fawkes_mulder

Rajon Rondo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Bill OramVerified account @billoram 8m8 minutes ago

The Lakers defense has slipped considerably without Lonzo Ball. Ball is in the fourth week of a 4-6 week recovery from a sprained ankle. He is running on the antigravity treadmill back in LA but has not yet progressed to on-court work. Official update expected after All-Star wknd

more negative news for rondo. If his running i would think after the ASB he could be practicing soon

5 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

Bill OramVerified account @billoram 8m8 minutes ago

The Lakers defense has slipped considerably without Lonzo Ball. Ball is in the fourth week of a 4-6 week recovery from a sprained ankle. He is running on the antigravity treadmill back in LA but has not yet progressed to on-court work. Official update expected after All-Star wknd

more negative news for rondo. If his running i would think after the ASB he could be practicing soon

Level 3 grade sprain is minimum 6-8 weeks. 4-6 weeks is being way too optimisti.

1 hour ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

Fire Walton!!!!

Pretty much.  Anybody with beyond even a little bit of basketball knowledge would know this is completely idiotic.  I've said it many times and I'll say it again.  Starting Bullock is a waste on multiple levels unless they are facing a big PG like Simmons, and even then it proved to be a waste for him as they could have just had Ingram or LeBron guard him at all times.

With that said, Rondo still holds value if he plays more than he did in the last game, and he should.  Even with Ball, he still played in the 20's more often than not.

Still, wow is Walton a moron.  I was on here last year criticizing him plenty when he hard ridiculously large rotations where he played everybody, screwing over Julius Randle.  I laid off of him this season after their strong start and his tightening of the rotations, but he still has little idea what he is doing and is only semi-succeeding this season because LeBron chose to be a Laker.  No offense to the rest of their players like Kuzma (he's become a great scorer), but obviously it's LeBron that has lifted this team up in spite of Walton.

and here i thought of using my 4th waive for rondo. this lineup switch is a total bum. they could easily put ingram off the bench lol

Can't even take anything from this game because the Hawks went small which forced Mcgee to the bench. Rondo benefited. 

• Like 1

The only thing that matters is that he played 34 mins, and had a decent line. I really hope he finds his way back to the starting line up, but damn, 'Bron really does suck the stats out of the people around him.

22 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Can't even take anything from this game because the Hawks went small which forced Mcgee to the bench. Rondo benefited. 

Pretty much, but two embarrassing loses in a row should have Walton rethinking things.  Wait, it's Walton.  Never mind...

Tonight's loss counts as the second in a row because they lost to Atlanta even though it was close.

32 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Couldn't you also say you can't take anything away from the game against simmons? lakers had to go bigger.

13 minutes ago, st1010 said:

Couldn't you also say you can't take anything away from the game against simmons? lakers had to go bigger.

Well the bron at pg lu is looking like it’s sticking so we can take that at least.  

9 minutes ago, Boomdizzle88 said:

You guys gonna ride with Rondo or take a look at Kadeem/Bradley?

I’m holding for now

• Like 1

had to drop mr number 9. walton's lineups are crazy out of line and I think he is trying to get Rondo used to coming off the bench once Lonzo gets back. I know Lonzo is out and should be out past the ASB, but Rondo isn't getting the opportunity that makes him invaluable to me. Picked up Hayward as this is a streaming spot - to be dropped for when Gary Harris gets back. 

Also, I have Kuzma and McGee and dont like the idea of having three players from the same team on fantasy - lineup purposes.

Edited by HBARZ93

2 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Bullock taking some if his minutes, Lakers need another shooter in starting lineup.

Do they really though with LeBron, Kuzma, and Ingram already taking a lot of shots in the starting lineup?  I've always thought the move was a dumb one given how many shots they all get, and not just because I'm also a Rondo owner.

It's a shame too since he's still providing value in Assists, but even I'm ready to put him on my bench at the very least.  Can't really use somebody that struggles to get even 20 minutes a game, especially when the sudden demotion is draining everything but the one category.

32 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Do they really though with LeBron, Kuzma, and Ingram already taking a lot of shots in the starting lineup?  I've always thought the move was a dumb one given how many shots they all get, and not just because I'm also a Rondo owner.

It's a shame too since he's still providing value in Assists, but even I'm ready to put him on my bench at the very least.  Can't really use somebody that struggles to get even 20 minutes a game, especially when the sudden demotion is draining everything but the one category.

Lebron, Kuz, Ingram all average below 35%, Ingram shooting worst out of the 3 at 27.5% so yeah even if Bullock is not taking many shots they need him for spacing and just for that 3pt threat.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fantasick said:

"Playoff Lebron" = the end

No.  It's Luke Walton = the end.  Rondo was still viable up until a few games ago when Walton put Bullock in the starting lineup, and it had already seemed like LeBron was getting into "playoff mode" averaging a triple double per game since returning.  Rondo actually lead the team in Assists last night, but that was all he did.

12 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Lebron, Kuz, Ingram all average below 35%, Ingram shooting worst out of the 3 at 27.5% so yeah even if Bullock is not taking many shots they need him for spacing and just for that 3pt threat.  

I was talking about shots, not just 3-pointers.  All 3 of them take a ton of shots as a whole.

While it might have been an extreme, it took Bullock several quarters in his first start just to score because he wasn't getting any shots.  That wouldn't have been an issue if he was their main guy off the bench in that game.  Yes, it was an extreme and they played awful in that game as whole, but I still believe that Rondo at PG and Bullock as their 6th man makes the most sense.

9 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

No.  It's Luke Walton = the end.  Rondo was still viable up until a few games ago when Walton put Bullock in the starting lineup, and it had already seemed like LeBron was getting into "playoff mode" averaging a triple double per game since returning.  Rondo actually lead the team in Assists last night, but that was all he did.

I was talking about shots, not just 3-pointers.  All 3 of them take a ton of shots as a whole.

While it might have been an extreme, it took Bullock several quarters in his first start just to score because he wasn't getting any shots.  That wouldn't have been an issue if he was their main guy off the bench in that game.  Yes, it was an extreme and they played awful in that game as whole, but I still believe that Rondo at PG and Bullock as their 6th man makes the most sense.

He's a spot up shooter, he needs playmakers around him which us why he is starting over Rondo.

Yeesh. What an absolute stinker of a line. I was relying on him for assists, doesn't even get one tonight. Drop city.