iowncrazyhair

Derrick White 2018-2019 Season Outlook

2 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

He just needs 1.1 stls and 0.7 blks to get there and he looks like a guy that gets both wherever he has played.

That is still an aggressive prediction.  I have seen his college stats but that would be a stretch to say especially .7 blk will translate to NBA level.  I personally hope so because I own a few shares.

As a third PG to my roster, it's no brainer. Picked this guy up and was impressed after what I read post game. Those are his minutes and if he can provide those rare stocks, he definitely needs to be on your roster.

1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

That is still an aggressive prediction.  I have seen his college stats but that would be a stretch to say especially .7 blk will translate to NBA level.  I personally hope so because I own a few shares.

Well his college blocks were way over 1 and in GLeague he had 1.17, so that's why i don't think .7 is aggressive. The guy just had 2 blks yesterday. BBM projects him at 0.9 blks.

6 hours ago, bennyschilty said:

Rozier vs Beverly vs Lin Vs White. The only PGs left on my waiver, Derrick White is a no brainer?

Run don’t walk. He should be picked up by now in all competitive leagues. I myself am looking to draft him after pick 100.

Dropped Hezonja for him as soon as I saw the box score and Pop’s confirmation that he Will start PG rest of the season. Even tho I already had Jamal Murray and Pat Bev, I Agree with previous posts that it’s a no brainer for us with punt assists teams. 

Where are we taking this guy pick wise? It would be great to land him well outside the top 100 when I draft on Saturday.

Edited by flat_eric

30 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

Where are we taking this guy pick wise? It would be great to land him well outside the top 100 when I draft on Saturday.

Should be last 2 round

Even as a starter, I’m hesitant to pick him up. More playing time doesn’t always translate to more production (especially on the Spurs), and I’m unsure of his general ability to rack up stats. Please correct me if I’m wrong...

• Like 1

He is passing the eyes test. Maybe because his looks resemble Slow Mo, but he seems to be "right" in a Spurs uniform. Pop was pretty quick to comes out and appoints him as the starting PG.

If you are picking a PG playing for Pop and expecting a high assists, you are delusional. But as a starter that most likely will get around 24.0-26.0mins, I think it is safe to expect 10.0pt/4.0reb/3.5ast/0.9stl/0.8blk/1.5TO/1.0 3pt

If he stays healthy, I honestly think that is his floor.

Basketball-reference per 36 minutes projecting him as:

15.2pt/6.7reb/3.0ast/1.1stl/0.8blk/1.8TO/1.8 3pt

That looks about right.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ginocan said:

He is passing the eyes test. Maybe because his looks resemble Slow Mo, but he seems to be "right" in a Spurs uniform. Pop was pretty quick to comes out and appoints him as the starting PG.

If you are picking a PG playing for Pop and expecting a high assists, you are delusional. But as a starter that most likely will get around 24.0-26.0mins, I think it is safe to expect 10.0pt/4.0reb/3.5ast/0.9stl/0.8blk/1.5TO/1.0 3pt

If he stays healthy, I honestly think that is his floor.

Basketball-reference per 36 minutes projecting him as:

15.2pt/6.7reb/3.0ast/1.1stl/0.8blk/1.8TO/1.8 3pt

That looks about right.

I like that projection a lot relative to about 30 Mins. I would be happy with that considering he was free.

I just dropped for Forbes.

EDIT: Mills was already rostered.

Edited by aemgraze

17 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Derrick white out 6-8 weeks to heel injury. Whose the pickup Mills now?

Barely saw a difference when he started last year with Parker out (before murrays breakout) dull fantasy game

58 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Derrick white out 6-8 weeks to heel injury. Whose the pickup Mills now?

Pau Gasol. Neither Mills nor Forbes is a facilitator, so they'll have to run things through Gasol a large portion of the time. He should be a serious triple-double threat for the first six weeks of the season.

I think Pop will call The Logo for Beverly this evening :P

What is happening :(

With the West loaded. SAS might possibly miss the playoffs this season. Wow.

Reminds me of my d’antoni lakers with every pg going down. Then they had to play Kobe at the 1. 

Seeing the same thing might happen to derozan