Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fawkes_mulder

Rate my team / help me fix it? WHIR. Made some draft mistakes.

I hate my team, would appreciate any feedback:

Screen grab below:

ujfAbOe.jpg

Slotted Westbrook into IR and picked up Trevor Ariza. Otherwise roster is the same now.

9 cats, DD instead of turnovers. Looks like I am triple punting points and both ratios. Very strong in rebounds, double doubles, assists. Questionmark in 3s, steals, blocks. Was hoping I would lock 3s, steals, and blocks up, but I doubt I did.

What should I do from here? Let it ride and see if DSJ, Josh Jackson, Portis, Barton, etc. all breakout? I think at least a couple will, will have a better idea how ugly this is after the season starts probably...

I'm assuming you're a Lakers fan with this many lakers. Think you got a lot of risky players with question marks. Lonzo at the 4th round seems like a reach to me. 

I think there isn't much you can do right now to see how players are then make moves. 

Thanks for helping with mine. 

Lonzo was taken wayyyyy too early. So many other good picks at 4th-5th round. Im guessing homer pick?

Hard to get trades right now, so maybe we need to check FA fornow. Which FAs are available?

hard to win punting both fg and ft; normally you punt one but not noth. Try getting more bigmen to increase your fg%, there are many good ones late in the draft (siakam, maybe hernangomez, len, etc)

in summary, your draft wouldve been workable if you didnt draft lonzo that early. Now it’s a bit hard, but we can wait and see any potential breakouts.

thanks for helping with mine

2 hours ago, dotanesca said:

Lonzo was taken wayyyyy too early. So many other good picks at 4th-5th round. Im guessing homer pick?

Hard to get trades right now, so maybe we need to check FA fornow. Which FAs are available?

hard to win punting both fg and ft; normally you punt one but not noth. Try getting more bigmen to increase your fg%, there are many good ones late in the draft (siakam, maybe hernangomez, len, etc)

in summary, your draft wouldve been workable if you didnt draft lonzo that early. Now it’s a bit hard, but we can wait and see any potential breakouts.

thanks for helping with mine

Immediately regretted the lonzo pick too. Yeah, a lakers fan, but I don't even like lonzo that much IRL. Anyways, thanks.

I dont like the DSJ pick as his first year was so bad it gives me nightmares.

Lonzo is a huge question mark this year and Melo has really low upside.

You did get good value out of late picks for KCP, Levert and Portis though.

I would try get rid of either DSJ/Lonzo for a more reliable PG such as Collison or maybe even Teague.

The rest is probably just wait and see.

1 hour ago, blob2004 said:

I dont like the DSJ pick as his first year was so bad it gives me nightmares.

Lonzo is a huge question mark this year and Melo has really low upside.

You did get good value out of late picks for KCP, Levert and Portis though.

I would try get rid of either DSJ/Lonzo for a more reliable PG such as Collison or maybe even Teague.

The rest is probably just wait and see.

In a normal 9 cat, I probably wouldn’t have drafted DSJ considering he’ll probably turn the ball over a ton. But there’s no turnovers here, Dirk is injured/old, and Doncic is a rookie/even younger than DSJ. Have a feeling DSJ will be a focal point of the offense and is a prime candidate to take a step forwards this year.

lonzo pick wasn’t great, agree.

melo probably won’t be worse than last year. 

yeah, that is a rough squad my friend..damn.......well, if it were me... I would try to trade  westbrook, and punt assists and FT%....u have Drummond and Ayton which should be nice for rebs, fg%, blocks ... ..trade westbrook for , hmmm...for Dipo, (although, owner probably wont), leonard(health risk, but , so far so good), Butler (sort of risky for trade reasons)....basically, for a SG/SF type who has good FG%, decent rebs, and three's.........luckily, Lonzo does not shoot a ton, so, really, his low fg% isn't too much of a killer and even though, he should not have been drafted in the 4th, he can be useful to this "build",  as he hits 3's and has good rebs and blocks for a PG....(yes, he will take a hit with rondo)...portis works, especially, with Laurie out ( would try to trade him though after the first three weeks or so, assuming he is producing )....Barton is solid....would try to trade smith jr as soon has he has a good game or two......Anthony is rough, damn, probably wont be able to trade him even....but, he does shoot three's, so that helps.....ibaka works..(blocks, fg%, 3's , few boards)- ..pope works...(fg% is nto great...but, 3's , low t/o's ,steals)....well, I guess that is about all I got... in summary.. I say try to build on FG%, REBS, Blocks, TO's and 3's....I don't think u will have a shot at assists, ft%, points or steals...

sorry.. my error.. u explained that ur league replaced TO's with DD....I would still focus on punting assists and FT%...but, instead of trading westbrook for , dipo, leonard  or butler.. I would look toward more of a combo deal.. like , for instance westbrook for like Bledso and Kanter or like, Gary Harris/Vucevic type of deal

No desire to trade Westbrook in a double doubles league with no turnovers.

understandable.. but, injury and fg% is a killer ,. I think he could get more value on name alone