Sign in to follow this  
andy1234

Feel like I Botched Draft. WHIR

I had the #1 overall in a 12 team standard 9 cat Keepers. I didn't do much prep as I was really busy with school. Brand new keeper league. Made some trades to move up in the 2nd so lost a pick.

1 (1) - AD

2 (14) - Simmons

3 (45) - Beal

4 (49) - KP (Reach but didnt have a pick for awhile and didnt want to miss out)

5 (72) - Josh Richardson

6 (73) - Founier

7 (96) - J Jackson Jr.

8 (120) - Bazemore

9 (121) - RHJ

10 (134) - Dedmond

11 (144) - Sexton

12 (145) - Siakam

13 (155) - Bojan

Thinking of punting assists. Donavan Mitchell owner is interested in Ben Simmons and is willing to part with DM. Think this might be the way to go.

Some of these were panic pics as well. Seemed like the person I wanted kept getting taken a pick or 2 right before me smh

Punt assists makes a lot of sense but doesn't mean that you have to get rid of Simmons, he contributed in a lot of categories and is still developing.

You got incredible value on beal, Jrich and JJJ (as a potential keeper)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chaiway said:

Punt assists makes a lot of sense but doesn't mean that you have to get rid of Simmons, he contributed in a lot of categories and is still developing.

You got incredible value on beal, Jrich and JJJ (as a potential keeper)

I think people got scared when the Butler yo Miami rumors started but even in Minny, I don’t think JRich loses much value. Would you rather have Mitchell or Simmons?

For this year, Simmons.

Long term it's close. His Asst, FG, stls, blocks combo is $ and if he improves his ft % then it's not even close.

Looks solid for a keeper league might have some trouble winning this year but u can def make this team work as the years go on help with mine please!

22 hours ago, Biged1119 said:

Standard 8 cat league with this team pretty sure I’m punting assists any other categories I’m lacking? 

Kevin Durant

kyrie irving

donovan mitchell

Hassan whiteside 

C.J. McCollum 

Danilo gallinari 

Brandon Ingram 

myles turner

Robert Covington 

demarcus cousins

Dejounte murray

evan Fournier 

darren collision 

I think I would kee Simmons over Mitchell this year. He gives more cats than Mitchell.

I honestly like Simmons more. Brings a bit more to the table, and I think he eventually gets his 3-point stroke down

I’d consider Simmons the sexier pick over Mitchell. Who do you have on the FA list? I’d consider dropping Dedmond for someone with way more upside.

Help here please:

13 hours ago, Biged1119 said:

Looks solid for a keeper league might have some trouble winning this year but u can def make this team work as the years go on help with mine please!

I don’t think you necessarily have to punt assists with your team. You have some players that offer sneaky good assist numbers (Murray, Collison, etc.) but I can see why you would want to. If you can get one consistent 7-8 assist guy, I think you can still compete in that category, although you obviously won’t be elite. I like the team though. Health can be a concern with guys like Gallo and Turner (he burned me so bad last season). But still very solid. Especially if healthy.

4 hours ago, Dapro said:

I think I would kee Simmons over Mitchell this year. He gives more cats than Mitchell.

4 hours ago, squidthunder said:

I honestly like Simmons more. Brings a bit more to the table, and I think he eventually gets his 3-point stroke down

Seems like most are higher on Simmons. I might hold off then. I agree that if he gets a 3 going, he’ll be ridiculous. But will he? I’m not sure. At least not this season.

9 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

I’d consider Simmons the sexier pick over Mitchell. Who do you have on the FA list? I’d consider dropping Dedmond for someone with way more upside.

Help here please:

I am picking up Willyhernan Gomez and hoping to god he gets the starting gig because I need a big bad. There’s also Zeller (who could also win he job). There’s Markief Morris, Len (Don’t like him but will get minutes until Ded gets back), Chriss, Portia, Noel are some of the names as far as bigs go.

Other names include Hood, A. Bradley, Amina, FVV, Reggie, Bogdan, Grant among a few others. No one with huuuuuuuge upside but some never pieces.

I’d definitely take a gamble on either Willy or Cody over Desmond. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, tazdingo said:

I’d definitely take a gamble on either Willy or Cody over Desmond. 

Willy always looked good in limited minutes. I really hope he gets the starting job.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, andy1234 said:

Willy always looked good in limited minutes. I really hope he gets the starting job.

I drafted Willy last year hoping the same thing but it didn't eventuate. History says because I didn't draft him this year, he is ready to break out and end up on somebody elses winning roster, so the signs are looking good for you if you pick him up. 

• Haha 1