crazybob60

Pascal Siakam 2018-2019 Season Outlook

3 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

I ran into this article yesterday. 

https://hoopshype.com/2018/10/15/pascal-siakam-toronto-raptors-fantasy-basketball-sleepers/

As a Dynasty owner this has me intrigued and excited about this season.

I will literally be waiting to make a cut if I even see a hint of a breakout here. Like if he shows glimpses tonight I am cutting someone. That article is eye popping. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, chud12 said:

I will literally be waiting to make a cut if I even see a hint of a breakout here. Like if he shows glimpses tonight I am cutting someone. That article is eye popping. 

Already dropped beverley for him. He will play consistent mins regardless if the game's a blowout. 

As a Toronto resident and huge Raps homer, I was pretty heartbroken to miss out on Kawhi and Lowry in my draft lol, so Siakam is the next guy I'm eyeing. From a real life perspective, he's probably our most promising young guy, maybe other than Freddy, and I really want Nurse to give him as much burn as possible. I'd even rather Siakam start over Ibaka. A lineup of Lowry/Green/Kawhi/Siakam/JV would be really fun

• Like 5

If you check out the current Raptors depth chart, Pascal Siakam/Greg Monroe/OG Anunoby are the ones who will play 4/5. I been reading that Coach Nurse will utilize Serge more as a 5. That opens up more minutes for Siakam this season when they play small ball. All hope that this might actually be a breakout season for Siakam. 

38 minutes ago, XOrad10 said:

If you check out the current Raptors depth chart, Pascal Siakam/Greg Monroe/OG Anunoby are the ones who will play 4/5. I been reading that Coach Nurse will utilize Serge more as a 5. That opens up more minutes for Siakam this season when they play small ball. All hope that this might actually be a breakout season for Siakam. 

Og can play at the 5?

7 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

Og can play at the 5?

If Lakers can play Kuzma at 5 then I have no doubt OG can play 5. They have Serge and Val to take over 5 though. So it’s all dependent on matchups. 

Coach Nurse has been all over the place in preseason. This is good from a new coach, as he is communicating there are no sacred cows (except Lowry and Kawhi). He's letting them show him what they can do.

From what I can tell, the default seems to be that JV is now NOT starting at C, and Ibaka is the starting C. 

If Ibaka becomes the starting stretch C, that leaves Pascal and OG as the only realistic PF starters. I think it's realistic to expect 24-26 minutes for Pascal. He is a good high-energy guy, great defender, but not an outside shooter. That article calls him the next Draymond, and there's some validity in that. Siakam could make a huge leap in his 3rd season, with Ibaka getting old.

Note that OG is also a promising young forward. He is physically smaller, and would ideally be a SF, if Kawhi was not there. But if both OG and Pascal are in the PF slot, it squeezes minutes.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Coach Nurse has been all over the place in preseason. This is good from a new coach, as he is communicating there are no sacred cows (except Lowry and Kawhi). He's letting them show him what they can do.

From what I can tell, the default seems to be that JV is now NOT starting at C, and Ibaka is the starting C. 

If Ibaka becomes the starting stretch C, that leaves Pascal and OG as the only realistic PF starters. I think it's realistic to expect 24-26 minutes for Pascal. He is a good high-energy guy, great defender, but not an outside shooter. That article calls him the next Draymond, and there's some validity in that. Siakam could make a huge leap in his 3rd season, with Ibaka getting old.

Note that OG is also a promising young forward. He is physically smaller, and would ideally be a SF, if Kawhi was not there. But if both OG and Pascal are in the PF slot, it squeezes minutes.

So is this guy a must add just for the upside in a 10 teamer? (last spots) or just a wait and see approach? Don't wanna be late for the train :D lol

1 hour ago, Brandayz said:

So is this guy a must add just for the upside in a 10 teamer? (last spots) or just a wait and see approach? Don't wanna be late for the train :D lol

Very hard to say. Sorry, but there is no clear picture here with the info we have. We will know a lot more in a week. 

Make room on this train for me!  Surely this guy will give my team more than the seven minutes I got from Bell last night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Man, I got an itchy trigger finger now for an add.. Hope he goes off tonight. 

• Like 1

Just now, chud12 said:

Man, I got an itchy trigger finger now for an add.. Hope he goes off tonight. 

me too. I want to cut Gay or Josh Jackson for him in my 9cat league 

1 minute ago, bmoney0111 said:

me too. I want to cut Gay or Josh Jackson for him in my 9cat league 

Contemplating cutting Willy H. for him and I hate the roto blurb so I might have to make the add now... 

Coach Nick Nurse said he is going to routinely change his starting lineup, so this will be a fluid situation. Regardless, it's a great sign for Siakam that Nurse has confidence to start him opening night. He's been terrific all summer and could become a hot pickup with a strong line here. If your league is competitive, you may want to beat the rush and grab him now. Oct 17 - 6:48 PM

smh.. 

Just now, chud12 said:

Contemplating cutting Willy H. for him and I hate the roto blurb so I might have to make the add now... 

Coach Nick Nurse said he is going to routinely change his starting lineup, so this will be a fluid situation. Regardless, it's a great sign for Siakam that Nurse has confidence to start him opening night. He's been terrific all summer and could become a hot pickup with a strong line here. If your league is competitive, you may want to beat the rush and grab him now. Oct 17 - 6:48 PM

smh.. 

HAHA i know. They control the WW/FA market. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

smh.. 

I know. Tough decision but wheb you in a competitive league you have to act fast or regret it.

8 minutes ago, sickrookie said:

Just dropped Taj for him. Upsides. 

Very smart move. 

I have him on 3 out of 4 teams.  Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!