crazybob60

Pascal Siakam 2018-2019 Season Outlook

This guy was all over the court tonight.  So much energy.  Nick Nurse needs to give him a ton more minutes moving forward.

Does everyone really think Nurse won't just go and play this dude 20 min. some nights?? Great game tonight but you can't teach stupid and I bet this coach will do just that a lot and drive owners nuts... 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1

Still no OG though. It really is OG that eats up the most of his minutes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tazdingo said:

Still no OG though. It really is OG that eats up the most of his minutes.

Yup thats a big guy missing from the roation and also Fanfleet. 

I really do get why people are hyped about him but it’s really so hard to rely on him when they have such a deep lineup. I don’t have him in my league but Im seriously hoping that this guy gets the minutes he deserves moving forward.

31 minutes ago, richg24 said:

had to make a tough choice but just dropped mitchell robinson for him. they both have a lot of upside but going with siakam because 3 games in a row with 30+ min and its likely he will have a bigger role now

exactly the same situation

Great line but Siakam was averaging 20 mins before OG went out... doubt it will change once he comes back? Am I missing something?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Boner said:

Great line but Siakam was averaging 20 mins before OG went out... doubt it will change once he comes back? Am I missing something?

Your not...This thread is going to be hot 50 percent of the time because Nurse won't play the kid enough. 

never mind abandon thread GIF

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

Your not...This thread is going to be hot 50 percent of the time because Nurse won't play the kid enough. 

never mind abandon thread GIF

With the way they've been playing and the fact that he is one of the young they need to develop, he will get more minutes. He may not get the full 30+ every night but he will get enough to be owned nearly everywhere. If it doesn't work out, so be it but at this point he needs to be grabbed to see what happens.

Just now, Kamura said:

With the way they've been playing and the fact that he is one of the young they need to develop, he will get more minutes. He may not get the full 30+ every night but he will get enough to be owned nearly everywhere. If it doesn't work out, so be it but at this point he needs to be grabbed to see what happens.

I agree he needs 2 be added but fantasy basketball is a love, hate relationship and coaches don't give a ishh about it. Nurse will play the hot hand unless your name is Lowry, Kawhi or Green this year.

22 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I agree he needs 2 be added but fantasy basketball is a love, hate relationship and coaches don't give a ishh about it. Nurse will play the hot hand unless your name is Lowry, Kawhi or Green this year.

I think we're on the same page. I totally think that could happen a fair bit but hopefully for those of us who own him, it doesn't happen too often :)

33 minutes ago, MarcoPol0 said:

tough between this guy and Jon Isaac. Siakam obviously playing better right now but don't know how much OG will hurt Siakam

Better to find out with him on your squad if you can swing it.

3 hours ago, chud12 said:

Does everyone really think Nurse won't just go and play this dude 20 min. some nights?? Great game tonight but you can't teach stupid and I bet this coach will do just that a lot and drive owners nuts... 

Yeah only players that have been safe with minutes are Lowry, Kawhi when not resting lol, and DGreen. I think we can expect 23-25 min with OG back 

I trust him. I made extensive search on him last year and he passed all the tests. It really is only about minutes and I feel he will force his coaches hand and end up on the closer to the 30 minutes range. Ibaka, Vala, OG out and he immediately benefits. They do have deep bench though. But Poetl is out this year.

I love the kid. I hope I had room for him on my team. 

I know he worked his a** off with Rico Hines in the off season, he was the only player there every single day. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, bsu27 said:

I know he worked his a** off with Rico Hines in the off season, he was the only player there every single day. 

Chris Copeland must-add run don't walk

2 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

I trust him. I made extensive search on him last year and he passed all the tests. It really is only about minutes and I feel he will force his coaches hand and end up on the closer to the 30 minutes range. Ibaka, Vala, OG out and he immediately benefits. They do have deep bench though. But Poetl is out this year.

I love the kid. I hope I had room for him on my team. 

I think 30min might be pushing it.  The 3 most used lineups for the Raps so far this season all have Siakam at PF and Ibaka and JVal splitting the C mins.  However the next 2 most used all have OG in instead of Siakam and this includes the games with OG out.  I think it's roughly looking like a timeshare between OG and Siakam at this stage.  Maybe Siakam hits around 20-25min if everyone is healthy?

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam
  • Like 1

I'm from Toronto so I've watched every game so far - I also happen to have him in both the leagues I'm playing.  I think he will end up in the 26-28 mpg by year's end, right now him and OG are sharing the 4 but they will also share some time on the floor together as the 3/4 combo as they are both a huge part of Toronto's program/future.  Kawhi's been needed more than we'd want up to this point and once we start facing some of the lower end teams we'll blow them out and won't need to run Lowry/Kawhi out for 35mpg, with the team's depth I think they would prefer to get him and Lowry into the 33 mpg range. 

Coach Nurse has also been giving run to the whole rotation early season, but inevitably some of the guys will eventually play themselves out of the rotation from showing they are not deserving of the mins.  And Pascal's recent play has probably earned him more minutes moving forward at the expense of some of the end of rotation guys.

• Like 1