fawkes_mulder

Rajon Rondo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

9 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

i hope so man this guy has been playing great lately.

Rajon Rondo limped a bit as he was leaving the court. Luke Walton says he thinks Rondo is fine: I still question mentally what he was doing on that last pass, but I think physically he’s OK.
  • Like 1

If NOP accepts that package for AD, Rondo instantly becomes a league winner. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

Rajon Rondo limped a bit as he was leaving the court. Luke Walton says he thinks Rondo is fine: I still question mentally what he was doing on that last pass, but I think physically he’s OK.

A couple minutes after the final whistle you could see him walking normally in the lockers and talking with Lebron.

3 hours ago, Jin said:

It'd be surprising if Ball came back this season, or at least for much of it.  Their initial timetable for him is way too optimistic for the injury he has.  I think we can safely enjoy the Rondo production for quite some time.

10 hours ago, Jin said:

Theres no small coincidences rondo played with AD in nola and now hes here on the laker #LongLiveTheKing #MoneySchemes #LeGoat

“New starting line up for LAL: Brandon Ingram, Reggie Bullock, LeBron James, Kyle Kuzma and JaVale McGee. Walton hinted pregame that he was thinking about a different line up, and here it is. LeBron/Ingram can handle the ball w/starters, and Rondo control the 2nd unit.”
Edited by chud12

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

“New starting line up for LAL: Brandon Ingram, Reggie Bullock, LeBron James, Kyle Kuzma and JaVale McGee. Walton hinted pregame that he was thinking about a different line up, and here it is. LeBron/Ingram can handle the ball w/starters, and Rondo control the 2nd unit.”

So is this a good or bad thing for his ROS outlook?

2 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

So is this a good or bad thing for his ROS outlook?

I guess we need to see how many min he gets. 

17 minutes ago, chud12 said:

It has to be the matchup tonight - mismatch vs. the almost 8 inches taller than him Simmons. Tonight might be an indicator of his value when Ball eventually comes back, though.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, m1dday said:

It has to be the matchup tonight - mismatch vs. the almost 8 inches taller than him Simmons. Tonight might be an indicator of his value when Ball eventually comes back, though.

I get it obviously. Let’s hope it’s just matchup based. 

9mins in the first half...but tbh this is a nice lakers lineup

28 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

That lineup change worked out real well Walton you ******** idiot.  Just got off beating Celtics and now down 20 to the sixers

I'll give him today's game since they were going up against the much bigger Simmons.  If Rondo doesn't start in their next game, then there's an issue (and is downright stupid).

One could say that Bullock is a solid player, and he is, but he got one basket and hardly got any shots.  That would continue if he started, as he's the 4th option at best in the starting lineup.  I still expect Rondo to be in the starting lineup, if for no other reason than he's a passer first, which makes a lot more sense in the starting lineup.

Still, it was frustrating seeing Rondo be stuck with their horrible bench who couldn't score.  He hardly played in the 4th even when Simmons wasn't on the floor, so even if this was a one game thing, Walton still deserves some criticism.  Rondo was lucky to get the 7 Assists he got since the bench was so bad, which salvaged the game for him.

3 hours ago, megaplayboy said:

might be drop time

Yes, by all means drop a valuable player after one bad game that was likely a product of a rare matchup where the PG is almost 7 feet tall.

People on here love to overreact without putting any thought into it.  Sorry if that's too blunt, but it's true.

• Like 2

Ill wait one more game. It might not be match up though because lakers as a whole is pretty big team. Rondo could of easily guarded riddick instead. There shooting guard kuzma is like 6'9 and ingram lebron all about the same so as a team their actually huge if it was just a match up thing.