Trench Mob

Danilo Gallinari 2018-2019 Season Outlook

7 hours ago, skiteam14 said:

Everyone says sell high but I need him to balance out the effects of John "Drummond" Wall.

It's one thing to be an elite FT shooter but his ability to draw fouls is ridiculous too (although tbf he's getting some soft whistles tonight).

Doc please bubble wrap his a-- after the game

My exact problem is being solver by The Rooster. 2 bubblewraps to go please!

1 hour ago, Fantasyscrub said:

That moment when your 95% ft shooter is costing you free throws...

One of those nights the rooster misfired and forgot to crow..😏

All considered, where do you rank Gallo now from a trade point of view?

Of course he is very good in certain punts, but in general would you consider him less, more or equal than:

1 Mirotic

2 Derozan

3 Aldridge

4 Markannen

5 GHarris

6 Siakam

7 Draymond

8 JJJ

(Disclaimer: I'm an Italian Gallo owner in a punt fg team so I can be a bit biased :-) ) 

20 minutes ago, OSH said:

All considered, where do you rank Gallo now from a trade point of view?

Of course he is very good in certain punts, but in general would you consider him less, more or equal than:

1 Mirotic

2 Derozan

3 Aldridge

4 Markannen

5 GHarris

6 Siakam

7 Draymond

8 JJJ

(Disclaimer: I'm an Italian Gallo owner in a punt fg team so I can be a bit biased :-) ) 

If you could guarantee he wouldn't get hurt, he'd be above probably everyone other than DeRozan.  But if you could guarantee no one on that list would get hurt, either, he'd be behind DeRozan, Aldridge, Harris, and Draymond.  

But you can't trade him for any of those guys other than maybe JJJ or Mirotic right now, because everyone assumes he's going to get hurt.  I've tried.  I couldn't even get Ibaka.

• Thanks 1

Just spectacular tonight. Doesn't get enough love – hard to believe his yahoo ADP was 130. Every single player on my team has missed time with injuries or bogus rest days, except Gallo. Really glad his new Under Armour is working out.

• Haha 1

Gallo is the greatest, priced fantasy friendly player (in FBB) , that ever existed on a per game average. 

He's the perfect example of a sell high candidate. 

The question with him is always when and how much IMO. 

Dude's a baller, but there's a reason his value is always low on pre draft rankings. 

I don't own him, nor would I ever trade any of you owners for him, but I realize how awesome he is. 

I'm just saying this all to provide you perspective from the other side. But I've realized over my years of fantasy basketballing there's always someone willing to bite at the right price. 

Continue your fight or hold on for the eventual "sore shoulder" or whatever it is that costs him a season. 

I’ve had Gallo on multiple occasions over the past few years only to get burnt. I wasn’t going to touch him again but this year his price was so low I just couldn’t pass him up. Honestly, he was so cheap I am just going to ride him out. He’s far exceeded his cost already everything else is just icing on the cake.

I say don’t rush to trade him unless someone is aggressive and offers you a sweet deal. Hold him. Most of us got him for pennies on the dollar. If he does happen to play 70+ games (which he has done before), then he will probably win you your league. 

3 hours ago, adifferentlogik said:

I’ve had Gallo on multiple occasions over the past few years only to get burnt. I wasn’t going to touch him again but this year his price was so low I just couldn’t pass him up. Honestly, he was so cheap I am just going to ride him out. He’s far exceeded his cost already everything else is just icing on the cake.

I say don’t rush to trade him unless someone is aggressive and offers you a sweet deal. Hold him. Most of us got him for pennies on the dollar. If he does happen to play 70+ games (which he has done before), then he will probably win you your league. 

He's having a great year and all (and I own him), but getting a top 40 player late in your draft does not equate to "probably winning your league"

Edited by akund
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, akund said:

He's having a great year and all (and I own him), but getting a top 40 player late in your draft does not equate to "probably winning your league"

Per Yahoo, he appears the second most on teams in first place at the moment.. 

Capture.JPG.1c56e142ea09323df78f0227f4ff8e78.JPG

Edited by adifferentlogik
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, adifferentlogik said:

Per Yahoo, he appears the second most on teams in first place at the moment.. 

Capture.JPG.1c56e142ea09323df78f0227f4ff8e78.JPG

i have 4 of these guys (Gallo, Holiday, Javale and Pascal) and im currently sixth in my league (10 teams)...but couple of my guys were injured like collins, draymond, warren, levert...

1 hour ago, L3onD said:

i have 4 of these guys (Gallo, Holiday, Javale and Pascal) and im currently sixth in my league (10 teams)...but couple of my guys were injured like collins, draymond, warren, levert...

i wish i didnt drop pascal...but hey i believed in gallo and vucevic

9 hours ago, adifferentlogik said:

I’m pretty sure I said “probably” win your league. Of course there are other factors involved. 

Still kind of a ridiculous statement for a guy like Gallo. Owning Gallo isn't giving anyone >50% chance of winning their league.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, akund said:

Still kind of a ridiculous statement for a guy like Gallo. Owning Gallo isn't giving anyone >50% chance of winning their league.

You sound like a hater. 

its so freaking tough to sell him. Asked for Don Mitchell (I really need a PG) who hasnt performed up to top 50 this season and owner said no.

I think I am going to ride this out. I mean I drafted him so late anyway. Already got my money worth.

This is where Bayesian analysis is warranted, where you begin with an assumption then update it in light of new evidence.  If you’re in a twelve team league , assuming everyone is roughly equal, then you start off with a 1/12 chance of winning your league. Drafting Gallo late clearly increases those odds but it’s an awfully big leap to go from 8ish% to 50%+.  You also have to keep in mind that others also have drafted guys who exceed their ADP.  I have AD/Vuc/Gallo (and many others who exceeded their ADP) in a 16 team auction H2H and I’m in second.  I had the same trio in a 12 team roto until I traded away Gallo for great value and I’m in third.  The few leagues where I’m in first are all punt FT teams.  In my experience it’s relatively easy to cash but very difficult to win leagues.  I’m cruising for many cashes this year but only a few first places.  If you said Gallo greatly increases your odds of cashing ofc I would agree.

10 hours ago, adifferentlogik said:

You sound like a hater. 

I love Gallo and own him in my league... that was just such an overstatement

Edited by akund

The reason Gallo is on 20.6 percent of first place teams is because guys who were smart enough to target him late, are probably just smart owners in general and drafted well in other rounds too.

Like myself for example.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

The reason Gallo is on 20.6 percent of first place teams is because guys who were smart enough to target him late, are probably just smart owners in general and drafted well in other rounds too.

Like myself for example.

Facts. Smart owners like us. I drafted Dlo, Levert and Gallo back to back to back in the 8th, 9th, 10th rounds and all were producing top 50 (well LeVert went down but he was killing it). So it's not one guy, but when you have multiple big hits with late round picks, is when you put yourself in a great position to win. I think a lot of Gallo owners didn't just take Gallo cause he fell to them but were actively trying to draft him late because all the signs pointed to huge year if he could avoid injuries. 2nd option (sometimes 1st) on clippers offense majority of nights, no real stars on the team, ft% dominance, BBM prerank of 40th, etc.