fawkes_mulder

Rajon Rondo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

no matter how it turn out for Rondo ROS its a breath of fresh air seeing a guy man up and get back on the court ASAP. too many players milk the hell out of their injuries these days...

 

I guess it's on the individual situation.

 

Rondo hurt a finger, he could still keep up with his conditioning.

 

But if I'm in Kawhi or Jimmy's shoes, and their health could affect their next contract, I can see why they would take every precaution.

 

People gonna question their "manhod" or whatever, but if they get injured and lose out on money, I'm sure they're gonna be like

 

"Psh, I lost a couple million, whatever, I still got my manhood credibility, validated by random people, it was worth it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SkalChriston said:

 

I guess it's on the individual situation.

 

Rondo hurt a finger, he could still keep up with his conditioning.

 

But if I'm in Kawhi or Jimmy's shoes, and their health could affect their next contract, I can see why they would take every precaution.

 

People gonna question their "manhod" or whatever, but if they get injured and lose out on money, I'm sure they're gonna be like

 

"Psh, I lost a couple million, whatever, I still got my manhood credibility, validated by random people, it was worth it."

i hear what your're saying in a way....what was kawhis excuse last year though? his coach/team certainly believed he was healthy enough to play as he sat out the entire year. 

other than those two though there are many other guys who have taken an incredibly long time to come back from injuries. barton, love, IT etc. maybe it just bothers me more b/c i drafted both Love and IT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, 12345game10 said:

any word?

 

12 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

 

Only word is that he is a game time call.

 

Rajon Rondo (finger) will play Thursday.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JimboSlice said:

He's playing, let's ******** go!

Somebody's a bit psyched to have Rondo back I guess.... ;)

 

He is going to have some solid value for a while though since he's the only PG they have now.  It sucks that Ball got hurt, but at least now both of them won't hurt eachother by not getting as much playing time as they could have gotten otherwise.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

Wow 15-6-11 with 3 threes, 2 blocks, and a steal

 

Rondo being Rondo. Love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m tempted to pick him up but how does  LeBron’s return affect his production moving forward? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Boner said:

I’m tempted to pick him up but how does  LeBron’s return affect his production moving forward? 

 

Only healthy PG on that roster. He will play 30 + mins every night while Zo is injured.

Edited by j3rkthenurk
55
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me tell you something....if Rondo keeps balling and the Lakers start winning games you will most likely see him with the lions share of the minutes even when Lonzo comes back. If this guy is still on any of your waiver wires you better pick him up now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

What do we expect from him when LeBron returns?

Pretty similar to his last game (less points than his first game back).  Probably won't average over 10 Assists a game like he has been, but still, he'll be an asset in what he's been providing so far since he'll still be the only PG on the team.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ace_King said:

What do we expect from him when LeBron returns?

 

Well based on what hes averaged for the season alongside LeBron in much less minutes than hes going to get going forward...

 

9/4/10/1.5 steals with ok fg% and bad ft% on nonesixtent attempts, maybe 0.9 threes a game

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Boogie Buckets said:

 

Well based on what hes averaged for the season alongside LeBron in much less minutes than hes going to get going forward...

 

9/4/10/1.5 steals with ok fg% and bad ft% on nonesixtent attempts, maybe 0.9 threes a game

 

One difference is Lonzo Ball will be out and may even be traded. That leaves LeBron and Rondo as ballhandlers/playmakers versus having three of these guys with Ball in the picture.

Edited by Ace_King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Twisted his ankle on the final play of the game and then was limping pretty heavily after. Let's hope it was really minor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Twisted his ankle on the final play of the game and then was limping pretty heavily after. Let's hope it was really minor. 

 

i hope so man this guy has been playing great lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.