crazybob60

Pascal Siakam 2018-2019 Season Outlook

On 5/5/2019 at 10:44 AM, x_Nemesis_x said:

It looks that this guy is for real..I feel he's like a safe bet for the upcoming fantasy seasons. 

His stats are more useful in roto though, since he isn't killing his owners in any cat so I would definitely target him in late 2nd-early 3rd round next season in roto leagues.

If Kawhi leaves and Toronto don't sign an elite FA as his replacement, I see Siakam getting more value since he looks better offensive player than anyone else in Toronto (except from Kawhi of course). 

About h2h formats, I should take a look in the fantasy playoffs schedule first but I think Siakam shouldn't be available after the 3rd Round. 

Finally about auction leagues, I think $30-40 is a reasonable auction value range for him. 

Kawhi would be making a big mistake if he leaves Toronto. They love him there and he can win championships right where he is at right now. He can always hop on a private jet if he wants to go visit LA or just get a summer home there.  

• Like 1

Just now, Cdub2k said:

Kawhi would be making a big mistake if he leaves Toronto. They love him there and he can win championships right where he is at right now. He can always hop on a private jet if he wants to go visit LA or just get a summer home there.  

especially because he gets 1/4 of the regular season off...

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

Agreed. Less than a 10% chance he leaves Toronto now even if they lose. No chance he leaves if they pull the upset. Nobody, not even the Clippers, can offer Kawhi a better place for him to be in than Toronto. Championship caliber team, friendly fans/people who will support him, not a huge market (just how he likes it), and he could be a legend in Toronto in a couple weeks if he leads the Raptors to a championship.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

Agreed. Less than a 10% chance he leaves Toronto now even if they lose. No chance he leaves if they pull the upset. Nobody, not even the Clippers, can offer Kawhi a better place for him to be in than Toronto. Championship caliber team, friendly fans/people who will support him, not a huge market (just how he likes it), and he could be a legend in Toronto in a couple weeks if he leads the Raptors to a championship.

The real sealer for me is that it seems like he might be still having trouble with that tedonitis to some extent. He was still clearly struggling in this game (he'll get stronger again for some games for sure - like he did in game 5 and 6 against the bucks after game 3 and 4). That makes those extra $50M and another year of contract worth even more. And he knows the Raptors are going to manage him better than anyone else - he knows that first hand.

• Like 2