Sign in to follow this  
buboytorre

Spencer Dinwiddie 2018-19 Season Outlook

God I REALLY don't want to add Napier.  

I'd expect someone like RHJ to benefit, since the Nets could mix up their rotations, and other guards like Crabbe and Napier would probably slot into Dinwiddie's minutes.

12 minutes ago, MWon said:

God I REALLY don't want to add Napier.  

I'd expect someone like RHJ to benefit, since the Nets could mix up their rotations, and other guards like Crabbe and Napier would probably slot into Dinwiddie's minutes.

That is if RHJ can stay healthy himself...

Yup...dude is a walking injury risk.

DLO is for sure gonna be the go-to guy in the clutch now that Dinwiddie's out, but I'm wondering who they use to fill Dinwiddie's drives and attacks to the rim.  Most of the Nets' roster revolves around guys who are, for the most part, shooters and role players.  Who will be the playmaker, other than DLO?  (and please someone tell me it's Napier, haha).

21 minutes ago, MWon said:

Yup...dude is a walking injury risk.

DLO is for sure gonna be the go-to guy in the clutch now that Dinwiddie's out, but I'm wondering who they use to fill Dinwiddie's drives and attacks to the rim.  Most of the Nets' roster revolves around guys who are, for the most part, shooters and role players.  Who will be the playmaker, other than DLO?  (and please someone tell me it's Napier, haha).

It's Napier....

But he's not that good

1 minute ago, cucubing said:

It's Napier....

But he's not that good

Actually he played very well and given minutes is a championship caliber guard. Last year he put up good numbers while given a chance

had 32 /4/7/1 n 4 threes on 12/29

Edited by CityBaller8

Dinwiddie was decent even before Levert got injured. Maybe not has hot as he was recently, but still definitely a strong hold in 10-team leagues with IR spots. 15-2-5 with 2 3s in 45% shooting is not bad at all.

Edited by ellejamil

4 hours ago, CityBaller8 said:

Actually he played very well and given minutes is a championship caliber guard. Last year he put up good numbers while given a chance

had 32 /4/7/1 n 4 threes on 12/29

Here's hoping

tenor.gif?itemid=12171764

I'm gonna hold you personally responsible if he stinks it up tomorrow. 

Any more updates? I can't hold him because I have roco in IR, so I wanna know sooner than later.

5 hours ago, Quazza said:

"Napier.......Championship caliber guard "

In what league?

Maybe meant him leading UConn to the title a few years back?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Nets announced Spencer Dinwiddie (thumb) has torn ligaments and the team is consulting with doctors to determine the best course of action.

This is a confirmation from multiple reports from yesterday. Those reports say he is expected to miss 4-6 weeks for surgery, but it is not official just yet. He is officially out for tonight and there hasn't been anything to suggest Dinwiddie won't be out for multiple weeks. Shabazz Napier should be added in 12-team leagues while Rodions Kuruck, DeMarre Carroll and Joe Harris also benefit.

Yeah, I'm not going to add Napier. f--- that. 

• Haha 1

Just to keep you guys on your toes, they're saying there's a chance he decides to play through it and delay surgery until the off-season

8 minutes ago, apk158 said:

Just to keep you guys on your toes, they're saying there's a chance he decides to play through it and delay surgery until the off-season

As someone who’s torn a ligament in their thumb that sounds like an incredibly stupid idea, but then again I’m not a professional athlete and I guess also theres precedence with guys like Kobe playing through torn ligaments. Still, every time someone makes contact with his hand it’s going to hurt like hell, and it’ll affect him mentally as well. He could end up being more of a hindrance than a help to his team. He should just get the surgery and then come back in 4-6. 

surprised no news yet, even so, it might be inevitable til he has to shut it down if he plays through it. 

6 hours ago, misterj said:

As someone who’s torn a ligament in their thumb that sounds like an incredibly stupid idea, but then again I’m not a professional athlete and I guess also theres precedence with guys like Kobe playing through torn ligaments. Still, every time someone makes contact with his hand it’s going to hurt like hell, and it’ll affect him mentally as well. He could end up being more of a hindrance than a help to his team. He should just get the surgery and then come back in 4-6. 

Yeah, I dunno if I posted in this thread, but I tore one of the ligaments in my thumb in June last year, which caused a dislocation.  I played volleyball and weightlifted through it for about two months (didn't know it was actually that serious), while having it heavily taped until I finally had it checked out and got surgery; took me about 2 months to recover.

Soooo CSB, yeah.  

But my point is basically, in my non-professional and completely irrelevant experience, you CAN play through those sorts of things (of course, I didn't play contact sports with my thumb).  It does hurt like hell and every time the ball (or a player) touches your hand, you're basically changing your shot or movement to avoid further contact, so I was an idiot to play through it...but it's possible.

I'm just hoping he gets an INJ tag so I can swap him out with CP3 on my IL.

7 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

Damn, Napier did his best Dinwiddie impression.  On the Knicks, yes, but man that weighted FT%...

I'm with you, but I think Dinwiddie owners may want to consider handcuffing with Napier.  :/

On 1/24/2019 at 8:03 PM, claptondecheeks said:

Here's hoping

tenor.gif?itemid=12171764

I'm gonna hold you personally responsible if he stinks it up tomorrow. 

Not bad right ? Lol

17 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

why not?