Rotoworld.com Forums

Danilo Gallinari 2018-2019 Season Outlook

44 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

The reason Gallo is on 20.6 percent of first place teams is because guys who were smart enough to target him late, are probably just smart owners in general and drafted well in other rounds too.

Like myself for example.

He was a must draft for me. No one with his upside and proven track record was going so late. Yeah, he is an injury risk but we play a weekly game and can cross that bridge when/if it happens. Whatever he does when healthy is house money and even if he does get hurt there is a major difference between him playing 65 games and 35 games.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread being bumped in the middle of the day, when he doesn't even have a game tonight, really scares me.

Mbah a moute closed out to defend PG13. Got gallo at 160. Riding the wave til..... you know, injures his nipples and be out for a week or 2

Yeah, I've owned him every year he's been in the league except for this season. I remember picking him up off the wire when he came over from the (then) D-League. Sure, he goes on cold streaks, but so

Posted Images

2 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

The reason Gallo is on 20.6 percent of first place teams is because guys who were smart enough to target him late, are probably just smart owners in general and drafted well in other rounds too.

Like myself for example.

I think this is fair. I am currently in first place but it is because I cashed on just about all of my late picks. Gallo, Lamb, Gay, Fox, etc. 

On 11/6/2018 at 1:33 AM, ellejamil said:

I have him in one of my other leagues (8-team) where my theme was "high risk, high reward". Gallo was a WW pick and man can he anchor FT's like no other.

Just wow!     He's quietly having a career year!  :wub:

I own him in 3 out of 4 money leagues for some reason so I watch a lot of his games.

He just plays smart basketball, doesn't hog and plays team ball.

Very rarely do I see him jack up a contested shot (as opposed to Tobias who can do some of that).

Although he's not very athletic, he plays decent defense and his 3 point and FT shooting is terrific.

Just a great winning player, lets hope this is the season for him.

5 hours ago, blob2004 said:

I own him in 3 out of 4 money leagues for some reason so I watch a lot of his games.

He just plays smart basketball, doesn't hog and plays team ball.

Very rarely do I see him jack up a contested shot (as opposed to Tobias who can do some of that).

Although he's not very athletic, he plays decent defense and his 3 point and FT shooting is terrific.

Just a great winning player, lets hope this is the season for him.

Everybody knows how good he is in real life and fantasy - he is a proven commodity in both worlds. The problem has always been his health. He’s always either breaking a bone or tearing a ligament. This creates a unique situation where you can’t trade him when he’s playing well but you can’t drop him if he’s injured (not the ROS type of course) either. 

I think he and Derrick Rose this year have proven to us the existence of parallel universe. In a different universe they are already injured and are just starting their rehab program. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I traded for him last week for Dunn because I needed points, threes and free throws more than assists and steals. Loving the production so far. I had a hard time pulling the trigger but I figured Dunn is as much of an injury risk plus I am way over pace in my roto league in games played.  

I have Tobias as well so I have been watching a ton of Clippers games. It just really stood out all year what a great player Gallo is. It’s a joy watching him and Toby dominate every game. 

Edited by Purple Hippo
10 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

I traded for him last week for Dunn because I needed points, threes and free throws more than assists and steals. Loving the production so far. I had a hard time pulling the trigger but I figured Dunn is as much of an injury risk plus I am way over pace in my roto league in games played.  

I have Tobias as well so I have been watching a ton of Clippers games. It just really stood out all year what a great player Gallo is. It’s a joy watching him and Toby dominate every game. 

Also have Gallo, Tobias and Dunn - what a time to be alive for us.

12 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

Was that trade Dunn for Gallo straight up? Because as a Gallo owner I wouldn't even consider that trade. Luckily I have both on my team. 

• Like 1