ZChronicNebula

Demarcus Cousins 2018-2019 Season Outlook

15 minutes ago, malixx said:

finally all my IR spots are empty.. 1st time this season 

i wonder what this feels like...

• Haha 1

Lineup note: DeMarcus Cousins (Achilles) will play in short bursts Friday and will have his minutes monitored.

If he was still limited in any way they wouldn't be talking about him bursting IMO

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, malixx said:

finally all my IR spots are empty.. 1st time this season 

Fill up the slots with other injured guys that are on the wire. LeVert, IT, Carmelo, Porzingis. Free lottery tickets that won't cost you a thing.

15 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

If he was still limited in any way they wouldn't be talking about him bursting IMO

They meant he'll be playing a few minutes at a time, not that he's gonna go out there and show off his burst like trying to dunk from the free throw line.

---------

Man I'm so jelly of you guys. I had Barton come off IR but the only way I'll really feel excited like you guys will be if Porzingis returns.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Kerr said he doesn’t have any minute limit. I guess it is just going to depend on how he looks each game in the beginning. 

7 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Fill up the slots with other injured guys that are on the wire. LeVert, IT, Carmelo, Porzingis. Free lottery tickets that won't cost you a thing.

They meant he'll be playing a few minutes at a time, not that he's gonna go out there and show off his burst like trying to dunk from the free throw line.

---------

Man I'm so jelly of you guys. I had Barton come off IR but the only way I'll really feel excited like you guys will be if Porzingis returns.

yea for sure.  Just grabbed Rondo. What i meant to say 1st time this season no IR players from my draft 

despite the warriors being loaded, its friggen awesome seeing boogie out there on that all star team. Might have to get a cousins jersey LoL

He looks good for his first game back. Everyone commenting negatively is butt hurt and really must have not watched him play before the injury

• Like 2

Doesn’t look like he lost it. Just needs to get in a little more game shape as he’s gassed so quick but give it a few weeks and he’s gonna be killing it.

Who remembers how they used Bogut a few years back? They would put him in the p&r and place him at the top of the key while the shooters are coming off of screens and he would constantly find people - that is how i suspect they will be using Cousins. Wont be shocked if he hits around two 3s pg and gets 4 or 5 assists. 

2 minutes ago, Soccer8098 said:

It seems like he is not jumping for blocks, just contesting. 

Try’s sometimes, sometimes he doesn’t.  That’s Boogie. 

• Like 1

My wait a few weeks thing might be a taid over stated. He could be startsble right away. 

14/6/3/1/1 with 3 threes in 15 min. Sick? 

Fouled out but I don't think we could have asked for better in 15 minutes.

As someone who watched him all last year, I thought he moved really well and overall looked good.

Its obviously still a huge concern coming back from an achilles at his size but I've always thought a potential positive was that Boogie never had tremendous athleticism in terms of explosiveness or suddeness.  He's just extremely skilled and pretty agile and fluid for a guy his size.  So the injury may not affect his game the way it would someone who relies more on raw explosiveness.

There will be nights where he probably just doesnt have it physically but I'm excited about his fantasy contributions going forward.

Edited by VaTerp
  • Like 2