Sign in to follow this  
MillenWasmyFavorite

Jaylen Brown Season Outlook 2018-2019

Thoughts?

Can be had fairly late -- currently projected to out do his ADP.

Talking points definitely centered around him being on a team that is boasting some of the most impressive depth in recent years. 

Obviously the return of Hayward will hurt his value but I can see him definitely coming off the bench for a sixth man role and still putting up top 100 value. This is obviously all hypothetical but he can be a good handcuff option if Hayward or Tatum gets hurt. 

10 minutes ago, sunz0r said:

Obviously the return of Hayward will hurt his value but I can see him definitely coming off the bench for a sixth man role and still putting up top 100 value. This is obviously all hypothetical but he can be a good handcuff option if Hayward or Tatum gets hurt. 

well,last season he is starter and play more than 30 mins but still rank outside top 150...with hayward and irving return,his usage will go down and I don't know how brown can putting up top 100 value :huh:

• Like 3

I wanted to buy him this year but I just couldn't. I like him as a real life player ebcause he is an electric scorer but fantasy wise I just don't see it. 

36 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Seems like no one wants him....

...which means he'll be cheap and have good sleeper potential.

Always wise to bet on talent.

Theres always a Celtics fan in every league who will draft him too high and ruin any value he would’ve had if he was on the waivers where (based on last year and the return of Hayward) he probably should be. 

1 hour ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Theres always a Celtics fan in every league who will draft him too high and ruin any value he would’ve had if he was on the waivers where (based on last year and the return of Hayward) he probably should be. 

This is 100% true. And itll probably be me. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lob City99 said:

dropable in a 12 man league? Standard Cats

In order to be dropped, he had to be either drafted (yuck), or picked off waivers (bigger yuck). He went undrafted in all 7 of my leagues, and has been sitting on the wire in all 7, so..........

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ajax said:

In order to be dropped, he had to be either drafted (yuck), or picked off waivers (bigger yuck). He went undrafted in all 7 of my leagues, and has been sitting on the wire in all 7, so..........

Correction, he did get drafted in the last round in one of my roto leagues, but got dropped after the first game. Still sitting on the wire there too.

9 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Correction, he did get drafted in the last round in one of my roto leagues, but got dropped after the first game. Still sitting on the wire there too.

Yeah, but that was our live draft where @superjew brought like a 4-foot tall bottle of scotch to the draft room. We weren't exactly sober when Brown was drafted. :lol:

• Haha 1

Probable today....do we think he is going to be consitent enough going forward?

out of all of celtics first unit guys not named kyrie irving, jaylen is actually the one that plays the hardest, sure he would benefit more on offense if hayward wasnt there but it is what it is...

Headache from the beginning of the season till now, his stock is plummeting with Hayward playing 30 + , Hayward is shooting horrendous and brown is suffering for no reason. I don’t get why the Celtics are playing Hayward so much, it would be better to trade Hayward and allow brown to flourish as the main SF. Celtics are trying to scrap any pride they can to make Hayward the Star they thought he would be when signed but after his injury there is no incentive to keep Hayward, I would play brown 35+ and let him thrive. Watching kyrie take 25 shots hurts so bad ugh

Edited by CityBaller8

They can't trade Hayward if his value is so low but if he plays better his value goes up and they can't really trade him then. Unless they get a really good piece for him.

I think Jaylen is stuck in the same boat as Rozier. I would buy low in a Dynasty team only.