summersoff7

Bam Adebayo Season Outlook 18-19

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, j3rkthenurk said:

 

Why would it be Washington when they have Howard?

Howard won't return until mid Feb or later. He only signed on for 1 year as well. Howard also has some legal troubles which can end his career IF proven true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, heero78 said:

Howard won't return until mid Feb or later. He only signed on for 1 year as well. Howard also has some legal troubles which can end his career IF proven true. 

 

Howard signed a two year deal that includes a player option.

Edited by j3rkthenurk
zz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, USP123 said:

Interesting I have him and Whiteside so Im kind of in a weird spot. Hope one gets traded.

 

6 hours ago, MJtheGOAT said:

 

I'm in the same situation, and I agree a Whiteside trade would be the best for everyone; Whiteside, Adebayo, Spolestra, and most importantly our fantasy teams, lol.  In all seriousness, what would be the best spot for Whiteside?  I'm thinking maybe Washington.  Would love to hear what others think.  It would be great if Hassan could get on a team that plays him 30+ minutes a game.

 

Hate to burst your buddles, but even with all the stupid franchises in the NBA right now no-one is trading for Whiteside this year (and probably not next year either). He has $52M left over the next 2 years. YUK! He has a poor attitude, is more interested in stat padding than helping his team, and they are worse with him on the floor; Heat are stuck with him. The Heat are in a really BAD place right now. They are full of bad contracts that they can't trade and have no chance in competing. They should just eat Whiteside's contract and bench him and roll with Bam...
Bam looms:
Bam Looms.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Boogerloo said:

Only played 5 min with no Whiteside. Is he injured?

 

Use your brain. Foul trouble

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, royalm said:

 

Use your brain. Foul trouble

Go F yourself tough guy. Does it look like i am watching the game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Boogerloo said:

Go F yourself tough guy. Does it look like i am watching the game? 

 

You obviously checked the box score... just look at the foul column next time instead of posting it on here.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These two games have shown what he can do as the starting C. Sadly, whiteside isn't going away. I may have to drop him later. 

Edited by sickrookie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The potential is so real--just like Rozier, both guys are stuck and stifled. Reminds me of Gobert's situation back when he was behind Kanter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

The potential is so real--just like Rozier, both guys are stuck and stifled. Reminds me of Gobert's situation back when he was behind Kanter.

 

Except that irving is good and Whiteside is $hit. They are a better team with Bam on the floor. No two ways about it. They need to just forget about Whiteside and his terrible contract and play bam. Why showcase whiteside, every team knows what he is and no one is touching that toxic contract. Just play the future big of your franchise... Surely

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an owner of both (knew I was gonna have to have Bam for Whiteside insurance), I really hope on Monday they have some news. Either come back Monday or take the entire trip off. Very simple. Whiteside already screwed me this week by making me eat 2 zeros. Please don't screw me next week too. Either play all 4 or play none so I can start Bam 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

 

Except that irving is good and Whiteside is $hit. They are a better team with Bam on the floor. No two ways about it. They need to just forget about Whiteside and his terrible contract and play bam. Why showcase whiteside, every team knows what he is and no one is touching that toxic contract. Just play the future big of your franchise... Surely

 

Every one of your posts in this thread is pure delusion. Whiteside is leading the league in blocks and is 3rd in rebounding. We get it you own Bam, I do too, but posting this nonsense every week isn't going to make Bam magically turn into an all star and it's just a bad look.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stay_woke said:

 

Every one of your posts in this thread is pure delusion. Whiteside is leading the league in blocks and is 3rd in rebounding. We get it you own Bam, I do too, but posting this nonsense every week isn't going to make Bam magically turn into an all star and it's just a bad look.

 

Dude, I don't even own Bam, but I'm watching him close because I like his hustle and upside.

 

https://stats.nba.com/player/1628389/

Bam 2.2 +/-

https://stats.nba.com/player/202355/

Whiteside -2.3 +/-

(worst since his rookie year).

 

Sure it's not all his fault as his fellows starters are partly to blame. But the only thing that sucks worse than Whiteside is his contract, he is not improving his team:

"Whiteside is leading the league in blocks and is 3rd in rebounding."

This is all Whiteside cares about putting up stats. I've never said Bam is an all-star, but at least he gives effort into trying to improve his team and winning. The heat are terrible 11-14 (and on a two game win streak without Whiteside) and he has by far their biggest contract so a lot of what they do comes down to him and he doesn't care. Convince me otherwise that Whiteside is a good player. He is useful in fantasy while ever he plays because he is a stat chaser, but he is injury prone and once again (justifiably) he is in Spolstra's dog-house because his attitude sucks. That will effect his fantasy value as it already has.

"posting this nonsense every week"

I've made a grand total of 2 post on this Bam Adebayo board and both happened in the last day. Might want to turn down the hyperbole a little bro...

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

As an owner of both (knew I was gonna have to have Bam for Whiteside insurance), I really hope on Monday they have some news. Either come back Monday or take the entire trip off. Very simple. Whiteside already screwed me this week by making me eat 2 zeros. Please don't screw me next week too. Either play all 4 or play none so I can start Bam 

I am sure they give a damn about your fantasy team dude. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sickrookie said:

Whiteside out on Monday. Ride him for one more game!

 

Where’d you see this? Out for just Monday or the road trip?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

 

Where’d you see this? Out for just Monday or the road trip?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not being delusional, it's being subjective.

 

WS/48: Whiteside .156 < Adebayo .190

TS%: Whiteside .529 < Adebayo .616

ORtg(per 100 possessions): Whiteside 107 < Adebayo 123

DRtg(per 100 possessions): Whiteside 98 > Adebayo 104

 

and Whiteside also has one of the worst success rates and expected points per post play. (attempts about 3.5 times a game)

 

Adebayo shows more energy level, is more versatile in defense, and has a better chemistry with Dragic, Heat's starting PG.

The combination of Adebayo + Olynyk fits way more to the modern trend of NBA.

I believe that already Adebayo is clearly a better fit to the current playstyle and the roster of Heat, it becomes more evident when you actually see the games.

There is a reason why many Heat fans want Whiteside out, Spo is not believing in him fully, and teams do not want him in the trade market although he is '3rd in rebounding and 1st in blocks.'

 

IF Whiteside didn't have that big contract to back him up, there is a high probability that Adebayo could have already taken over the role as Starting C.

I own Whiteside in 2 leagues and Adebayo in 1. and tbh, I don't often care about fantasy when I write at this forum.

 

 

 

Edited by jhsong916
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jhsong916 said:

It's not being delusional, it's being subjective.

 

WS/48: Whiteside .156 < Adebayo .190

TS%: Whiteside .529 < Adebayo .616

ORtg(per 100 possessions): Whiteside 107 < Adebayo 123

DRtg(per 100 possessions): Whiteside 98 > Adebayo 104

 

and Whiteside also has one of the worst success rates and expected points per post play. (attempts about 3.5 times a game)

 

Adebayo shows more energy level, is more versatile in defense, and has a better chemistry with Dragic, Heat's starting PG.

The combination of Adebayo + Olynyk fits way more to the modern trend of NBA.

I believe that already Adebayo is clearly a better fit to the current playstyle and the roster of Heat, it becomes more evident when you actually see the games.

There is a reason why many Heat fans want Whiteside out, Spo is not believing in him fully, and teams do not want him in the trade market although he is '3rd in rebounding and 1st in blocks.'

 

IF Whiteside didn't have that big contract to back him up, there is a high probability that Adebayo could have already taken over the role as Starting C.

I own Whiteside in 2 leagues and Adebayo in 1. and tbh, I don't often care about fantasy when I write at this forum.

 

 

 

 

I wasn't arguing who was a better fit for the heat, it was more about labeling 'Whiteside s---' which he is clearly not. If you want to say his attitude is s--- (it is) that is more than fair but he is clearly a good basketball player. He's playing for a coach who hates him and two guards who have no idea how to get him involved and is still producing great numbers. If you switched him with Deandre Jordan and had him playing with a guy like Luka he could be one of the best centers in the league. 

 

At the end of the day I own both him and Bam and would love to see Hassan traded as I'm sure all of us would. There's no point for the heat to continue to have him when he and Spo clearly have issues. I like Bam and I see him as a very similar guy to Montrezl. Hopefully something works out because this organization looks lost right now. And I apologize to @Jake the snake for being too abrasive my first post but I just hate seeing posts bashing one guy just to make another player look better. They're both great basketball players imo and I hope Bam has a chance to shine because I too admire his hustle and defense.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stay_woke said:

 

I wasn't arguing who was a better fit for the heat, it was more about labeling 'Whiteside s---' which he is clearly not. If you want to say his attitude is s--- (it is) that is more than fair but he is clearly a good basketball player. He's playing for a coach who hates him and two guards who have no idea how to get him involved and is still producing great numbers. If you switched him with Deandre Jordan and had him playing with a guy like Luka he could be one of the best centers in the league. 

 

At the end of the day I own both him and Bam and would love to see Hassan traded as I'm sure all of us would. There's no point for the heat to continue to have him when he and Spo clearly have issues. I like Bam and I see him as a very similar guy to Montrezl. Hopefully something works out because this organization looks lost right now. And I apologize to @Jake the snake for being too abrasive my first post but I just hate seeing posts bashing one guy just to make another player look better. They're both great basketball players imo and I hope Bam has a chance to shine because I too admire his hustle and defense.

 

I generally rate guys based on their contract, which is essentially how the market rates them. The Heat made a huge mistake and MASSIVELY overrated Whiteside and he is on one of the worst contracts in the league. His attitude is terrible and that is part of the package. Do you really think Rick Carlisle would tolerate Whiteside? Man he'd be done with him in no time. That's why I don't rate him and as @jhsong916 mentions I also talk more about IRL basketball than most on this blog because (1) it's fun to chat about and (2) it is IMO the most underrated part of fantasy basketbsll. Appreciate the apology, humility on here and in general is pretty few and far between these days. 

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^im thinking of that too.  lyles, nance and him.  those 3 are my droppables for a hot FA.  but the way he's playing with the mins he's given, i might hold onto him throughout the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.