crazybob60

Pascal Siakam 2018-2019 Season Outlook

8 hours ago, Kaboom said:

Close enough . . .

1RLWf7m.png

I have shares of him but not expecting top 20 value ROS....or should I?  ?

Edited by El_Chingon

2 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

I also have him...and i do not expect top 20, top 30 or even top 40 ROS.....

with that said, i love him and riding him allllll season long

3 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

1 hour ago, crocp said:

Well. He ain't a rookie. Everything about his pedigree checks out except this draft position (27th). A third year guy, whose teammates have gushed about him since he came into the league, who has earned the trust of his coach, who has a unique skill set around the rim that flashes high production from consistently low usage. People break out for real every year, why not this guy?

It's not like he plays for the Kings and defenses have room to adjust. With Lowry and Kawhi getting the attention, that steady stream of man to man in the low post and off the PnR is going to continue, and he eats that s h i t alive. I will be a little bummed if he finishes outside the top 50. I think top 30 can happen if and only if the elite efficiency is for real. FWIW he shot 57% on 8 FGA and 54% on 15 FGA in college, so 60%+ is new territory. But who knows? The most predictive stat is "what did you do last game?"

On the flip side, I dabbled in ownership last year and when he wasn't making his own touches by rebound or steal he could be really, really passive for stretches. We're talking Jokic without the touches -- catch, pivot, pass -- 3 times in 10 possessions then bench. If those days are behind him he's a jewel.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, crocp said:

with that said, i love him and riding him allllll season long

haha pause. 

seems like a pretty efficient player to have on your team. great fg%, occasional stocks, 3's points and rebs. 

• Haha 3

So I have a pending trade to give up my Pascal and Rubio for Gary Harris. 

Little bit regretting it but my thought process is this. 

My team is DOMINATE in fg% already, I’m punt assist team who HAD to grab rubio for steals. I can finally get rid of him and get a player that is essential to punt assists. I also need 3’s terribly. 

Hate giving up P though

Edited by JLoson0550

It'

44 minutes ago, JLoson0550 said:

So I have a pending trade to give up my Pascal and Rubio for Gary Harris. 

Little bit regretting it but my thought process is this. 

My team is DOMINATE in fg% already, I’m punt assist team who HAD to grab rubio for steals. I can finally get rid of him and get a player that is essential to punt assists. I also need 3’s terribly. 

Hate giving up P though

I own shares of Gary and like him a lot. He's a nice player. It's hard to see how doing this could help your team. I'm so sorry it happened. :(

8 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

that spin move in the post is unstoppable :D

He has even done a few to the left recently. If he gets the lefty spin going too, game over. Bigs can't stop that. Send a smaller guy and he bully's them. Double and he'll find the open man, and his jumper continues to improve. Told y'all this guy is the real deal.

• Like 1

not only is Siakam looking like the waiver wire pickup of the year, he should be the frontrunner for MIP (Most Improved) now that Levert is out with Injury. Great pickup for those that were able to act quick and pick him up

• Like 2

Started playing ball at 17yo... crazy! Imagine playing for a couple years then being a starter in the NBA. This guys ceiling is very high.

• Like 1

I drafted this guy and dropped him. Thought I could get him back.. Never had that chance. As a kawhi's owner, I feel so **** 

I remember the day I picked him up. I wanted WCJ who got dropped after the poor start to the season. Missed him so took Siakam instead after just clearing waivers. He literally started his tear the very next game. Best move I'll make all season. And I remember dudes in here saying it was just a flash in the pan with Leonard and OG sitting - glad I cut out the noise and held strong.

Edited by flat_eric
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

I remember the day I picked him up. I wanted WCJ who got dropped after the poor start to the season. Missed him so took Siakam instead after just clearing waivers. He literally started his tear the very next game. Best move I'll make all season. And I remember dudes in here saying it was just a flash in the pan with Leonard and OG sitting - glad I cut out the noise and held strong.

Well tonight, Leonard and OG are both out, plus he's going against an awful Bulls team and gonna be matched up with Jabari Parker, who doesn't even try to play defense! With this type of setup, I'll be pretty disappointed if he doesn't get us a juicy line tonight!

1 hour ago, hipriest69 said:

Sinking his season FG% to a miserable 63%.   WE NEED TO MAKE HISTORY

This is totally unacceptable.  In 9-cat leagues  for the last  7 days he is only ranked 25th overall (on BBM).   Time to drop

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

About to make a trade for Hield and Siakam for Wendell Carter & Prince. Can't wait to board the hype-train :D