destroyed Boogie with minutes and those are going to dip next season. He played 36.2 mpg, most of any center. Next center was KAT at 35.6 mpg, then Drummond at 33.7. Lebron led the NBA with 36.9 mpg.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, this definitely knocks him down a bit in the rankings. The NBA was moderately fun for about 3 days. Now it is just stupid again. The Warriors can withstand 2 significant injuries and still be fine. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure if this is a good move for the warriors, I felt like they would have been better off with a C who doesn't need the ball to be effective and just do the dirty work. But if Boogie will buy into the system they have, this is gonna be scary. All 5 players can pass & shoot with ease. Any given player can explode for 40. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, sya said:

I am not sure if this is a good move for the warriors, I felt like they would have been better off with a C who doesn't need the ball to be effective and just do the dirty work. But if Boogie will buy into the system they have, this is gonna be scary. All 5 players can pass & shoot with ease. Any given player can explode for 40. 

I think the culture is so strong and proven that Boogie either conforms, which I think he will, or they just won't play him. Dwight I would be worried about. I have almost no concern about Boogie. All of the Warriors look like they are having a blast on the court. Boogie will be just fine crushing teams and not having to do everything in a game to give his team a chance to win. Remember, Boogie is a really awesome passer. He is going to have fun playing with these shooters. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

And here I thought the warriors of last 2 years were best team of all time or at least in the last 30 years. and now adding boogie, jeez.

 

I think the rest of the NBA is partly to blame for this, no one offered boogie a good contract

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sya said:

And here I thought the warriors of last 2 years were best team of all time or at least in the last 30 years. and now adding boogie, jeez.

 

I think the rest of the NBA is partly to blame for this, no one offered boogie a good contract

Why not?

 

:ph34r:

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

Why not?

 

:ph34r:

according to reports due to the injury and many teams feel that he is bad for the locker room.

 

Magic said he didn't even call DMC to offer him to play for Lakers, not sure how accurate that report is, but if true, then it says something really bad about DMC considering LAL went out to sign another guy who can be cancer in the locker room - Rondo.

 

It says boogie left to choose between Boston and GSW and he went with GSW. It seems like not even Pelicans tried hard enough to retain DMC because they went out to get Randle as soon as he became UFA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sya said:

according to reports due to the injury and many teams feel that he is bad for the locker room.

 

Magic said he didn't even call DMC to offer him to play for Lakers, not sure how accurate that report is, but if true, then it says something really bad about DMC considering LAL went out to sign another guy who can be cancer in the locker room - Rondo.

 

It says boogie left to choose between Boston and GSW and he went with GSW. It seems like not even Pelicans tried hard enough to retain DMC because they went out to get Randle as soon as he became UFA.

He received no offers. From any team. Not even his own team. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sya said:

And here I thought the warriors of last 2 years were best team of all time or at least in the last 30 years. and now adding boogie, jeez.

 

I think the rest of the NBA is partly to blame for this, no one offered boogie a good contract

 

Exactly. They all collluded to lowball him because of the injury and he responded by joining the team that makes them all irrelevant this season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...