ZChronicNebula

Demarcus Cousins 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Alright so here's a question, borderline AC forum but I think it'll be relevant to people in a situation like mine.

Boogie is sitting on the wire in one of my shallow leagues where we have an IL slot. I can pick him up, but to do so I'm going to have to cut a valuable player (according to Yahoo 9-cat ranks, De'Aron Fox is my worst guy at #93), and I'm currently in first place. 

So, the question is, if you're doing well in your league, would you guys cut a decent player to make the stash? 

5 hours ago, HotSauce24 said:

Remember Gay tore his achilles nearly 2 years ago and wasn't the same right off the bat.  He needed a lot of time to recoup.

I'd be surprised if Cousins is fantasy relevant (at least in relation to his potential) this year.

There's a bit of a difference in ability between Boogie...and Wes Matthews and washed up Kobe.

Suggesting he won't be fantasy relevant is laughable unless you're suggesting he's going to get less than 15-20mpg.

23 minutes ago, JStyles said:

There's a bit of a difference in ability between Boogie...and Wes Matthews and washed up Kobe.

Suggesting he won't be fantasy relevant is laughable unless you're suggesting he's going to get less than 15-20mpg.

Again show me the precedent. 

You must like laughing at facts and history. 

Btw Kobe was having a phenomenal season, especially given his age before his tear. 

Did you just start following the league after purchasing nba 2k19 this year? 

• Haha 1

Lot of doubters here. It seems they missed out on the Waiver Sweepstakes for Boogie!

tbh I have him in my IR and my expectations for him are so low that a significant injury to any one of about 8-9 players on my team would cause him to be dropped very quickly

Debating how he will produce is pointless because there is no precedent for a situation like this. We dont know how many minutes he will play, if he will ever play back to backs, what his mobility will look like, or what his usage will look like. If he is even 50% of what he was in previous years its a solid risk to take though

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Stefan said:

2 BLOCKS ?!

anigif_sub-buzz-20121-1494964203-1.gif?d

hahahaha new, more defensive minded cuz

• Haha 1

Hoping he operates like a draymond that averages 2 threes a game 

1 hour ago, RealityBasketball said:

warriors are a mess and i love it.  way too many mouths to feed.  jordan bell is going to lose his s---.  get no burn.  

The narrative is the Warriors are a mess because they are losing. Losing creates frustration and tempers flaring. The reality is that they are injured. Whatever mess you think they are in is instantly fixed when Curry and Draymond are healthy and playing. Curry is their most important offensive player and Draymond is the most important defensive player. There really is no mess is GS this year. If they are healthy they win again. 

If Jordan Bell was good outside of fantasy per minute circles he would have separated himself from Looney and Jones. If he wants to overplay his cards like that wing did this off-season he can become irrelevant too. Forgot the wings name because he is irrelevant. 

Boogie is going to be solid imo. Whatever injury concerns and drop-off there are will be offset by pace and playing with incredibly talented and unselfish teammates. The warriors are so dominant because they share the ball. Boogie will operate with more space than he has ever had in his career and less pressure. The minutes are the only thing I am concerned with/watching for with boogie. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bhkim814 said:

Hoping he operates like a draymond that averages 2 threes a game 

I think he will. No one can sag off of Curry Klay and KD. Those first two require defenders on their hip and they constantly move. The looks this team will get is just tough to fathom. Defenses are going to hate playing them once they  mesh. Also, the amount of fouls boogie can generate with the freedom of movement could be silly. A pump fake on a closeout is all he needs to collapse a defense, draw a foul, or get in the paint to finish with limited attention from the defense. Or he shoots that triple. Only downside is the freedom of movement is going to put boogie in foul trouble as well. 

I get the injury concern and I have it as well. But this is one of the most skilled big in history. He didn't lose his skill. He just needs to adjust his game to optimize his skill in his new body. Those other starters are going to make life very easy on boogie. And he will be winning for the first time in his life. 

• Like 1

I got Boogie in the 9th round of my draft  he currently sitting in my IR spot and my initial plan was to flip him to begin with. I'm currently in 2nd place  and got offered Eric Bledsoe would you guys wait it out or take the trade ? 

1 hour ago, Lebronisgod said:

I got Boogie in the 9th round of my draft  he currently sitting in my IR spot and my initial plan was to flip him to begin with. I'm currently in 2nd place  and got offered Eric Bledsoe would you guys wait it out or take the trade ? 

I'd take that in a heartbeat.  That is a 4th/5th rounder for what a 9th round investment.  Boogie still has a month to go before hitting the court, a time period in which you could conceivable stash another IR  eligible player (depends on your leagues wire).  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lebronisgod said:

Ive never been a huge bledsoe fan, and tbh although youre taking a gamble with Boogie, I feel like he has more upside and potentially a better usage rate than Bledsoe. Thats a really tough scenario to figure out & it depends on the depth of your team. If your sitting in second place then why not wait it out and see if he plays like a monster? at that point you can flip him for even more than bledsoe id think...

2 hours ago, Lebronisgod said:

wait it out my man, cousins is still cousins, his game never depended on athleticism, hes skilled as a mf...i took him in the 10th round and stashed him immediately and i also have deandre, marc, mcgee, draymond on my team...when some other teams best center goes down, im going to sell one of them for a hefty price

3 minutes ago, L3onD said:

when some other teams best center goes down, im going to sell one of them for a hefty price

Lol. I always try that and it never works. They just won't pay the premium price and go for other manager and get it done there. And at the same time I'm sitting one of my premium centers on the bench dying for some guard help. Good luck with it tho, hopefully you'll haul!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Lol. I always try that and it never works. They just won't pay the premium price and go for other manager and get it done there. And at the same time I'm sitting one of my premium centers on the bench dying for some guard help. Good luck with it tho, hopefully you'll haul!

i wont ask too much, i need guards so that’ll do, tbh i cant fit all those guys on my roster once they all start playing (demarcus, draymond)...also have collins, siakam, someones certainly gonna get traded...since levert went down im in a problem with that

2 hours ago, Lebronisgod said:

I’m Stashing Cousins in 3 leagues and I would gladly take that in a heartbeat. Bledose is currently ranked 41st in 9 cat and just recently started playing better. There is a very small chance Cousins finishes higher than bledsoe on a per game basis. Once you consider the 1 month wait + rest during b2bs i’d gladly take Bledsoe and run. We dont even know what Boogies role will look like once he returns.

Maybe if your team is in need of a big then i’d think about declining it. But on pure value alone im taking Bledsoe 100%

18 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

I’m Stashing Cousins in 3 leagues and I would gladly take that in a heartbeat. Bledose is currently ranked 41st in 9 cat and just recently started playing better. There is a very small chance Cousins finishes higher than bledsoe on a per game basis. Once you consider the 1 month wait + rest during b2bs i’d gladly take Bledsoe and run. We dont even know what Boogies role will look like once he returns.

Maybe if your team is in need of a big then i’d think about declining it. But on pure value alone im taking Bledsoe 100%

I’ve got Boogie in a keeper league and am looking at him primarily as an asset this coming offseason either to keep again or move for a pick.  Hoping he plays well and helps me this year also but not sure what to expect.

In straight redraft I’d take Bledsoe for him in a sec unless I really need boards for my build.  And even then... The extra month of production makes that a fairly easy trigger to pull to me.

18 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

im pretty sure hes not going to be zaza pachulia or mcgee last year, take into an account the situation with draymond (still dont believe they are going to get rid of him), boogie will still contribute a fair share for the team, he can shoot, post up, dish, crash the boards, they never had a center that could crash the boards like boogie, its a plus for the warriors

16 minutes ago, L3onD said:

im pretty sure hes not going to be zaza pachulia or mcgee last year, take into an account the situation with draymond (still dont believe they are going to get rid of him), boogie will still contribute a fair share for the team, he can shoot, post up, dish, crash the boards, they never had a center that could crash the boards like boogie, its a plus for the warriors

I don't disagree with you but this is all maybes. Kerr even said he hopes Boogie plays the David West role. Nobody really knows if that means being an enforcer or running the second unit. The idea that cousins will be cousins is also a maybe. I hope you're right but if we're talking about a guy like EBled I'm taking that immediately.

19 hours ago, VaTerp said:

I’ve got Boogie in a keeper league and am looking at him primarily as an asset this coming offseason either to keep again or move for a pick.  Hoping he plays well and helps me this year also but not sure what to expect.

In straight redraft I’d take Bledsoe for him in a sec unless I really need boards for my build.  And even then... The extra month of production makes that a fairly easy trigger to pull to me.

I'm glad you mentioned keeper league. I am in a keeper league (Keep up to 4) and someone dropped Boogie so I scooped him up immediately to throw on my IR.

My plan originally was to keep Harden/Jokic/Dev Booker/Deandre Ayton but now I have this freakin stud Boogie in the mix as an option. Not sure how I'm going to play it.

I opted to not keep CP3 for a chance to draft Luka, but he got taken right before my pick so I took Ayton. I like the idea of having someone that could give good value now and also blow up in a year or 2

Edited by Nazyef