DidiFan

Chris Paul 2018-19 Season Outlook

Paul (hamstring) is expected to return to action sometime next week, Salman Ali of USA Today Sports reports.
ANALYSIS
Paul has been inactive since Dec. 22 with a strained hamstring and appears as though he is on-track to make his return within the next week. Looking ahead, the Rockets have three games next week following their matchup against the Lakers on Saturday and beginning Monday, Paul will likely be tabbed as a game-time decision. As reported earlier, coach Mike D'Antoni stated that the team does not intend to rush their start point guard back too quickly, so it may end up being next Friday's contest against the Reports before Paul makes his awaited return to the floor.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Are we thinking he rests back to backs?

ROS, it will depend on Rockets' place in the standings. For the first 2 weeks after the return, i am sure that he will not play on back-to-backs.

Coach Mike D'Antoni said Monday that he's "hopeful" Paul (hamstring) could be back by the end of the week, Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle reports.

Spin: Paul hasn't played in nearly a calendar month, but he's in the latter stages of his recovery from a hamstring injury and has been taking part in on-court work at recent practices. The veteran will not play Monday in Philadelphia or Wednesday in New York, but the hope is that he could make his return Friday (vs. TOR) or Sunday (vs. ORL), before the Rockets hit the road for a four-game trip.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Contradicting reports from the TNT broadcast (sideline reporter) who mentioned that D'Antoni told her that CP3 will return end of NEXT week. Not sure who to believe.

Chris Paul (strained left hamstring) is questionable for Friday's game vs. Toronto.

CP3 returned to practice last Friday, at which point coach Mike D'Antoni said he was "maybe a week away" from returning. If he sits out again on Friday, we could see him for another home game vs. the Magic on Sunday. Once he is cleared, James Harden's otherworldly offensive burden will be eased a bit, while guys like Eric Gordon and Austin Rivers stand to lose some minutes.

I think sunday is the better bet.

I really like how this guy has been bowling on the side including the state farm celebrity tournament that he recently hosted.

2 hours ago, x2tweaker said:

I really like how this guy has been bowling on the side including the state farm celebrity tournament that he recently hosted.

You sure that's not Cliff Paul?

And yeah, Sunday seems more likely, unless they want him returning against Lowry and the Raptors' defense.  :/

Thank god CP3 is back so I can replace Dinwiddie and simply make the IR swap (soon).

That being said, CP3 wasn't exactly his normal self even before the injury, so if I get anything around Top 100 value from my second-rounder, I'm actually not too upset.  Well, upset for drafting him in the first place, but whatever.  I highly doubt he plays B2B sets at all ROS, and there's probably gonna be heavy restrictions on him for a long time.

3 minutes ago, MWon said:

You sure that's not Cliff Paul?

And yeah, Sunday seems more likely, unless they want him returning against Lowry and the Raptors' defense.  :/

Thank god CP3 is back so I can replace Dinwiddie and simply make the IR swap (soon).

That being said, CP3 wasn't exactly his normal self even before the injury, so if I get anything around Top 100 value from my second-rounder, I'm actually not too upset.  Well, upset for drafting him in the first place, but whatever.  I highly doubt he plays B2B sets at all ROS, and there's probably gonna be heavy restrictions on him for a long time.

Nvm, he's hosting the yearly state farm celebrity tournament next week. Would not be surprised if he has been bowling on the side

4 minutes ago, x2tweaker said:

Nvm, he's hosting the yearly state farm celebrity tournament next week. Would not be surprised if he has been bowling on the side

NBA-bboat-lede.jpg.e44ed444d15bb62abac4b0b2756e96a7.jpg

Banana Boat!!

Paul (hamstring), who is listed as questionable for Friday, is more likely to return for Sunday's game against the Magic, Tim MacMahon of ESPN.com reports.

Sooo, out today and questionable Sunday. Picked this guy up with a #1 waiver. Hope it's worth it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, reverb said:

Sooo, out today and questionable Sunday. Picked this guy up with a #1 waiver. Hope it's worth it!

Unless you're in an 8-team, it probably was worth the #1 waiver.  As annoying as CP3 is (and will be), he's still CP3.  Dunno how someone can toss him to waivers, considering they paid a 2nd round pick or so for him.

23 hours ago, MWon said:

Unless you're in an 8-team, it probably was worth the #1 waiver.  As annoying as CP3 is (and will be), he's still CP3.  Dunno how someone can toss him to waivers, considering they paid a 2nd round pick or so for him.

Yeah I couldn’t believe it when I saw he was dropped. I’ve owned him in past seasons so I understand the ups and downs he’ll bring. Had no choice though!

Looks like he’ll be ready to go tomorrow. Let’s go Cliff Paul!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, reverb said:

Yeah I couldn’t believe it when I saw he was dropped. I’ve owned him in past seasons so I understand the ups and downs he’ll bring. Had no choice though!

Looks like he’ll be ready to go tomorrow. Let’s go Cliff Paul!

MAYBE.  He's questionable now.  Looks like a juicy matchup if he does play though, against DJA and the Magic.

25 minutes ago, BoogieNights said:

In a weekly league... safe to assume that he'll sit one of the b2b's this weekend?

There is no need to risk his health now, when they are in top 8 and play good. I am prepared for CP3 playing one game in b2b ROS.

could be rest in b2b game rest of the season

Houston Rockets head coach Mike D’Antoni says All-Star point guard Chris Paul could sit out back-to-backs for the rest of the season.

Do y'all notice anything about Paul this year?

I get that his FG% sucks due to his legs being so weak that he doesn't get the same lift on his jumpers, causing them to fall short.

But I've been watching his games (I hate CP3, but I wasted a 2nd rounder on him), and it seems that he's just so careless with the ball--his handle is shot and he throws some of the dumbest passes that I've seen, leading them to either be easily stolen or tipped.

While I don't like CP3, he's obviously one of the best PGs of all time and is historically excellent about taking care of the ball, equaling his usually elite 9-cat value.  This year though, there's just no excuse for how he's treating the ball.  Y'all seeing what I'm seeing?

• Like 1

Spoke too soon: CP3 does a no-look backwards pass through his legs at halfcourt to Harden when Bridges was right behind him, and without any pressure at all.  

I don't think I've seen anything that dumb since Kendrick Perkins did the same thing and did a behind the back pass to Kobe for his Shaqtin feature.

EDIT:  Also, if you're wondering why CP3 doesn't have as many assists as he usually does, he's passed to Faried twice (one of those times it just bounced out of Faried's hands when Faried was staring a hole at him) and passed to Tucker for about 4 different long-range bricks.  Seriously, why does anyone guard Tucker at the 3-point line?

Anyway, it's not just Harden's ball dominance that's affecting CP3.  It's a big, big difference from lob-city for CP3...

Edited by MWon

His legs remind me Kobe`s after the Achilles injury - he moves like in slow motion. Father Time and the 100000 injuries make him look like sad picture today. But, come on, the guy has 4 steals and is very productive in this game. Just not for his adp. Next season, i can see him to be drafted outside top 50, for sure.