ZChronicNebula

Demarcus Cousins 2018-2019 Season Outlook

All I hear in this second video are snake sounds. Can someone please confirm this?

v

Edited by XOrad10

1 hour ago, crocp said:

G League today!!

Is it happening???

G league practice... Nothing really new here except he’ll be involved in more intense practices. He’s been a full participant in GSW practices for atleast a week now.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, XOrad10 said:

All I hear in this second video are snake sounds. Can someone please confirm this?

ahhhhhhhhhhahahahahhaa NICE :D 

🐍

protect ya neck brother !

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, JStyles said:

Anyone know how to check how many B2Bs GSW have left this season?

Just took a quick glance at their schedule between Jan 1 - April 10th and it looks like they have 6 sets of back to backs in that time period (assuming I counted correctly)

45 minutes ago, JStyles said:

Anyone know how to check how many B2Bs GSW have left this season?

After Cousins returns its only four total back to back sets. Jan 15/16, Feb 12/13, Feb 27/28, March 18/19. They may treat him similar to how Embiid was sitting out games last year with random days of rest. 

2 minutes ago, Soccer8098 said:

After Cousins returns its only four total back to back sets. Jan 15/16, Feb 12/13, Feb 27/28, March 18/19. They may treat him similar to how Embiid was sitting out games last year with random days of rest. 

You missed March 23/24 and April 9/10

54 minutes ago, misterj said:

You missed March 23/24 and April 9/10

Oops. Didnt include the April one because most leagues should be dont be the end of March. 

• Like 1

Honestly, he looked like s--- on those condition training vids.

• Like 1

Let's say he comes back on Jan 1. What kind of line can we realistically expect? He would go another month at a 20-minute cap, don't you think?

So Jan line might be: 8-7, .8 3pm, .8 blks, .5 stls

After that? Maybe 25 minutes with 14-8, 1.5 3pm, 1 blk, .8 stls?

Think late Elton Brand, on a team which doesn't need him more than 25 minutes a night. And then he gets to match up against bigs in the playoffs.

• Thanks 1

On 11/12/2018 at 11:54 AM, XOrad10 said:

When he says 'shoot myself in the foot' .. which foot are we hoping that is? His achilles repair, or the healthy one? 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Let's say he comes back on Jan 1. What kind of line can we realistically expect? He would go another month at a 20-minute cap, don't you think?

So Jan line might be: 8-7, .8 3pm, .8 blks, .5 stls

After that? Maybe 25 minutes with 14-8, 1.5 3pm, 1 blk, .8 stls?

Think late Elton Brand, on a team which doesn't need him more than 25 minutes a night. And then he gets to match up against bigs in the playoffs.

Thats pretty conservative honestly. Even if hes only playing 20 mpg he will still get rebounds and score more than 8 ppg. I think around 14 and 7 is realistic initially. The stocks and his %s are my biggest concern for the first month. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Soccer8098 said:

Thats pretty conservative honestly. Even if hes only playing 20 mpg he will still get rebounds and score more than 8 ppg. I think around 14 and 7 is realistic initially. The stocks and his %s are my biggest concern for the first month. 

His game was predicated on a bully mentality. He was a literal beast and made sure everyone knew it. Truthfully, he was fun to watch because he was such a physical monster, and a jerk, frankly. I enjoyed it in the same way one enjoys a good movie villain. 

The mental game will be difficult for him to overcome. Few players can do it. Rudy Gay is a good example, and Brand was a great example. It says something about their character when they can turn into role players after dominating.

Fundamentally, I believe he will be a role player, both due to the needs of the team and due to his physical limitations.

11 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

His game was predicated on a bully mentality. He was a literal beast and made sure everyone knew it. Truthfully, he was fun to watch because he was such a physical monster, and a jerk, frankly. I enjoyed it in the same way one enjoys a good movie villain. 

The mental game will be difficult for him to overcome. Few players can do it. Rudy Gay is a good example, and Brand was a great example. It says something about their character when they can turn into role players after dominating.

Fundamentally, I believe he will be a role player, both due to the needs of the team and due to his physical limitations.

Yeah im not too strong on either side of the spectrum to be honest. I wont be shocked at any outcome. What makes me optimistic is even though he was a bully, he is still very skilled. He is a solid passer and I think they will use him alot like the used Bogut back in the day - giving him the ball at the top of the key while guys run around screens. I think the blocks and steals being down is guaranteed though.

Boogie is playing for the biggest contract of his career, GSW are almost definitely not going to re-sign him unless they do wind up losing KD - surely neither party cares too much about being too conservative with his minutes.

For the same reason I expect him to be aggressive on the court, especially when you consider how spaced the GSW offence is.

• Like 2

Contract year? Out to prove that he can compete with the best of them and hold his own on a super team? I’d say he does better than the initial projection but I wouldn’t go over the top and expect him to be 100% back... 75% boogie is all I want and need and that should be top 40 

• Like 1

Demarcus Cousins (Achilles) might not make his season debut until January or February, according to Bay Area sportscaster Greg Papa.

"The feeling that I got from being around it last night, DeMarcus is not nearly as close as we think he is," said Papa during his Thursday morning radio show. "I'm hearing well into January, maybe February before he comes back." This isn't the most reliable reporting, but it also wouldn't be all that surprising to see Cousins' debut delayed. The Warriors have never offered an official timetable, and he's coming back from the most devasting injury in basketball, so right now, it's a total guessing game as to when he'll be back.
  • Thanks 1

“This isn’t the most reliable reporting” is the only thing i read from that report. We wait to hear from the team for a timetable. Still banking on beginning of January

So he practices with the g league team and it will take him 3 months to get into basketball shape? Can I get whatever the reporter is having? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1