iowncrazyhair

Derrick White 2018-2019 Season Outlook

So much for the hype between the two hottest Waiver Wire PG pickups this week. I guess winner goes to SGA but both disappointed for all of us to see. Was really hoping to see a show btwn the two to resolve the AC forum question about who has the higher ceiling. 

4 hours ago, Cpxaztec said:

Was Patrick Beverley guarding him? He sucked pretty hard tonight.

Yes he did, I watched the game and PatBev was all up in his grill and the couple times White broke free he got overexcited and rushed his shot.  We've seen all star PGs throw up stinkers vs Beverly so I'm not panic dropping.

4 minutes ago, Rproflmao said:

Decided to drop him for Kris Dunn... bad decision?

I would keep White a bit longer but who knows... Sometimes fantasy basketball is like predicting weather with a couple of sticks. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, pinhigh said:

For those who've seen the games/Spurs fans...is White's role primarily a bring -the-ball to Derozan/spot-up shooter? Thinking about making the switch to Forbes (I'm a punt ast team); to avoid this being AC, is White more of a facilitator/ball-handler than Forbes (who is more of a pure spot-up shooter)?

White has all the tools , can shoot,  can drive and dish, knock down the three. It was a back to back and if there was any indication of what he could bring it would be the game prior to this dud. Then again he salvaged it late with a few 3s but you have to give players at least a good sample size of games before pulling the trigger to cut. Thing with white is his injury is specific to his game which requires him to be Healthy. He plays with a calm confidence and very shifty.

32 minutes ago, CityBaller8 said:

White has all the tools , can shoot,  can drive and dish, knock down the three. It was a back to back and if there was any indication of what he could bring it would be the game prior to this dud. Then again he salvaged it late with a few 3s but you have to give players at least a good sample size of games before pulling the trigger to cut. Thing with white is his injury is specific to his game which requires him to be Healthy. He plays with a calm confidence and very shifty.

Why is he playing if he's still injured?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kaboom said:

Why is he playing if he's still injured?

Ah , I meant on a back to back pop wasn’t gonna rush him coming back on the injury to the tendon aligning the bottom of his foot. It’s most likely still sore , usually players will test it out and see how it responds, every time you play small tears occur to every part of the tendon or muscle. Every player is different in terms of how the injury responds 

2 minutes ago, pinhigh said:

lol aight guy...asking about how a guy plays in his own thread I guess isn't allowed?

It was a nice try. Need to be sneakier next time. You even acknowledge in your post the AC-like question.

Getting back to the thread/somewhat your question, Forbes is a shooter. White is the guy more capable of playmaking. He's just coming back from injury. I believe he'll be a steady contributor when he's fully back up to speed. 

Edited by tremixt
  • Thanks 1

Honestly he's right, don't know why yall have to be so uptight about posts like that. 

Anyways think the majority of everyone here are overreacting, dude might have dropped 2 clunkers but he literally just came back from injury and is starting, gonna stay with him unless this becomes a consistent thing.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, papocrain said:

I already moved on from White since his last dud. Hard to trust him (a rookie) who's playing in a Spurs system.

He's not a rookie.

Just throwing it out there that it may be for match up purposes as Iggy was in the starting line up. 

Vomit. 

It was a small sample-size, but the starting lineup with White had a net rating of -35. Rudy Gay was promoted to the starting lineup tonight, allowing DeMar DeRozan to handle the ball more, and the result was a much-needed win vs. the Warriors. White has a chance to lead the second unit but he needs to start making some shots -- he came in with a morbid True Shooting percentage of 46.3%, second-worst on the team.