iowncrazyhair

Derrick White 2018-2019 Season Outlook

2 hours ago, tremixt said:

Timeshare with who? His minutes are not affected by Gay. Two different roles/positions. He's a lock for 25-30 minutes. Like someone mentioned above, good bet for top 100 productive going forward.

With Forbes of course.

Also NBA is more or less positionless nowadays.   Of course Gay plays a different position but the fact of the matter is minutes are distributed based on lineups/matchups, not positions per se.  

Overall, I just want to see some consistency so fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, HotSauce24 said:

With Forbes of course.

Also NBA is more or less positionless nowadays.   Of course Gay plays a different position but the fact of the matter is minutes are distributed based on lineups/matchups, not positions per se.  

by the time you see consistency, he won't be on the waiver anymore, but of course depends on the size of your league

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HotSauce24 said:

With Forbes of course.

I think you are referencing the ability to switch on defense and space the floor. More flexibility than positionless imo. White has size, can guard multiple positions, create, and space. He is the player that everyone else holding Spurs guards/wings should be worried about. 

14 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

I think you are referencing the ability to switch on defense and space the floor. More flexibility than positionless imo. White has size, can guard multiple positions, create, and space. He is the player that everyone else holding Spurs guards/wings should be worried about. 

This is why I see him playing more minutes than the 30-ish that Forbes got as the starter. No reason for White to not play 30+ minutes.

8 hours ago, thezing1 said:

Do you know what the next highest bid was? 8 cat or 9 cat? Assume $100 budget. Thanks

9 cat, and yes a $100 budget. Much to my chagrin no one else put in a claim. I overspent but I had to make sure I got him as I needed another PG.

Looking good second game back on the court. I am pretty sure if he have a decent game tonight he will be gone in most leagues. It's not easy to find a PG that can contribute in the Steal and Block department. He should be able to avg. 5 AST per game with all those guys around him. 

• Like 2

BBM projects him to be the 62nd ranked player, with averages of 13.1/5.8/4.4/1.1/0.9 with 1.3 threes on 43% shooting in 31 minutes.

If he does manage to put up these numbers (1/1/1!), which I believe is very possible, we could have a WW steal on our hands.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

BBM projects him to be the 62nd ranked player, with averages of 13.1/5.8/4.4/1.1/0.9 with 1.3 threes on 43% shooting in 31 minutes.

If he does manage to put up these numbers (1/1/1!), which I believe is very possible, we could have a WW steal on our hands.

Wow.  That's pretty solid.  Do their projections typically come close to reality?  That's a pretty solid stat line.

Dammit, I really want this guy but I don't really have any drops, unless I switch Shai with him. I really don't wanna drop Shai either though lol. 

2 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Dammit, I really want this guy but I don't really have any drops, unless I switch Shai with him. I really don't wanna drop Shai either though lol. 

I switched Shai for White because I need more scoring and dimes from my PG. Shai seems too passive on offense for me

22 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Wow.  That's pretty solid.  Do their projections typically come close to reality?  That's a pretty solid stat line.

I'm also wondering.

I've only used Hashtag and they rank Derrick White as the 132nd.

But their Scouting Report is pretty accurate. The Scouting Report from Week 1 correctly predicted our League Ranking for Week 3/4.

4 minutes ago, Nate1213 said:

Is he worth a pick-up in a 10 team league? Debating dropping Knox for him. 

I have him in my 10. I think he'll be worth it as your 3rd string pg.

• Like 2

I remember when certain individuals were jumping on my throat when I mentioned a time share...

Just one game but knowing Pop who brought along Murray with kid gloves, I doubt his philosophy will change all of a sudden. 

1 minute ago, HotSauce24 said:

I remember when certain individuals were jumping on my throat when I mentioned a time share...

Just one game but knowing Pop who brought along Murray with kid gloves, I doubt his philosophy will change all of a sudden. 

The guy is coming back from a planter fascia injury. We might see White limited to around 25-30 min. tops for a while in hopes of no reaggravation. 

7 minutes ago, chud12 said:

The guy is coming back from a planter fascia injury. We might see White limited to around 25-30 min. tops for a while in hopes of no reaggravation. 

That's the other thing, it is a nagging injury. So many signs pointing to a time share/limit. 

14 hours ago, Espoiral said:

The projections seem incredibly generous to me

The points seem fine but rebound and assists seem like 2 too many in both categories. Stocks and percentages seem realistic tho

Edited by Boogie Buckets

1 hour ago, t0087669 said:

only 26 minutes tonight, anyone watched the game? How was he tonight?

He looked decent. Nothing that wowed me but definitely passes the eye test. Pop seems to be easing him back in. One play, He pumped at the 3 and drove in but smoked a wide open layup. That was the only negative. He doesn’t have great speed  and didn’t close the game in this one. Mills came in with like 2 minutes left.