iowncrazyhair

Derrick White 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Just now, sickrookie said:

Both he and SGA's status from add city to drop city in a week.

SGA still a hold in my book.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, bmoney0111 said:

I’m thinking about cutting as soon tonight game locked in and use this spot to stream.

Must be nice to be allowed to do that

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 11:29 AM, chud12 said:

Vomit. 

It was a small sample-size, but the starting lineup with White had a net rating of -35. Rudy Gay was promoted to the starting lineup tonight, allowing DeMar DeRozan to handle the ball more, and the result was a much-needed win vs. the Warriors. White has a chance to lead the second unit but he needs to start making some shots -- he came in with a morbid True Shooting percentage of 46.3%, second-worst on the team. 

What's up with his negative net rating?  Never heard that he was a bad defender.  Maybe the not so fully healed heel is limiting him?  His shooting is terrible too.  I think I'll hold him for a little while, since I had earlier dropped Siakam and learned to regret it haha.  Not saying same level but there's not much out there.  

Man I was so happy to get blocks from a guard. What a dissapointment this guy was till now. Dropped for streaming.

Minutes trending up, he was out there in crunch time today. His assist numbers have been nice but not sure he'll see much in the way of scoring opportunities next to DeRozan, Aldridge, and Gay. 

College stats showed stock potential but not seeing much so far as a pro. 

Thoughts?

He's the best PG on the Spurs. Mills is an average back-up and good to have around but you won't get any upside. Same with Forbes. Forbes only gets minutes because injuries to Murray-White..........White was supposed to be the starter after Murray injury. Then White was out.

White has played 23+ minutes the last 4 games. I think as long as he is playing 27-30 minutes - I fully expect it now that he seems to be healthy - Doesn't matter if he is starting. He is the best they have right now. And he was a +21 tonight. I think he is rounding into form. Looking at Top 120 or better the rest of season. I picked him up in a 20 team Dynasty league and dropped Evan Turner.

ROS stats - 28 minutes - 11 pts -  5 asts - 0.9 3pts - 0.9 stls........Nothing great but........Those are a few of my thoughts.

• Like 1

betting on this guy to get good solid minutes and production tonight!!!

... why?

because I'm in a tight matchup against someone in a very competitive league.

let's go White!

• Like 1

Don’t own him, but watching the Spurs vs Suns and man... its a blowout and White is struggling with his shot, but Pop keeps taking him out after a couple bad possessions. You know what you have in Forbes and Mills. Let White play the whole 4th and go through the growing pains.