summersoff7

Bam Adebayo Season Outlook 18-19

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

We talking about practice man, not a game

Hahahahahaah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, XOrad10 said:

 

BAM!

 

It would be funnier if Bam is a volume 3pt shooter. Broadcaster would be BAM! BAM! BAM! all game long.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thornton1986 said:

You guys rushing to grab this guy? 

Better to be safe than sorry. If your league is competitive, he will be gone before the game. 

Edited by csklmf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 points with eight rebounds, one assist, three steals and one block in 29 minutes

I will take that.

 

Whiteside's situation is concerning. Other than the injury, his relationship with Spo is seemingly on the table again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, csklmf said:

11 points with eight rebounds, one assist, three steals and one block in 29 minutes

I will take that.

 

Whiteside's situation is concerning. Other than the injury, his relationship with Spo is seemingly on the table again. 

 

On the table again based on what?

 

I streamed Adebayo last night but also own Whiteside, Bam is good and developing but he’s no Hassan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Saltgurkan15 said:

 

On the table again based on what?

 

I streamed Adebayo last night but also own Whiteside, Bam is good and developing but he’s no Hassan

 

whiteside was not happy with the minutes he got for 8 pts 8 rebs night. He was very careful when he was asked upon reduced minutes in second half. s--- like that. Google yourself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know how to use Google. That’s still just an assumption you have.

He didn’t get to play because Spo was concerned about the injury. Whiteside said he ultimately respected Spo’s decision. And seeing as Whiteside missed the game after that it looks like coach was right.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, csklmf said:

 

whiteside was not happy with the minutes he got for 8 pts 8 rebs night. He was very careful when he was asked upon reduced minutes in second half. s--- like that. Google yourself. 

 

Yeah you're spreading a false narrative. Ironically enough you tell him to Google something when you clearly didn't do any digging yourself. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Saltgurkan15 said:

 

On the table again based on what?

 

I streamed Adebayo last night but also own Whiteside, Bam is good and developing but he’s no Hassan

 

Obviously right now Hassan is better, but I ultimately think Bam will become a better player down the line (better than Hassan's peak that is).  He reminds me (and this is purely talking his ultimate ceiling) of a better rebounding Marc Gasol.

Edited by jmoney23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish the Heat could trade Whiteside, then they could run

 

Dragic at PG

Wade at SG

Richardson at SF

Winslow at PF

Bam at C

 

That's a well rounded starting 5 right there with veteran leadership and a TON of upside.  I need to watch Bam play more, but from what I've seen so far, he is a starting caliber center that doesn't slow the offense down as bad as many traditional centers.  He has active hands that are good for above average steals, and can block a shot per game.  He's not the rebounder Whiteside is, but the team overall could get more rebounds in general, helping their fantasy values.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Curious - who is the better pickup - Bam or Olynyk?

 

Bam has by far the higher upside and will start if Hasan misses time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a Celtics fan, and think Olynik is cool and all, but not a fan of him in Fantasy.  He's too inconsistent and doesn't offer defensive stats, and hasn't gotten any better at rebounding.  I'd take Bam over Oly any day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jmoney23 said:

 

Obviously right now Hassan is better, but I ultimately think Bam will become a better player down the line (better than Hassan's peak that is).  He reminds me (and this is purely talking his ultimate ceiling) of a better rebounding Marc Gasol.

Marc Gasol alot better than Bam even on his rookie year imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't really see a Gasol and Adebayo comparison at all. Bam is 100x more athletic but nowhere near the passer or shooter that Marc Gasol is/was. I do like Bam as a young player though, and could see him peaking higher than Whiteside in terms of value being brought to the team. In terms of Fantasy, I don't think Bam has any real chance of peaking higher than Whiteside. 

 

He has the type of motor you can't teach, which I think is the most important part. Hopefully, he can develop some skill in the next few years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jmoney23 said:

 

Obviously right now Hassan is better, but I ultimately think Bam will become a better player down the line (better than Hassan's peak that is).  He reminds me (and this is purely talking his ultimate ceiling) of a better rebounding Marc Gasol.

 

Did you come up with that comparison on your own or was that thought planted in your head by Josh Lloyd? He said this on his podcast last night. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

josh lloyd also said milos teodosic was the next pistol pete

bam will never be at whiteside's level, i see him more like a Joel Anthony...blocks shots, rebounds, great motor but the offensive game is too raw

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Don't really see a Gasol and Adebayo comparison at all. Bam is 100x more athletic but nowhere near the passer or shooter that Marc Gasol is/was. I do like Bam as a young player though, and could see him peaking higher than Whiteside in terms of value being brought to the team. In terms of Fantasy, I don't think Bam has any real chance of peaking higher than Whiteside. 

 

He has the type of motor you can't teach, which I think is the most important part. Hopefully, he can develop some skill in the next few years.

 

I'm officially calling my team the Motor Boats after drafting Harrell, Bam and Mitchell Robinson.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.