ZChronicNebula

Demarcus Cousins 2018-2019 Season Outlook

“The determination was made during a meeting on Friday, Nov. 23 between Cousins and Golden State’s training staff, including head trainer Rick Celebrini, according to sources. Before the meeting, Cousins was hoping to join the lineup during the team’s upcoming five-game road trip, according to sources.”

5 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Is this a credible source?

just read on instagram that he was supposed to play during their next road trip but they pushed it back after christmas

• Like 1

Just now, chud12 said:

I’m hoping for 15/10/5 this year.  

Im thinking he'll be more like 13/8/3 1 Block with great percentages. Potentially an Al Horford like line. 

1 minute ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Im thinking he'll be more like 13/8/3 1 Block with great percentages. Potentially an Al Horford like line. 

I want more than that lol but out of the C spot hard to complain. 

• Like 1

Just stashed him yesterday for 1 dollar (out of 100 dollar budget). I'm in tears right now. This just might clinch the 'ship for me! I was hoping sometime in January and preparing for AS Break announcement. Now it seems he is healthy already! Just needs his conditioning ramped up. Just too sweet! There is NO WAY he should be on any waivers. 

Obviously have to patient with him, but he is playing through january and february. He should be playing closer to 30 minutes by March and be a BEAST!

I have a verbally accepted deal of dipo/boogie for kawhi on the table pending to be officially offered when dipo is fit. I'm legit getting cold feet now

52 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

The one thing I am not expecting is great percentages. Sub 50%/80% his entire career and now he's coming off the worst injury in basketball.

I'd honestly love 15/10 with 45%/75% and his turnovers being below 3

I wish I remembered to draft him, totally forgot about him. But with the way Rudy Gay recovered from his achilles injury, Cousins might recover the same way and not skip a beat.

47 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

The one thing I am not expecting is great percentages. Sub 50%/80% his entire career and now he's coming off the worst injury in basketball.

I'd honestly love 15/10 with 45%/75% and his turnovers being below 3

He's a lock for best efficiency of his career imo playing with that all star cast

15 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

He's a lock for best efficiency of his career imo playing with that all star cast

I would agree if he wasn't coming off a torn Achilles. Throughout the history of the NBA we've seen efficiency fall off a cliff for players returning from a torn Achilles. Wes Matthews and Kobe Bryant most recent examples. Rudy Gay is the anomaly and I hope Boogie comes back like him but that's unlikely considering we're talking about a guy that's 6ft11 250lbs.

Of course, playing on GSW gives him a better chance but I think its far from a lock.

Edited by FantasyBallFan
  • Like 1

Basically he was okay to play this week, but will go through more conditioning. He may come back sooner than Christmas. 

1 hour ago, FantasyBallFan said:

I would agree if he wasn't coming off a torn Achilles. Throughout the history of the NBA we've seen efficiency fall off a cliff for players returning from a torn Achilles. Wes Matthews and Kobe Bryant most recent examples. Rudy Gay is the anomaly and I hope Boogie comes back like him but that's unlikely considering we're talking about a guy that's 6ft11 250lbs.

Of course, playing on GSW gives him a better chance but I think its far from a lock.

Remember Gay tore his achilles nearly 2 years ago and wasn't the same right off the bat.  He needed a lot of time to recoup.

I'd be surprised if Cousins is fantasy relevant (at least in relation to his potential) this year.

Edited by HotSauce24
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, HotSauce24 said:

Remember Gay tore his achilles nearly 2 years ago and wasn't the same right off the bat.  He needed a lot of time to recoup.

I'd be surprised if Cousins is fantasy relevant (at least in relation to his potential) this year.

Prepare to be surprised

• Like 3