chimera

Ben Simmons 2018-2019 Season Outlook

5 hours ago, absknicks said:

I disagree. Inability to shoot outside of 8-feet, poor FT shooter, poor defender...  all glaring weaknesses to me. He was really exposed last year in the playoffs, figured it would've lit a fire under him to improve but I haven't seen much progress from last season yet. 

lol what? 

what is your idea of a good defender?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dman0506 said:

lol what? 

what is your idea of a good defender?

Watch the games

40 minutes ago, absknicks said:

Watch the games

I have to agree.  I expected a bit more from what I've seen so far from Simmons.  As for the off season, work on your damn weaknesses! Improve your game and it will also reflect on the teams overall play as well.  Don't get me wrong, he is a beast but if he could of added a more confident mid range game along with a 3 pointer stroke, man, skies the damn limit for Simmons!

1 hour ago, phatjonny2001 said:

I have to agree.  I expected a bit more from what I've seen so far from Simmons.  As for the off season, work on your damn weaknesses! Improve your game and it will also reflect on the teams overall play as well.  Don't get me wrong, he is a beast but if he could of added a more confident mid range game along with a 3 pointer stroke, man, skies the damn limit for Simmons!

He improved his shot from what it was while he missed an entire year with injury. Shooting isn't something you can learn in one summer. Especially from 3, midrange, and FT. That is an unrealistic ask of a kid that needs to clean up his post play since that is where he has to operate. He isn't at the point of just focusing on weaknesses. He needs to improve everywhere. I would rather see him be a master at some than below average in most (we all know he isn't getting to average from the stripe, midrange, and 3 in one offseason). 

• Like 4

Ibaka-Siakam-Leonard-Green. Good luck getting in the lane. This is where you see the limit of not having a jumper beyond 5 feet.

• Like 1

Come on man, only 4 FGA?  Yes Embiid had it going but Reddick and Muscala both had 10 fgs a piece.  Wish he scored more consistently.

On a side note his ft% is improving.

1 minute ago, summersoff7 said:

Butler trade good or bad for our boy Ben?

Just now, taenggg said:

Bad

If you are looking at points... But don't think they are taking the ball out of his hands.

Just now, taenggg said:

I think his ast will drop. More stocks possibly. 

Actually think they can improve... Jimmy can shoot. This move hurts embiid more than Simmons. Embiid usage will be down down down

6 minutes ago, bouncethatp@ss said:

Actually think they can improve... Jimmy can shoot. This move hurts embiid more than Simmons. Embiid usage will be down down down

No, it won't effect Embiid. You gotta account for the departure of Saric and Covington. We'll see what happens. Jimmy plays the 2 and 3 position.

• Like 1

Simmons cleaning up those Butler bricks = more rebounds

Simmons finding and dishing the ball off to Butler = more assists

Simmons finding himself in open lanes because opposing defenses have to account for Butler = more points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

how could this trade be bad? it's not like Ben scores alot of points anyway. if anything this is good. Ben will have more dishes, more open opportunities, more rebounds. 

• Like 1

I think if anything, his value will go up. Plus, if Jimmy f***s up the Simmons/Embiid synergy, he'll probably be shipped out again lol

• Like 1