crazybob60

Pascal Siakam 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, ROTY said:

Considering how bad he's been this season overall, and with Siakam shooting 77% from 2, you can see they're both due for a regression or progression to the mean. 

I don't understand how it's even a debate. You cannot compare Bledsoe and Siakam, and sure as shieet can't believe it's a fair trade. You are a dream league opponent for me. I win chips because of irrational/erratic players like you and scrub. 

For the record, I do not own Bledsoe, so I cannot  comment on trades.

However, I do think that Bledsoe will have disappointing season compared to his ADP.

All I am trying to say is that I do  believe that Bledsoe and Siakam will finish within  10 spots from each other  in final rankings at the end of season, with   Siakam  ranked higher.

Which player will  provide better return on investment remains to be seen, we will come back to this post in March. I am liking what I get from Siakam so far. I get different feeling (disappointment and frustration)  in Bledsoe's thread.

I am not sure that we will see huge improvement from Bledsoe this year. Giannis runs offense,  Bucks do not need point guard on that end. Bledsoe's impact has to be on defensive end, and so far I haven't seen it at  all. Effort seems to be missing (he has 8 steals in 350+ minutes that he played so far). 

Btw, any 2 players can be compared, that is what we do in fantasy, right?

I believe in Siakam the player, I don't believe in the minutes, though.  He's been benefiting from a lot of injuries and unless you're predicting those to keep up, I don't see how anyone can be so high on him.

14 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

For the record, I do not own Bledsoe, so I cannot  comment on trades.

However, I do think that Bledsoe will have disappointing season compared to his ADP.

All I am trying to say is that I do  believe that Bledsoe and Siakam will finish within  10 spots from each other  in final rankings at the end of season, with   Siakam  ranked higher.

Which player will  provide better return on investment remains to be seen, we will come back to this post in March. I am liking what I get from Siakam so far. I get different feeling (disappointment and frustration)  in Bledsoe's thread.

I am not sure that we will see huge improvement from Bledsoe this year. Giannis runs offense,  Bucks do not need point guard on that end. Bledsoe's impact has to be on defensive end, and so far I haven't seen it at  all. Effort seems to be missing (he has 8 steals in 350+ minutes that he played so far). 

Btw, any 2 players can be compared, that is what we do in fantasy, right?

Where do you base this opinion from? It has no support. Siakam is pretty much a fantasy unknown. This season has been the first time he has been relevant and his early breaking out has a lot to do with Kawhi missing games and OG missing games. Its clear he wont shoot in the high 60s for fg% so that will quickly regress his fg% and scoring. Bledsoe has a long history of being borderline elite in fantasy. Last season was top 35 and top 15 the last 2 months of the season. Siakam is going to start regressing and bledsoe is going to start improving, it's just the way it works. I would bet you any amount of money you are willing that they wont finish remotely close in the rankings, bledsoe will be far ahead probably by about 30-40 spots, not 10 or less like you said. 

2 hours ago, richg24 said:

Where do you base this opinion from? It has no support. Siakam is pretty much a fantasy unknown. This season has been the first time he has been relevant and his early breaking out has a lot to do with Kawhi missing games and OG missing games. Its clear he wont shoot in the high 60s for fg% so that will quickly regress his fg% and scoring. Bledsoe has a long history of being borderline elite in fantasy. Last season was top 35 and top 15 the last 2 months of the season. Siakam is going to start regressing and bledsoe is going to start improving, it's just the way it works. I would bet you any amount of money you are willing that they wont finish remotely close in the rankings, bledsoe will be far ahead probably by about 30-40 spots, not 10 or less like you said. 

Bledsoe has been playing for bad (Suns) or underachieving teams (Bucks before Budenholzer), hence the stats and high fantasy rankings.
This might be  the first time in his career playing for the coach that knows what he is doing.
Budenholzer teams have always had lots of 3PA (Bucks went from 25th last season to 2nd this year), lots of ball movement and dominant player that has the ball on offense.  
This does not translate well for Bledsoe this year.  His days of being top 40 fantasy player are over, as long as he is on this Bucks team. I don't see many posts on forums that are suggesting Bledsoe is coming back to the glory days of top 40 finish . 

This is my opinion,  you are entitled to yours.

For Siakam, his minutes are safe.
For last few games:
vs Sac - 35 min (Leonard 31, OG 24)
vs Utah - 31 (Leoanard 0, OG 25)
vs Lakers - 35 (Leonard 0, OG 24)
vs Suns - 27 (3rd highest on the team, after Leonard and Lowry, OG 21)
vs Philly - 33 (Leonard 34, OG 0)
The list goes on. 

Where do I base my opinion on Siakam?  Just watch some Raptors games.  It is self explanatory.

Btw,  most of the  well known fantasy stars started as fantasy unkowns

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Pyschout said:

I believe in Siakam the player, I don't believe in the minutes, though.  He's been benefiting from a lot of injuries and unless you're predicting those to keep up, I don't see how anyone can be so high on him.

Meh. What do you seriously think he's going to get when the whole team is healthy? I think that it's 25 as an absolute worst case scenario, and as someone that does it all (including assists) and whose strongest stat is FG% anyway he can easily retain mid-round value ros

People keep talking about minutes with a healthy squad, are you guys watching the damn games? Dudes getting 30 minutes whether you like it or not. People must be salty missing out on him.

Oh yeah and 3 triples right now. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Only complaint I have is lack of blocks. 

Fair complaint. Hopefully he can get closer to 0.8 atleast

6 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Did you spend a draft pick on Siakam? If yes, then you can complain. If not, enjoy the ride

8 minutes ago, chud12 said:

2 minutes ago, Kamura said:

Fair complaint. Hopefully he can get closer to 0.8 atleast

?? He's the 25th ranked player over last two weeks (prob about to be higher after this game) coming off the waivers.

Fair my a**, do y'all also complain that Anthony Davis doesn't get assists? f--- outta here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gile Pile said:

Did you spend a draft pick on Siakam? If yes, then you can complain. If not, enjoy the ride

Traded for him but I’ll enjoy the ride regardless. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, royalm said:

?? He's the 25th ranked player over last two weeks (prob about to be higher after this game) coming off the waivers.

Fair my a**, do y'all also complain that Anthony Davis doesn't get assists? f--- outta here

Chill the f--- out son. We all here enjoying that Siakam.

Nice thread, guys. Love the who's better Pascal or Bledsoe turn. It brought out a lot of detail I wouldn't have been aware of, only having watched about 20 mins this year. Led me to pick him everywhere, thanks!

It's funny how much things can change over a few games. I think if you wanted to ship off your Bledsoe for Siakam in dynasty, that ship sailed. In redraft, still there but the window is closing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kamura said:

Chill the f--- out son. We all here enjoying that Siakam.

I'm chill kiddo. Not gonna be trippin' over no blocks from a waiver pickup

Edited by royalm

18 minutes ago, Kamura said:

People keep talking about minutes with a healthy squad, are you guys watching the damn games? Dudes getting 30 minutes whether you like it or not. People must be salty missing out on him.

Oh yeah and 3 triples right now. 

I know I am, lmao. He got swooped up pretty early in my league after that 15-15 game on Oct 31st. I wasn’t convinced he was going to keep it up due to injuries.

It’s clear, however, that his stellar play has led to Nurse finding minutes for him despite the crowded rotation. So congrats to those who managed to pick him up.

6 minutes ago, bdy1 said:

Nice thread, guys. Love the who's better Pascal or Bledsoe turn. It brought out a lot of detail I wouldn't have been aware of, only having watched about 20 mins this year. Led me to pick him everywhere, thanks!

It's funny how much things can change over a few games. I think if you wanted to ship off your Bledsoe for Siakam in dynasty, that ship sailed. In redraft, still there but the window is closing.

idk i thought it was a bunch of useless chest beating but yeah Siakam is a rock solid roto property grats on owning

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, crocp said:

WW of the year pick up no questions asked. 

Not for points leagues. That distinction belongs to Levert. But if Siakam starts grabbing more rebounds, then look out 

6 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Not for points leagues. That distinction belongs to Levert. But if Siakam starts grabbing more rebounds, then look out 

LeVert is mostly drafted.

Siakham had hype, but a lot of usage/opportunity questions.

• Like 2