Rotoworld.com Forums

Danilo Gallinari 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread being bumped in the middle of the day, when he doesn't even have a game tonight, really scares me.

Mbah a moute closed out to defend PG13. Got gallo at 160. Riding the wave til..... you know, injures his nipples and be out for a week or 2

Yeah, I've owned him every year he's been in the league except for this season. I remember picking him up off the wire when he came over from the (then) D-League. Sure, he goes on cold streaks, but so

Posted Images

On 1/21/2019 at 9:54 AM, ellejamil said:

I wish all the best for Gallo, but he is one of the slowest healers in the league.

And often injured. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did this season. He gets buckets, but damn you know at some point he gonna get injured. He's one those you avoid on draft and on the wire. Deep leagues, he's serviceable. 12 teams and below..not. He'll hurt you.

50 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

And often injured. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did this season. He gets buckets, but damn you know at some point he gonna get injured. He's one those you avoid on draft and on the wire. Deep leagues, he's serviceable. 12 teams and below..not. He'll hurt you.

If- big if- he comes back from this sometime this week and isn't hurt the rest of the fantasy season, he didn't hurt owners this year.

2 hours ago, Forever Smooth said:

He was a GREAT value pick late in drafts whether he plays another game this year or not and whether you play in shallow or deep leagues. Not sure how you could say he has hurt an owner this year unless that owner foolishly took him in the early rounds. 

No one drafts him expecting 82 games or even 62 games. You draft him to be really good for 30-40 games. Anything after that is gravy. The only negative with him would be if you are in a weekly transaction league and he was in and out of the lineup all year. But that hasn't been the case. 

9 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

He was a GREAT value pick late in drafts whether he plays another game this year or not and whether you play in shallow or deep leagues. Not sure how you could say he has hurt an owner this year unless that owner foolishly took him in the early rounds. 

No one drafts him expecting 82 games or even 62 games. You draft him to be really good for 30-40 games. Anything after that is gravy. The only negative with him would be if you are in a weekly transaction league and he was in and out of the lineup all year. But that hasn't been the case. 

I guess so. Given his history, I avoid him. If he plays, questionable, uncertain I don't wanna deal with all of that. Whether my team is structure well or not. I eliminate the uncertain. Wall for sure will be added to that list for me next year. It's a list of them. In a competitive 12 team, guys like Gallo can hurt you.

Edited by Forever Smooth
1 minute ago, Forever Smooth said:

I guess so. Given his history, I avoid him. If he plays, questionable, uncertain I don't wanna deal with all of that. Whether my team is structure well or not. I eliminate the uncertain. Wall for sure will be added to that list for me next year. It's a list of them.

I understand what you're saying, but low risk, high reward players (like Gallinari at pick 90 or whatever) can be the difference in winning and losing your championship.  It wasn't so long ago, for example, that people looked at Jrue like that.  If you were able to get him in the third round this year, though...whoa baby.

1 hour ago, Forever Smooth said:

I guess so. Given his history, I avoid him. If he plays, questionable, uncertain I don't wanna deal with all of that. Whether my team is structure well or not. I eliminate the uncertain. Wall for sure will be added to that list for me next year. It's a list of them. In a competitive 12 team, guys like Gallo can hurt you.

But that was a discussion before the draft and why many of us got him for cheap. I didn't build around him and anything else he will give me is gravy. If he ends up playing 65 games and plays  great his draft value will go up and I will likely avoid him next year. But again, that is a separate question. Anyone that drafted this year is very very happy. 

Danilo Gallinari said he could be out for another week of action, but he's taking a day-by-day approach with the back issue.

"We're taking it day-by-day, but it's getting a lot better," said Gallinari during an appearance on ESPN's The Jump on Tuesday. "It's been about 10 days now, so maybe a week, but we're going day-by-day." If Gallinari misses another week, that would mean he'll be out for at least another 3-4 games. It doesn't sound like he has any shot of getting back out there for Thursday's game vs. the Lakers, which will result in another start for Patrick Beverley.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Danilo Gallinari said he could be out for another week of action, but he's taking a day-by-day approach with the back issue.

"We're taking it day-by-day, but it's getting a lot better," said Gallinari during an appearance on ESPN's The Jump on Tuesday. "It's been about 10 days now, so maybe a week, but we're going day-by-day." If Gallinari misses another week, that would mean he'll be out for at least another 3-4 games. It doesn't sound like he has any shot of getting back out there for Thursday's game vs. the Lakers, which will result in another start for Patrick Beverley.

Good! Got Beverley for another week. He's been killing it.