iowncrazyhair

Derrick White 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, thezing1 said:

RW reporting a meniscus tear. Is this real? I can't find anything on google. 

Error on Spurs' part.  It was meant for Lonnie Walker.

Edited by gill2k
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, gill2k said:

They fixed it.  it was meant for Lonnie Walker.

Jeez, that would have been some crazy bad luck. Glad to see the kid is healthy and has a chance to carve out his place in the league. 

47 minutes ago, gill2k said:

Error on Spurs' part.  It was meant for Lonnie Walker.

So you're saying my voodoo doll actually worked!

Had Murray last year and it was frustrating, since Pop had such a short leash on him. I think this will be the case with White, but going to ride it out and see.

Edited by cujosevic
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, cujosevic said:

Had Murray last year and it was frustrating, since Pop had such a short leash on him. I think this will be the case with White, but going to ride it out and see.

I'll just stream him this week for assists. I'll drop him for Nance for their 5 consecutive 4 game weeks. I agree with the short leash.

Edited by DameOfThrones

Playing like junk so far on both ends of the floor, but it's a hold for me. He missed almost all of preseason and the start of the reg season. I'm banking on him coming into better form as the season progresses.

I'm watching right now and he kinda play likes like Kyle Anderson in a smaller body wherein he looks like he's floating like a butterfly on the court. Is he Kyle Anderson? You'll never know if you squint hard enough.

• Haha 2

I was all over holding him for sure. Not so convinced now. It's pretty clear he's gonna have to earn his minutes. He hasn't gotten any leash at all tonight. 

Forbes and Mills both have 28 and 23 minutes so far, respectively. Not sure if White is worth holding on to if there's someone enticing on the wire.

He is basically a rookie that had no preseason. If you expected smooth sailing I don't know what to tell you. He will be up and down, just like he has been in NBA preseason and regular season games. Plus be needs to adjust to a regular season DeRozan that eats alot. If you don't have patience I would advise cutting and moving on. 

In addition to looking really confused on d, he made 2 really bad offensive plays early in the 3rd and got pulled. Makes me think this guy's going to be really inconsistent under pop. On his good days he's maybe top 80 if we're generous, couple that with extreme inconsistency and seems like he's probably not worth holding in standard.

Will guys like White & Monte produce like Ish & Augustin until they prove themselves consistently? I'm wondering when & if it will happen this season. White's advantage over Monte is the possibility for more usage is there as there's only LMA, DeMar, & Rudy to play behind on while Monte has to worry for Barton & IT's eventual return.

4 minutes ago, mihs said:

In addition to looking really confused on d, he made 2 really bad offensive plays early in the 3rd and got pulled. Makes me think this guy's going to be really inconsistent under pop. On his good days he's maybe top 80 if we're generous, couple that with extreme inconsistency and seems like he's probably not worth holding in standard.

Pop is the key here. I can't imagine him being so good in his good game to overcome these kind of games. He's just going to be a super risky option at all times more then likely. He's a luxury hold. It's the same old Spurs. They don't care about fantasy and they never will. DeRozan and Aldridge excluded of course. The rest are a bunch of jambalaya.

Uh, what a stinker. Got subbed out in the middle of the third quarter and never came back in. He got Beverlyd.